Dodge SRT Forum banner

Chief track times

14K views 275 replies 28 participants last post by  Chief 
#1 ·
This is with AGPs new 6162 DBB turbo on 22psi and E85, STreet tunned by me only 22 degrees timing, and low 12 afrs

Had some issues first 2-3 passes, my 6 puck HD act was slipping BAD real bad wot shifting into 2nd. So let it cool for a good 15-20 mins (50 degree night) went back out, and all of a sudden shes grabbin now, and blowing off the tires instead. SOO im VERY confused to what happened there? The clutch has been street driven with street tires since the disc went in, brand new 6 pucka bout 4-5k miles ago and all street driving. First time clutch has seen sticky Drs on a half ass preped track. SOO think my clutch was glazed over or something? just needed some stress put on her? Cause rest of the night seem to be grabbin just fine, I thought i was gonna need to put a ED plate and a new 6 puck in. :buah: anyways, Did OK i guess, 1-2 is a joke, 12psi in mandh Drs COLD night, kinda shitty prep, This is on 22 creepin to 23 in upper rpms with agps 6162 turbo pullin nice, but again kinda concerned about the clutch wanted to get some thought on that.

12.2 @ 119

with a 2.1 60ft :rofl: YYeaaaaa I also did a 12.2 at 118 with a 2.0 60
Highest trap tonight was 120 with ugly Et and 60ft lol

This is at 4000ft, NHRA corrected at sea, should put me at 11.6 at 125
Need slicks, but whats this clutch gonna do? OR do u guys think it just needed some stress put to her tonight to get some grip. Again i had zero issues rest of night, wot shifting rest of night, no slipping as i could feel.

BTW first time at track EVERR! i was shaking like a LEAF my first pass lol

so there ya go hunter finally a TRACK run lol gonna do few more Drs and low boost runs, just to get experence and seat time, gonna need slicks 4SHO, and figure out if this clutch is gonna be alright or not. :eeeek:

srt 4 1/4 agp 6162 - YouTube

See less See more
#110 ·
:rofl:

Yeaa its pretty bad, in the middle of the desert, and preped like shit

Just got my front end alligned.

what u guys think? best they could do with out camber bolts

#109 ·
you want to clean up your 60's look into your suspension setup and track preperation. The tire will keep you consistant but a properly setup car will lower the 60 foot times.

Honestly with a big turbo like that I would just focus on and compare your back 1/2 times until you clean up your short track times.

#213 ·
Honestly with a big turbo like that I would just focus on and compare your back 1/2 times until you clean up your short track times.
On tha note... what was the back 1/2 between your DR' run and your 23" slicks run. I would REALLY like to know the back 1/2 ET and MPH. And truthfull it's probably the best info you should have taken away from your last track visit.

#113 ·
Welp... 23s are too small ROFL! 1-2 blowing off, its gripping but still spinning em pretty bad, when i wot to third it spins a 1/4 into the gear than starts hookin nice. Goal was 11.5 1.8 with 1.8 60s

Got a 11.6 1.7 60 and 120 trap i THOUGHT my traps would climb a bit? I ran 12.2 on 22 psi on 25" DRS I guess those smaller tires really messed with me, but yeaa i need 24.5s :/ So 23s going up for sale. But they did pretty good :)

Ill post slip tomorrow too tired tonight to go dig in the car. lol BTW This is on a unpreped track, ghetttoo ass track. AND at 5k feet, nhra cal puts me at 11.1 at sea level, im

pretty happy with that on only 24-25 psi. :)
Ill turn her up a bit once i start hookin with 24.5s lol goal is low 11s at 5k feet, we will see :) BTW will my traps go up on 24.5s?

Anyone have some 24s wanna trade for 23s? lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCjD3LRd-Zw&feature=youtu.be

You can see how shit the track is the burn out box is RIGHT in front of the staging lines.

BTW i could NOT keep my rear locked down at the burn out box, 2-3 seconds of 2nd gear burn, and slicks just pulled my ass right out the box. I was gettin kinda pissed lol any help there? OR just a shit track setup maybe?

#114 ·
Just looked up clint tx thats where track is, 3600ft

cal came to 11.11 and 125 sea

nissan gtr there running low 12s launching the hell out of it too.

also built LS1 NASTY cam and heads, gutted camaro auto spraying 200 shot, but off bottle tonight ran 12.1 thats about only thing comming close. Not much here in elpaso, and the comments before and after runs where holarious, wife and some friends in the stand, over heard alot saying... PShhhh a neon.... 11.6.... HOLLLYYY SHIT! lol cracks me up

#116 ·
That's pretty respectable for your first time out....prepped track or not, and I dont even care what elevation you're at...lol...I mean lets face it....the only time you'll ever be 'at sea level' is like one or two days out of the year at the right track....you could be at a track that is at sea level, but once you take into consideration the weather, the density/corrected altitude is more likely going to be more than 1,000ft.

I dont know whats going to happen to your MPH when you switch to the 24.5s. With a 1.7 60' you didnt spin as much as you think you did. Everyone spins through first gear, and if you don't, it's gonna dead hook and bog. Guessing off of you current power level, I would say you would probably still spin a little in second at the begining, but third should be solid.

It doesnt sound like you're WOT shifting your 1-2 shift, but you did on your 2-3 shift. Why is that? One thing you need to know is that the best way to shave off ET, is to lower your lower times(60' and 330')....your 60' is pretty respectable and I would take that any day of the week, but your 330' might improve if you wot shift into 2nd...the only gray area is how much it would spin with the 23s...but if you were on the 24.5s, I'd say yeah....do it and the car is gonna go faster.

So how did that 1.7 60' feel when you let the clutch out?lol...Im surprised it didnt catch you off guard, unless you had to do a few 'test' passes before you got this one.

#117 ·
Car has high tens written all over It! I hate to say this but I see you spending $500.00 in the near future. 300 for a pair of slicks and 200 for a boost box. Other than 1st I did not hear spinning. You might of heard the gate opening.

Great short time and great run! :thumbsup:

#118 ·
2nd was def blowing off, i was fighting to keep car strait.

First pass i cut a 1.8 and a huge smile, i love feeling grip 1-2-3 lol incredable.

I was WOT shifting to 2nd with Drs and was just blowing them off worst, and everyone said its alot of stress wot 1-2 and also i was having clutch issues, LUCKLY enough NO clutch issues at ALL last night soo i was pretty happy, but reason i did not wot shift 1-2 was cause i figured id blow 2nd off even worse. with 24s i wanna wot 1-2-3-4

BTW i was shifting at 6800-7k last night, and from abotu 66-67 and up car seems like shes not pullin anymore, dies out, so guessing im makin peak around 65-6600, head holdin me back, cause i know many with built heads see more liek 68-69. SOOO i think im gonna set redline around 67 next time out and shift around 65-66, my last pass of the night i ran out each gear to 69-7k and ran a 11.8 60 was a 1.8 though. But still i think i need to shift a little earlier. the 1.7 and 11.6 pass i was shifting around 66-67 every gear.

its not the runs that really change, its the power levels at what psi, 25 psi at this elevation is not what it would make back at sea because theres less oxygen per molicule. So 25 back home id be signiccantly faster, and makin more power. so at 25 im real happy at this elevation running mid 11s, its gonna take 30-32 i think to see those lower 11s at this elevation, where back at sea 30s put me into 10s easy... if i can get traction lol

Boost box.... Ugahh... its been on my mind.

Guess id have to sell my incar hallman :/ and it works as a totally different system, it dosent not work in conjunction with the DSP right? Can my twostep/wotbox be flashed to have the boost box as well? or i need another box?

#119 ·
nice 60.... semmed to me that second hooked and not spun.. I'd rather wot 1-2 then 2-3.. u need to get that car rolling as fast as possible out to the 330 mark.... 3-4 and 4-5 wot shifts are really NOT needed...

ur mph is low for such a big turbo.

I ran my times with 23" slick and bouncing off the limiter for the last 150 feet or so..

#120 ·
lol its hard to hear in the vids damn wind, i was spinnin 2nd i was trying to keep it strait every time,

I may wot 1-2 with 24s.

I thought my trap was VERY low, i pulled a 119-120 with those drs on 22 psi?
I thought maybe i just overpowering the 23s? the drs where 25"s i was expecting 123-125ish :/

#122 ·
i dont get it, i was in 4th for AWHILE before crossing and past 6k how the hell was i only 120? Almost wondering if something is up with track, its that ghettoo.

2-3 passes it did not even take my time in the right lane, so idk. i need to find a new track. gonan check the one out in las cruses.

#123 ·
well i guess with such small tires thats all true, im use to 18s lol

NORMALLY smaller slicks help traps, but i wondering if my power level is over 23s and it will pull harder with a taller tire? and help traps?

#177 ·
Holly cow, did you order a pizza or something while waiting for the tree?

IMO leave the "corrections" out of it. No one gives a shit what NHRA's non boost compensating calculators say. You realize all that elevation shit changes once the air gets past the turbo right? Those calculators are good for N/A cars and to some extent Super Charged (positive displacement) cars.

Regardless awesome improvement. Defenetly ditch the 23's but i think you realize that now lol!

#130 ·
:rofl: yepppp..

REason they dont wanna prep, is cause 90% are on street tires, so they dont wanna waste it. They said once it warms up more, and more slicks come out they will prep from line to line Hopin warmer night will help track get a little sticky too, im done untill it warms up, and i get some 24.5s on it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.