Serious questions serious problems heads gonna explode.... - SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum

Go Back   SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum > SRT-4 Other Discussion > SRT Problems & Dealer Service

SrtForums.com is the premier Dodge SRT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 02:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 91605
Default Serious questions serious problems heads gonna explode....

Lets start this story, Imma be 100% honest, not going to bullshit act like i know what I'm fully talking bout. Im NEW to these cars I have not alot of experience with them. I know some stuff like the 05 trannys are the best and so forth, so i had a good offer come at me one day with no time to do research on what I was getting so i did a spontanious buy. forked out 5000 dollars for a 2005 Neon SRT4. the car looks good on the outside but OMG its giving me a headache...The cars supposevly built.

...HERES THE PARTS LIST I WAS GIVEN...
Description: I have an 05 SRT4.
Has a BOOMBA fuel rail
RC 750 Injectors
255 LPH Fuel Pump
Greddy BOV
BFMIC
Rev oversized valves
Crower Valve Springs/Retainers
Crower Stage 3 Camshafts
ARP Headstuds
ARP Rod Bolts
Mopar Crankshaft
Mopar Bearing Set
Wisco 8:8 Forged Pistons
Machined Head and Block
Mopar Gaskets
Hondata Intake Manifold Gasket
Mopar Stage 3 Clutch
17'' Black Rims with Machined Lip
Mopar Short Throw
Debadged Trunk

OK Now the car has EVERY DASH LIGHT ON supposevly due to the DSP tune on it (which is supposevly tuned to 5psi) but i didnt get a programmer which i knew was off i took his word for it when he said it dont need a programmer. Im talking battery light, ABS, CEL, BRAKE light and whatever lights are on there...

next i have a huge shake in my steering wheel at 60 miles per, yea i know take the bent wheel off the left front and put it on the back...YEA the guy didnt leave me the lug nut key to fit the lug nuts so i cant get wheels off at the moment.....

Next there is no power steering belt yea i went and bought a belt from autozone its the wrong one because THERES NO AC CONDENSER. So all i have is the crank(I believe) a middle pulley, and the PS pump to wrap a belt around...

Next There is no AC or Heat I have no Idea where to start to try to get heat back in this thing...

Next there is NO DIABLO SPORT PROGRAMMER, yea I need one ASAP haha...

Next my car starts perfect if it sits in the garage. and runs perfect. once the car sits outside in 40 degree weather for longer than 4 hours or so the car will start right up and then stall unless WOT. with that being said I need to restart the car around every corner as I try to make it home from work after it sits untill I can get it back in the garage to warm it up...

Next my BOOMBA Fuel Rail Leaks Fully under high boost or shall i say 5psi...

Next I have a open downpipe, along with all the dash lights and everything else i cant pass inspection therefor leaving me stuck on post and not being able to take my car off due to risks of not letting it back on without inspection sticker.

No need to crack on me i already know Im a idiot now i need help also my engine bay looks like a wire cluster rat nest. HELPPPP ME if you live close to FT LEE VA also come look in person I dont have alot of money to be throwing in this vehicle so lets make lists starting cheapest fixes first..
joeydub7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2013, 02:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 90636

If you have no heat that probly means your heater core isn't hooked up.that's if you even have power from your blower motor when you turn the knob
Orangeblastn-byu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 56385

I'd start by posting a shitload of pictures of the engine bay (clean it up 1st if it's dirty. Soak it up with water, then with some Simple Green then rinse after letting it sit for a minute, works great for a quick clean). A DSP would also be great (he was wrong, you need a tuner).

Seems like your wire harness is a mess.

Pull up the codes from the dash by turning the key on and off three times and post them here.

Last edited by Crazyced; 01-16-2013 at 03:09 PM.
Crazyced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Premium Member

Member Number: 76837
Premium Member

Look up a/c delete kit from modern performance that should fix that issue. as far as the programmer and shitty tune, one is it actually a srt (check vin) and second what ecu is in it. The problems with the dash lights and every thing with the tune sounds like maybe a swap car or megasquirt install. The wheel issue i would either try to track down a key, or just have someone weld nuts on them a take them off. Are you sure the wheel is bent? maybe just off balance or possibly control arm bushings. Heat make sure the blower works and the heater lines are connected. A/c well if you have no compressor then no a/c.

SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using AutoGuide.C
Old 01-16-2013, 03:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 76676

Yea before you get some real help take a bunch or pictures. Outside inside and engine bay. Take multiple close ups of sections of the engine bay. Other then that it sounds like you have a mess on your hands. With everyone on these forums experience I'm sure you can have this thing running right, if you listen everyone's advice.
ggferris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

YOU KNOW THAT BRINGS ANOTHER THING UP MY REGISTRATION SAYS 01 DODGE NEON BUT HOW POSSIBLE IS THAT REALLY WOULDNT IT BE COST EFFICIENT TO BUY REALY THING

WILL POST MORE PICS LATER
Old 01-16-2013, 04:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Old 01-16-2013, 05:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 86347

I can't tell from the photo but that looks to be a stock turbo, And if that's the case your missing a wastegate,

SCH-I510 using AutoGuide.C

99 9-3: Daily Driver

"Life is hard, it's harder when you're stupid"
" If you want to win, don't do it by a bumper.... do it by Buses "

Last edited by Ridin59vette; 01-16-2013 at 05:11 PM.
Ridin59vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 56385

Quote: Originally Posted by joeydub7 View Post

Wow, what is wrong with the overflow bottle? And the PCM is at the wrong place. You are missing pretty much all the vac lines too. You most likely have a swap.

Take more pictures of the engine bay.
Crazyced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 86347

YOU KNOW THAT BRINGS ANOTHER THING UP MY REGISTRATION SAYS 01 DODGE NEON BUT HOW POSSIBLE IS THAT REALLY WOULDNT IT BE COST EFFICIENT TO BUY REALY THING

WILL POST MORE PICS LATER

If your title says 01 it's def a swap. Upside is cheaper insurance. Once you get to the bottom of what looks to be quite a few riddles

SCH-I510 using AutoGuide.C

99 9-3: Daily Driver

"Life is hard, it's harder when you're stupid"
" If you want to win, don't do it by a bumper.... do it by Buses "

Last edited by Ridin59vette; 01-16-2013 at 05:24 PM.
Ridin59vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:32 PM   #11 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

how would a 01 body style look any where near a srt4 I have the hood the rear bumper the interior the srt4 cluster, everything
Old 01-16-2013, 05:33 PM   #12 (permalink)
Premium Member

Premium Member

Its a swap, the rad is incorrect along with the fan assembly. Which also explains your dash lights.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 90636

Don't look like any heater hoses either...sounds like that dude dropped a turd In your lap
Orangeblastn-byu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:34 PM   #14 (permalink)
Premium Member

Premium Member

how would a 01 body style look any where near a srt4 I have the hood the rear bumper the interior the srt4 cluster, everything

Same shell everything bolts right up, with the exception of the intercooler. I'm sure if you check you will find a hacked up core support.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:36 PM   #15 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

so what would be the point of swapping is my question everything is swapped to what i can see...I dont know what a rad is. also how cna i get these dash lights off then...

please helppp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement