Dodge SRT Forum banner

problem starting after doing headgasket. !vid inside!

1K views 24 replies 5 participants last post by  boostincrohns 
#1 ·
Watch "Srt4 bad start up" on YouTube
Srt4 bad start up: Srt4 bad start up - YouTube

So this is the problem I'm having after installing a new head gasket and head. . Not sure what the problem is. I primed the engine before starting to get oil in the turbo and what not. I did this with the the fuel pump fuse removed. Then plugged it in. Turned the key to the on position 3 times and I could hear the fuel pump turn on. Attempted to turn the car on and this happend... if I turn the car on and tap on the gas pedal the car will stay on,but once I let go the car dies. If I attempt to turn the car on it doesn't sputter or anything the r.p.m barley hit 1k and it dies. Not sure what it is. It took me about a week to finish the car. Only have a couple hrs a day to work on it. I was sure to set the timing correctly. The two notches we lined up perfectly. Don't think the timing bad because when I rev it it doesn't sound out of time. . I thinking the fuel pump is maybe taking a dump. It still the stock one and I have 144k on the car. And I'm the original owner. So I know what's been done and what hasnt.

Mods :2005 acr
Full stg 2
3in O2
3in dp with cat
exhaust mani with elbow mod.
Hks bov ,hot and cold ic pipe
Dsp

See less See more
#20 ·
You said you lined up the notches but be aware that there are 2 notches on each cam gear. Make sure that the arrows on both gears are pointing up. Don't blow off my advice because i did it myself and so have others on the forumn. :lol:

#23 ·
ok

So I rechecked everything. Seems ok. But I was able to pull codes today.I got 0508. When I have everything off I cleaned it because it was so dirty. Maybe they got wet in the process. They sat for a good 3 days b4 it was ever plugged in again. Maybe the two sensor on the tb are bad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.