Dodge SRT Forum banner

Srt4 vibrates bad

3K views 29 replies 14 participants last post by  srt-4boosting 
#1 ·
Ok it might be nothing but my car vibrates bad. I do have solid motor mounts and balance chain cut. I cut the chain about 5 months ago aNd don't believe it was this bad. It is shaking dash and door panels. If there anything I can check let me know just want to make sure car is not falling apart.

#13 ·
My steering shakes right now. Guy at the shop told me Thats what I needed and an alignment. I'll be fixing it this weekend. Well at least putting the parts on then later on in the week getting the alignment done. I'll let you know if it works. Also check to see if your balancing weight are still on the inside of your rim.

#21 ·
Does it do it while sitting still and revving the engine to the 3k range? While moving, can the vibration be felt primarily in the steering wheel or is it the whole car shaking? Does the car pull slightly to one side when out on the freeway, accelerating or coasting? Is the vibration there while accelerating, coasting, decelerating or all three? Does it occur when going straight as well as while turning? Is it actually rpm dependent (i.e. 3k rpm range) or speed dependent, meaning if at the same speed when it is occurring does it go away if you up-shift or downshift to change engine speed?

There's a lot of potential sources and before you start jumping around trying to guess what it could be and throwing parts at the car it would be best to define the exact conditions in which it occurs. If you want to start with some simple stuff you could try rotating both front tires to the rear, put the car on jack stands and inspect the suspension bushings, check for excessive wheel bearing play, do a good visual once over of the suspension, as well as check to make sure the engine mounts and upper and lower torque strut mounts are still torqued to spec and not damaged, but unless you get lucky it might not be something that jumps out as being a problem.

Diagnosing noises and vibrations over the internet is very tough. We could all sit here and guess and maybe someone will get lucky, but if you can let us know the exact conditions when the vibration is occurring it would help immensely in giving you some areas or components to look at.

#24 ·
I have the same problem when i hit 60mph and up it will shake my steering wheel really bad!

Sent from my MB300 using AutoGuide App

#26 ·
When you say on the gas is that while at steady state cruising or is it worse while accelerating? You didn't answer any of the other questions or provide any other info so it would still be a guess. Does the car pull to one side? Is it worse or change while turning? Is it rpm dependent or speed dependent? Does it continue to get worse as you speed up and/or rpms increase or does it occur only in a small range and gets better? If you stay on the gas and push the brake pedal with your other foot does it change?

As already mentioned it is extremely tough to diagnose noises and vibrations over the internet. You'll need to make extremely detailed observation about the conditions when it occurs, what causes it to get worse or change, etc.

#28 ·
I just had a similar problem and replaced axels and Fixed my issue. Jack car up put it on cinder blocks and put it in first gear and watch and listen

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.