p0517 - Dodge SRT Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-26-2003, 11:30 PM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member
 
JpiZz0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Y-Town, NY
Posts: 1,251
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
p0517

p0517- battery temp sensor high


what does that mean and how did my temperature of my battery go high? no cel but when i ran the diagnostic (turn key 3 x's) it came on....any help would be appreciated


thanx

jp

SRToc member #304
sold...but not forgotten.
JpiZz0 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-27-2003, 01:02 AM
SRTforums Member
 
Stealth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Yonkers, NY
Posts: 3,679
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You probably left it unplugged
Stealth is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-27-2003, 01:48 AM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member
 
JpiZz0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Y-Town, NY
Posts: 1,251
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
gay??

SRToc member #304
sold...but not forgotten.
JpiZz0 is offline  
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-27-2003, 02:01 AM
SRTforums Member
 
Stealth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Yonkers, NY
Posts: 3,679
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
lol
Stealth is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-24-2004, 04:28 PM
SRTforums Member
 
Pagman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: S. Cali
Posts: 415
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Originally posted by jPsVteC:
Quote:
p0517- battery temp sensor high

what does that mean and how did my temperature of my battery go high? no cel but when i ran the diagnostic (turn key 3 x's) it came on....any help would be appreciated
Did you get it fix? What was the problem? Mine came on today. It's hot today in S. Cal. I turned on the AC right after I turned on the ignition. I drove around for about ten minutes when I got home, I turned the key 3x just like you did and there....P0517. I didn't even touch the batterry temp sensor. What the hell is going on.
Pagman is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-25-2004, 01:24 AM
SRTforums Member
 
Stealth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Yonkers, NY
Posts: 3,679
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagman
Originally posted by jPsVteC:


Did you get it fix? What was the problem? Mine came on today. It's hot today in S. Cal. I turned on the AC right after I turned on the ignition. I drove around for about ten minutes when I got home, I turned the key 3x just like you did and there....P0517. I didn't even touch the batterry temp sensor. What the hell is going on.
He left that shit unplugged.

Your battary might of just been really hot and tripped the sensor.
Make sure it's tight.
Stealth is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-31-2004, 10:34 PM
SRTforums Member
 
Methodnike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Northern KY
Posts: 663
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth
He left that shit unplugged.

Your battary might of just been really hot and tripped the sensor.
Make sure it's tight.
I just had this problem, did a search and found that thread.

I reconnected the thing and the code still pops
Methodnike is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-31-2004, 11:22 PM
SRTforums Member
 
Rice-a-roni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,392
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think there's a tsb for this. I work for dodge and checked it. I'm not sure if this is the code take it to your dealer.

Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own buddy list.
Rice-a-roni is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-02-2004, 08:06 AM
SRTforums Member
 
04srt4silver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,971
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i justgot this today what do i do
04srt4silver is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome