Dodge SRT Forum banner

shift selector broken?

4K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  atroph 
#1 · (Edited)
After taking my car out for some pulls, my second gear wouldn't engage. There was no unusual noises during the pulls, the shifter just felt weak going into second. I checked my shift cables they are still intact from the shifter to the transmission. After driving around I noticed my gears were engaging a little sloppy as if I was missing a bushing on the cables. I did a quick pull and then after my 5th gear wouldn't engage. It would put me in 3rd as if I hit a wall to shift into 5th. The car has a new clutch ,throwout bearing, pivot fork, pivot ball ,slave and master cylinders with about 15k.Resivour is full of fluid. I think its the shift selector but im not 100% shure. What do you guys think?

#2 ·
UPDATE*
I removed the top cover of the transmission and everything seemed like its in good condition. The shift selector looked to be in good condition. What I did notice was that on the 5th gear shift fork the silver piece looks like a piece chipped off? Im not shure if that's normal? ive seen pics online and they look similar. But other then that I drained the transmission fluid and didn't see any metal shavings come out. I also adjusted the crossover cable and nothing changed. Im just unshure where to go from here other then removing the gear set or dropping the transmission. I would appreciate your input.
*the attached pic is one I found online but it looks exactly like mine.refer to the silver piece to see the chipped piece im talking about

Attachments

#5 · (Edited)
Pic is a thumbnail. Can't tell anything from it.

Use an image sharing site like google+, imageshack, etc.

Get the URL of your image and encapsulate it in "img" tags. Click on the sun and mountains in the top of reply box.

Code:
 Or type them yourself

[img]your_image_link_here[/img]
Then you will have something like this:

But I would venture to say that you may have some gear engagement issues with that piece damaged. Either that or you are not getting full clutch disengagement due to a work fork, pivot ball, etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.