Dodge SRT Forum banner

Chief track times

14K views 275 replies 28 participants last post by  Chief 
#1 ·
This is with AGPs new 6162 DBB turbo on 22psi and E85, STreet tunned by me only 22 degrees timing, and low 12 afrs

Had some issues first 2-3 passes, my 6 puck HD act was slipping BAD real bad wot shifting into 2nd. So let it cool for a good 15-20 mins (50 degree night) went back out, and all of a sudden shes grabbin now, and blowing off the tires instead. SOO im VERY confused to what happened there? The clutch has been street driven with street tires since the disc went in, brand new 6 pucka bout 4-5k miles ago and all street driving. First time clutch has seen sticky Drs on a half ass preped track. SOO think my clutch was glazed over or something? just needed some stress put on her? Cause rest of the night seem to be grabbin just fine, I thought i was gonna need to put a ED plate and a new 6 puck in. :buah: anyways, Did OK i guess, 1-2 is a joke, 12psi in mandh Drs COLD night, kinda shitty prep, This is on 22 creepin to 23 in upper rpms with agps 6162 turbo pullin nice, but again kinda concerned about the clutch wanted to get some thought on that.

12.2 @ 119

with a 2.1 60ft :rofl: YYeaaaaa I also did a 12.2 at 118 with a 2.0 60
Highest trap tonight was 120 with ugly Et and 60ft lol

This is at 4000ft, NHRA corrected at sea, should put me at 11.6 at 125
Need slicks, but whats this clutch gonna do? OR do u guys think it just needed some stress put to her tonight to get some grip. Again i had zero issues rest of night, wot shifting rest of night, no slipping as i could feel.

BTW first time at track EVERR! i was shaking like a LEAF my first pass lol

so there ya go hunter finally a TRACK run lol gonna do few more Drs and low boost runs, just to get experence and seat time, gonna need slicks 4SHO, and figure out if this clutch is gonna be alright or not. :eeeek:

srt 4 1/4 agp 6162 - YouTube

See less See more
#3 ·
elevation is a bitch man, i did one pass after tryin to see 12.1 or 12.0 but i just could not get traction man, 1.8-1.7 60 would have helped out alot. :/

whats ya thoughts on the clutch actin like that?

#5 · (Edited)
I also wonder.... i had a big coolant leak goo ALL over my tranny last week i mean massive amounts, my turbo coolany line BLEW, and went everything and all over the trans and made a puddle in that little cubby. Wonder if some made its way down between trans/block case, and clutch got a little wet with coolat last week, than at track, she just burned her all off. Idk im grabbin at straws with this weird clutch issue.

you all wot from 1st to 2nd yea?

just dont make sence why first 2 passes slipped real bad when i went 1-2 wot shift, let it cool for awhile, than rest of night no problems?

#7 ·
maybe you were so shaky you smoked your clutch during your burn out? and ust got it too hot

also i thought your not suppoded to WOT 1st to 2nd?

regular shift from 1st to 2nd then WOT the rest...... maybe thats why you 60' sucked? you had to be spinning the 1st to 2nd WOT.

idk, i dont knbow shit, just my 2 cents

#10 · (Edited)
Chief, good to see you get out there and get some seat time! Right on man. 11s are right around the corner for you!!

You could have slipped the clutch too long starting the burn out or staging...a lot of areas where you were sitting on it. I've glazed the WS6 many times in the beginning getting used to it.

I know it's tough to even think in the moment with the adrenaline running, but if you spin through first, don't WOT 2nd as you'll just continue the spin. let her grab and then keep getting it through the rest of the gears showing no mercy until you pass those gates!!! Slight rotation spin in first is actually good and will keep you in the power band, but blowing the tires off won't help anything.
Good work again man.
Adam

#15 ·
I think he needs to run real boost levels. As you know 23 pounds of boost ain't shit. Only in the SRT world is that a high boost level for a turbo car. :jester:

Personally I think he should get rid of that crappy 6 puck and get a twin, but he street drives his car way more than I do, so I can understand not wanting to DD a twin disk.

#14 ·
Chief,

You know I'm very happy to see this!!

- Your times are to be expected for running on DR's and only running 23 PSI. You have a big boy turbo now, 23 pounds is NOT alot of boost.

- Time for slicks and a boost box my friend. Run 26/27 pounds out the back door and you will run 11's no problem. Actually, you will run 11's on the DR's and high 10's with slicks.

- My 6 puck did not fair well for track usage. I hope one day someone makes a decent street/strip clutch for the SRT-4.

#18 ·
yea 23 is damn low for this turbo, i wasent out to set records just get use to the car and track, this is my FIRST time EVER at a track. EVER lol i was shakin like a leaf.

Ill def do that next time, no wot shifts 1-2 ill call up act and see what they say about it slipping. Yea twin is out the question right now, if anything a new 6 puck disc and xtreme plate switch out.

#24 ·
Do u guys think too my launch is a little slow? slippin clutch to much, i think as soon as i start to feel clutch grab let it go? been watching some 10 second passes by fellow neons, and they are releasing a little faster.

#29 ·
when i go back, and it slips again, or gives out, i guess ill go with a unsprung 6 with xd. But i still wanna get actmans opinion on what happened last night

#31 ·
HD sprung 6 puck with prolite fly. disc has only seen street and street tires, few times with Drs on street but thats nothing compared to a track surface. Its rated at 600, and im not even close. I was thinkin about adjusting the pedal so that my pedal disengauage close to the floor and not so high, i heard that can help with wot shifting as well.

#32 ·
damn that sucks, i just installed one on a buddys, and had to adjust the pedal a lil, at first it wouldnt even go in gear....lol ACT has really good customer service, i guess when you do swap it out contact em and they might be able to hook you up

#33 ·
Yea again, im just gonna see if it needed stressed, because the rest of the night, as you can see from the vids the clutch was blowing 2-3rd off, so idk, was very weird.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.