Dodge SRT Forum banner

Won't hold 20 psi

1K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  A-Town SRT 
#1 · (Edited)
The car is tuned to spike 18-19 psi max with the flashed tune I have but it continually spikes 23 psi after 3rd gear WOT. I decided to run a boost leak test and didn't hear any leaks, but when I ran the pressure up to 20 psi it dropped very quickly than started to slow down around 15 psi. Do you guys think it could be the rings?

#3 · (Edited)
Stock WGA and surge valve. The surge valve was just replaced because it did have a small leak. The valve cover gasket around one of the spark plugs was leaking as well so I changed out all the valve cover gaskets for new ones. The last place I checked was the turbo outlet tubing to the hotside of the inter cooler, no apparent leaks even at 20 psi. Honestly this is driving me crazy because I've, tightened, zip tied and put hose clamps on all the culprit areas. When I do the boost leak test I do hear air rushing through the block on the inside but I'm assuming this is normal? I think I might just get a compression test done to make sure the internals are OK.

#11 ·
You have the key in the ON position when doing the test right? Also I have a check valve preventing boost from getting to the valve cover and PVC valve etc. Just gets rid of that whole section when testing which is nice.

#14 ·
You shouldn't be getting any bleed off of pressure at the vc breather tube. If you are I'd check to ensure your check valve is functional, and/or flowing in the right direction. If you are getting exceptional amounts of blow by after that, I would certainly perform a leak down test. Just to ensure that the crank case is not being pressurized.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.