Serious questions serious problems heads gonna explode.... - Page 4 - SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum

Go Back   SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum > SRT-4 Other Discussion > SRT Problems & Dealer Service

SrtForums.com is the premier Dodge SRT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 07:48 PM   #46 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 88421

Quote: Originally Posted by Crazyced View Post
Actually that's the TIP sensor.

Don't know why I said that, the evap solenoid is there on my jeep and for some reason I got them mixed up in my head. I guess his car is missing the TIP sensor then, unless they hid it somewhere.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:01 PM   #47 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 56385

Quote: Originally Posted by joeydub7 View Post
Hey guys no I'm not shady I went off what the previous owner told me... Now that I know I will get it all worked out myself. I appreciate all the help guys I decided to keep it that's why I just posted on here... Me and my wife are pretty upset as we got rid of a really nice truck for a 01 neon

Start by going through the entire wire harness in the engine bay and find all the loose ends (some may have sensors, some may not) and take pictures of them.
Crazyced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:07 PM   #48 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 91605

Call me please itd be easier to send pics to you in text
joeydub7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:41 AM   #49 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Ok so I found the fuel leak the return line this guy made has a corroded line running to the fuel rail as soon as i touched it fuel pissed out all over so theres that...

Next I found a bunch of clips on both sides by my fenders that have clips but nothing plugged in im thinking these could be to the fog lights by who knows...

next thing i found is what i believe is the TIP sensor it has a yellow wire running out of it but the yellow wire has been cut dont know what that is...

next up by my turbo lodged in a part of the body there is a few clips that have nothing plugged in also haha so im at a lost guys imma do more research prolly buy some vacuum line this week and start replacing all that
Old 01-17-2013, 09:17 AM   #50 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 88522

Honestly man here is the thing....rather than trying to explain the plethera of discrepencies under your hood, post by post....you REALLY need to post up in the regional section and have someone with some knowledge and a real SRT come over and drink some beer with you. Fact of the matter is this dude really F**ked you. The plus side is it probably wont take much money to get this swap cleaned up and running properly....maybe not tip top but running properly. It will take some time with a knowledgable person comparing engine bay to engine bay. I wish you lived closer to me because I probably would be over making a list for you....lol...(its the mechanic in me). I really feel for you and your wife...but mostly you because...well...women can hold a grudge like no other, I know! Anyways, my .02. Post up in the regional section....
3" Catless TBE, 3" O2 housing, AEM UEGO wideband, JMB hot/cold hardpipes, Greddy Type-S BOV, MPx 55mm Throttle Body, EBay BFMI, DCR big oil filter kit, DCR oil modifier, MSD 8.5mm wires, AEM SRI, Foward Motion WGA, 180* thermostat, Maddog STS, Stage 1 PCM, Stage 1 springs/stock struts, stock turbo on PCM boost
Bossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:26 AM   #51 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Quote: Originally Posted by Bossy View Post
Honestly man here is the thing....rather than trying to explain the plethera of discrepencies under your hood, post by post....you REALLY need to post up in the regional section and have someone with some knowledge and a real SRT come over and drink some beer with you. Fact of the matter is this dude really F**ked you. The plus side is it probably wont take much money to get this swap cleaned up and running properly....maybe not tip top but running properly. It will take some time with a knowledgable person comparing engine bay to engine bay. I wish you lived closer to me because I probably would be over making a list for you....lol...(its the mechanic in me). I really feel for you and your wife...but mostly you because...well...women can hold a grudge like no other, I know! Anyways, my .02. Post up in the regional section....

I put a regional up back in Christmas time haha no one lives near me i guess yea come shoot the shit drink some beer ill pull all nighters whatever need be to have this thing somewhere right i love the car just wanna get it on the rode might as well do some sort of wire tuck now and replace all vacuum lines and shit
Old 01-17-2013, 09:31 AM   #52 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 88522

Yeah I just looked in that section. My bad..... Unfortunatly I'm going to be all over the place until mid February, but if you don't have any headway by then I'll see what I can do to come up. Did that other guy take a look at it...the one who said he was in the area?
3" Catless TBE, 3" O2 housing, AEM UEGO wideband, JMB hot/cold hardpipes, Greddy Type-S BOV, MPx 55mm Throttle Body, EBay BFMI, DCR big oil filter kit, DCR oil modifier, MSD 8.5mm wires, AEM SRI, Foward Motion WGA, 180* thermostat, Maddog STS, Stage 1 PCM, Stage 1 springs/stock struts, stock turbo on PCM boost
Bossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:33 AM   #53 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Quote: Originally Posted by Bossy View Post
Yeah I just looked in that section. My bad..... Unfortunatly I'm going to be all over the place until mid February, but if you don't have any headway by then I'll see what I can do to come up. Did that other guy take a look at it...the one who said he was in the area?

nope no one has thats why it sits i have to have my wife wake my 17 month old son up everymonrning to take me to work been like that for a while its just upsetting haha
Old 01-17-2013, 10:13 AM   #54 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 56385

Start by taking pictures of every loose end you can find and post them up.
Crazyced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:20 AM   #55 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

I will later bro there's a shit ton up by the turbo and shit ton in fenders
Old 01-17-2013, 10:38 AM   #56 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 90013

Wow, theres some serious hackin going on in this car my friend. Who in gods earth would ever ZIP TIE A PCM down????!!! What codes are you getting? Check all grounds, especially with that kind of hacking who knows what that ass fuck did. Check firewall grounds, pcm grounds, engine main wire harness grounds. Get all locations from a respected Electrical wiring diagram. You have alot of work ahead of you my friend, but with the knowledge and experience on this site, It will run mint.
ToyoTech8811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:03 AM   #57 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

codes are listed above bro i need to find someone to come take a look in person
Old 01-17-2013, 11:40 AM   #58 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 90013

Ya i hear ya man, if i was any closer i would help you out. Don't think about it to much you'll go crazy.
ToyoTech8811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:44 AM   #59 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

yeai try not to but i worry bout everything...its hard waking my wife up then having her wake up my son to take me to work everyday so i need to get this fixed if i was only a lil more knowledgable one what i was doing id do it all alone haha
Old 01-18-2013, 12:30 PM   #60 (permalink)
Premium Member (Lifetime)

Member Number: 60369
Lifetime Premium Member

First step, start downloading:

**** SRT-4 / Neon Service Manuals ****

you need to get savvy with the pin out on the PCM and start tracking down wires. You need to fix 3 things and then get a tune on the car and itll become driveable.

You need to fix the IAC low circuit; its the harness on the throttle body, white connector. Something is wrong, could just be stuck closed. This is why the car is stalling so badly. You can remove the IAC, believe just one torx screw, wiggle it out. Clean it with brake clean, spray a little silicone spray on o-ring and spring area. If you still have code, trace the wiring back to PCM. Could be cut or spliced somewhere.

Next are the two temperature inputs, need those to have the car run right timing and fuel wise. The main one is in the up pipe, near your blow off valve. I dont see one at all, should be installed in the pipe. Again, maybe just cutoff, just laying under the hood wouldnt let it throw a code. Check the pin out diagram for wire colors.

Ambient or Inlet temp sensor is normally in the air intake pre-turbo, clearly you dont even have an intake, so its not installed, but most people just let the sensor sit in the fenderwell if they run a filter right on the turbo. Its wired near the front of the battery, again with the code prob means wires were just snipped off.

A new IAC, new temp sensors are all gonna cost under $50 to buy new from RockAuto, if you need to, then its just running wires from each to the PCM. Maybe just go ahead and do that. 16ga wire, 6 wires, run some wire loom, use the pin out diagram and get them newly run.

Last will be a tune, best if you take some closeups of the injectors, at least so the tuner has a starting point. Either way they can dial them in pretty easy from scratch, theres only so many choices and options.

GL

Last edited by 04blusrt_4; 01-18-2013 at 12:35 PM.
04blusrt_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement