Washer Pump - SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum

Go Back   SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum > SRT-4 Other Discussion > SRT Problems & Dealer Service

SrtForums.com is the premier Dodge SRT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2011, 11:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 40130
Default Washer Pump

Anyone know what fuse the washer pump uses? I can only assume that it uses the same fuse as the wiper motors but the service manual doesn't specify a fuse for the washer pump.
2005 Neon SRT-4 | Daily Driver
Polygon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2011, 01:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 57724

i dont think their is one because mine does not work and i beleive i was told i need to get a new one.
Old 12-24-2011, 03:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 5369

Chrysler ran the current for the wiper motor and the washer pump through the multi-function switch and didn't use any relays or body computer to control their fucntion. Both are powered off fuse #2 (20 amp) in the underhood power distribution center that receives power when ignition switch is on. The service manual does show they both use different grounds, with the washer pump using G103 which should a the ground wire on the top of the upper radiator core support near the passenger side headlamp assembly.
blackbird_R/T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 11:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Quote: Originally Posted by blackbird_R/T View Post
Chrysler ran the current for the wiper motor and the washer pump through the multi-function switch and didn't use any relays or body computer to control their fucntion. Both are powered off fuse #2 (20 amp) in the underhood power distribution center that receives power when ignition switch is on. The service manual does show they both use different grounds, with the washer pump using G103 which should a the ground wire on the top of the upper radiator core support near the passenger side headlamp assembly.

Thanks!

Guess it's not the fuse then as the wipers are working. I did at least manage to find that ground in the service manual. I'm going to pull it in and check the connection tomorrow. But I'm guessing I'll be getting a new pump.

I looked up the pump and it's $101 over at Mopar Parts. Then I checked a dealer I use a lot and it's only $27. I assume the pump is the same across models?
Old 12-25-2011, 01:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

my girl works at a dealer and gets discounts from all dealers and asked to find prices. Their was a "universal" one that was around that price and the stock one was like 80 bucks with her discount. Im not sure which one they were telling you about but it could be that. i need to replace it myself also.
Old 12-25-2011, 03:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

The SRT-4 uses a different reservoir but the parts catalog shows the pump is the same as the regular Neon trim levels. Part number 5103452AA and looks like current list price is around $101 so with a discount is probably in the $70-80 range depending on where you buy it. It wouldn't surprise me if there was a less expensive generic alternative that can be fitted in place of an exact fit, OEM style pump. I don't know what the differences (if any) there are.
Old 12-25-2011, 05:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

i heard that the generic one is not an exact fit you have to do a couple things differently.
Old 12-25-2011, 09:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Yep, that must be the generic pump. I just searched that part number and it's $70. Oh well, hopefully it's not the pump. I guess we'll see.

Thanks for the help everyone!
Old 12-25-2011, 10:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

The OEM direct-fit part number seems to be pretty common on a lot of Chrysler products in the early to mid 2000s. If you test and find it is getting power but not working you could always try removing and reverse flushing the pump to clean it out and if that doesn't work try a local self-serve salvage yard.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement