SRT4 Owner new from FL, misfire problem - Dodge SRT Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 01:40 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Thumbs Up SRT4 Owner new from FL, misfire problem

I am a new owner of a SRT4 which I traded for my firebird was extremely sad to let her go but I do like this SRT4 I am having an issue with a misfire on injector 2 previous owner states its an injector issue. I am happy to be part of my new family any help in the south florida part of town id be happy to have
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 08:29 AM
"Made" Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 734 Post(s)
Welcome! You can do some research about the misfire on #2 and start your own thread if those are not helpful in the Problems section.
In the meantime do a compression check on all your cylinders if not done yet, look at the plugs while at it. Pull the codes if any. Swap the injectors to see if the issue moves.
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 09:38 AM
SRTforums Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
How far south are you? I am in the fort myers area. Personally I would swap injector 2 for another and see if code moves also. If it dont its a a issue with signal to injector or a spark issue if it does then it is a faulty injector.

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 05:01 PM Thread Starter

I am in Miami area I will try to swap out all injectors
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 05:31 PM
SRTforums Member

Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norvin Tinoco View Post
I am in Miami area I will try to swap out all injectors
Welcome. Another new member! This is getting to be almost like 2003!

By swapping the injectors, Hybrid was suggesting to simply swap the injector between cylinder 2 and any other cylinder.
If the problem follows the injector from cylinder 2 to the new cylinder, then yep, it's probably a bad injector.

But first, see if there are any codes ( e.g. P202 cylinder misfire on cylinder 2).
To check for codes, cycle the ignition key on-off-on 3 times in rapid succession and the look for the code in the speedo odometer.
HybridKid likes this.

It's a pump gas street car.
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 08:10 PM Thread Starter

I rechecked the codes and it came up as a P0300 random missfire code it was the only code on there. I tried to speak to the previous owner about it with very little answers i just hope its not the harness. I was also wondering boost hits a ceiling around 5k rpm and i lose all power is there any way to get boost to 6k???
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 08:23 PM
"Made" Member

Well, you have to fix the misfire first, the PCM doesn't like that. So it can and will limit power. Random misfire does not jive with the PO telling you it is an injector issue on #2 . You will find that our PCM is pretty intelligent so if #2 is missing that badly it would tell you.
Need to post more detail symptoms, like does it idle correctly, can you feel or hear the misfires, is the RPM steady to the 5k limit you indicated? AFR readings, fuel pressure, OEM coil and wires, plug type and how old, plug gaps? Is there a tune in the car or stock?
Post your known mods and accessories too.
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 09:26 PM Thread Starter

Well here are the mods
srt4 04 Car has 112k on body motor was rebuilt at 40k miles. No grinds or pop outs. Has dcr pro series axles. Bwoody h brace with traction bars. Dsp hand held with 93 tune. Walbaro 255 fuel pump agp waste gate 3bar map tip. Full hard piping hks BOV Mopar intake. Battery in trunk Solid motor mounts. Megan racing coil overs. Stock set of rims and aftermarket set of rims God speed big front mount intercooler aem wideband Some more I'm forgetting. Turbo kit that I have is agp 50 trim and 750cc injectors Act stage 3 clutch and throwout bearing done within last 3k miles
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 06:01 AM Thread Starter

[/COLOR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridKid View Post
Well, you have to fix the misfire first, the PCM doesn't like that. So it can and will limit power. Random misfire does not jive with the PO telling you it is an injector issue on #2 . You will find that our PCM is pretty intelligent so if #2 is missing that badly it would tell you.
Need to post more detail symptoms, like does it idle correctly,yes for the most part when it comes to misfire it wontcan you feel or hear the misfires,yes rarely but it happens is the RPM steady to the 5k limit you indicated?yes it is steady on all gears AFR readings,I do see here that it iusually stays at 14.7 with the predator tune fuel pressure, OEM coil and wiresyes oem, plug type and how old, plug gaps? Is there a tune in the car or stock? predator 93 tune
Post your known mods and accessories too.
I have answered most of your questions in red
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 08:30 AM
"Made" Member

Get some new NGK 4306 plugs, gap them to .035 to start. Look at the old plugs when you take them out and see if any of them are significantly different looking than the rest. Post the pics here if they are.
Do a compression check and leakdown on all 4 cylinders and post the numbers here too.
The 93 tune from what I gather is fairly rich I think and some fine tuning is still needed. Based on the mods to the car, which we need to know and you should post, it maybe best to put the stock tune back in and start from there. Unknown history and all, you may end up chasing your tail around the coffee table.
Something is itching the back of my brain about the PO saying there is a #2 problem. Do the compression check at the very least when you change the plugs.
Also change all the fluids, transmission, brake, steering, clutch, coolant and oil. Check the handbook and on here for recommendations.
Robdee30 likes this.
post #11 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 08:55 AM Thread Starter

I will definitely get a set and get that gap correctly well I drove around yesterday and no cylinder 2 misfire just random misfire after a 120 miles of driving it happened once here are the mods again

srt4 04 Car has 112k on body motor was rebuilt at 40k miles. No grinds or pop outs. Has dcr pro series axles. Bwoody h brace with traction bars. Dsp hand held with 93 tune. Walbaro 255 fuel pump agp waste gate 3bar map tip. Full hard piping hks BOV Mopar intake. Battery in trunk Solid motor mounts. Megan racing coil overs. Stock set of rims and aftermarket set of rims God speed big front mount intercooler aem wideband Some more I'm forgetting. Turbo kit that I have is agp 50 trim and 750cc injectors Act stage 3 clutch and throwout bearing done within last 3k miles
post #12 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 09:07 AM
"Made" Member

The missing could be the coil going bad due to the heat from back there. You may want to try changing the wires and coil pack too. I recommend Mopar OEM parts and so will most people on here.
post #13 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 06:45 AM Thread Starter

Buying plugs and wires along with new ignition coil this weekend any thoughts on what else I should go for?
post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 09:13 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
aslo srt owner in Florida...trying get my motor replaced right now
post #15 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 09:43 AM
"Made" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norvin Tinoco View Post
Buying plugs and wires along with new ignition coil this weekend any thoughts on what else I should go for?
Not off the bat but check your cam sensor wiring and the wire to the noise suppressor on the driver's side back corner of the head.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode