Dodge SRT Forum banner

Weird TPS sensor issue.

2K views 15 replies 4 participants last post by  Christopher Greenup 
#1 ·
So I am getting 4.77v from the signal wire for the TPS. I disconnected the engine harness from the PCM and checked at the pin on the PCM and get 4.77v there as well. Just wondering if my ecu is bad or if something else can cause this to happen. The ECU was involved in an accident at one time but functions fully other than the voltage from the TPS signal wire.

#2 ·
Are you having an issue that is making you look at the TPS?
So you disconnected C2 from the PCM only?
There are 3 wires to the TPS, 2 goes to the PCM - 5v from and the signal back into- then there is the ground.
So is what you are saying that the signal pin on the PCM has 5v? Or the 5v output from the PCM?
There should only be 5v from one of the pins (output) on the PCM, not both.

Attachments

#3 ·
i get 4.99/5.0v flat on the ref wire, ground tones to ground, and the middle wire on the connector shows 4.77v. I'm getting a TPS/MAP correlation code and when I watch it on my OBD tool, TPS shows WOT most of the time, only showing otherwise at part throttle and true WOT. I pulled the orange connector at the PCM which is the engine harness connector and i get 4.77v directly at pin 21 TPS signal in.

#8 ·
I am doing all of this because my Xcal2 is set to deliver tomorrow and I am going over the small handful of issues that are left with the car so I can dive into PRP. A bad ECU is at the top of the list of things to fix for sure.... My only question now is...., do I bother buying a toys ECU or just another stock 04/05? (I have 2 different gas stations in the area that sell 110 octane is the only reason I consider it.)

#9 · (Edited)
Ok so my stage 3 pcm came and I hooked it up to check pin 21. My problem persists. 4.76v from the pin with only the black connector plugged in. Is there anything harness/car side that could cause this? Is there a particular ground associated with the pcm sensors that I can check? I am stumped and need to fix this to move forward with the build.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.