Need Help! P0016-CRANKSHAFT/CAMSHAFT TIMING MISALIGNMENT - SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum

Go Back   SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum > SRT-4 Other Discussion > SRT Problems & Dealer Service

SrtForums.com is the premier Dodge SRT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2008, 08:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 55546
Default Need Help! P0016-CRANKSHAFT/CAMSHAFT TIMING MISALIGNMENT

About a week ago my TPS Harness went bad, so I ordered the Repair Kit and a few days before I got it in the mail my car threw the code P0016-CRANKSHAFT/CAMSHAFT TIMING MISALIGNMENT. I cant rev past 2200-2300 RPM's without it misfiring. I have researched this on here to find a few people have had the same code. I bought a new Camshaft Sensor today and installed it but still the same code P0016 and misfire at 2200-2300 RPM's.I also put the TPS Repair Kit on which I know wasn't the problem but it works fine just to add that in. Anyone else had this problem? I guess I'm off tomorrow to get a crankshaft sensor to try that.
joseph_camron_price is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2008, 10:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 25856

wow the revs might be cause it's in "gimp" mode. It relizes the car is not monitoring/running right. Does the check engine light stay on or does it come on for a bit and go away? If it stays on them check your crank sensor. If it goes away it may be plugs wires gone really bad. When the car misfires bad it will think the car is out of time and throw the code but go away. I had this happen to me. I may have thrown that code but never stayed on.
Old 03-28-2008, 10:51 AM   #3 (permalink)
User Banned

Member Number: 58932

have you tried cranking your car for a long period of time w/o the car actually starting over... ?
DRASTIC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 11:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 41738

Try replacing the crank sensor. If that does not fix and you throw the same code you may have signal interference, in that case your chasing wires.
Will the stumble and code set when reving in neutral? or only when driving?
Srtsi4wd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 11:23 AM   #5 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Make sure you have a good 5V reference voltage on the K7/20 OR wire terminal. The CKP and the CMP get this voltage from the same source wire at the PCM. Also check that you have a good ground through the K4/20 BK/LB wire terminal. These sensors share a ground too.
Old 03-29-2008, 12:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

i think ive narrowed it down to the crank sensor which i will be putting on soon. ill let everyone know..thanks to all replies
Old 04-06-2008, 12:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Well, I just now got around to putting on a new crankshaft position sensor (PITA) and it is still throwing the same code P0016. I don't know what else to do. Im going to put a new coil pack on since a member on here done that when he threw the same code and it fixed it. Other then that im lost...anyone else have this problem?
Old 04-06-2008, 09:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
Premium Member (Lifetime)

Member Number: 14893
Lifetime Premium Member
Default Help

So I just read this through just want to make shure I am umderstanding The problem correct. So after a tps wire repair you started getting p0016 The cam and crank sensor are on the same circut and are replaced in pairs a lot.
Have u checked your timing?
Do you have a DRB-III?
Have you ever messed with your timing?
DCR AUTO TRANNY

DAILY DRIVER
DCR Option A
DCR Strap Kit
DCR Oil System
Ported Head w/ CRANE 12's
DCR Mighty Mouse setup w/BWS 18g
Diablo Sport
SILVERFLASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 10:00 PM   #9 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Quote: Originally Posted by SILVERFLASH View Post
So I just read this through just want to make shure I am umderstanding The problem correct. So after a tps wire repair you started getting p0016 The cam and crank sensor are on the same circut and are replaced in pairs a lot.
Have u checked your timing?
Do you have a DRB-III?
Have you ever messed with your timing?

No, it threw the code a few days before i done the rewire, and i havent done anything to mess the timing up. I'll be checking the timing after i try the cam magnet install since i havent replaced that.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
Premium Member (Lifetime)

Member Number: 14893
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote: Originally Posted by joseph_camron_price View Post
No, it threw the code a few days before i done the rewire, and i havent done anything to mess the timing up. I'll be checking the timing after i try the cam magnet install since i havent replaced that.

Cool it prob will not fix it the cam magnets vary rarely go bad. You really need to check the timing. How many miles are on the car?
DCR AUTO TRANNY

DAILY DRIVER
DCR Option A
DCR Strap Kit
DCR Oil System
Ported Head w/ CRANE 12's
DCR Mighty Mouse setup w/BWS 18g
Diablo Sport
SILVERFLASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 10:50 PM   #11 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 43017

tensioners to go bad on these cars and will cause the cars timing belt to slip. causing the car to 1 not start 2 start and lope really hard or 3 start and the idle is all fucked up going between 500-2000 rpms. i helped fix a tensioner that made the car 70 degrees off about 8 teeth or so. also after 75k it is reccomended to replace the timing belt. i would replace the tensioner too if this fixes your problem. the intake should be 1/2 tooth above the exhaust cam when the oil/timing gear is at TDC matching with the arrow on the pump. if not timing is off and causing a timing missalignment code.i would try a known good coil pack with wires to make sure your still pulling the timing code its faster and easier to diagnose instead of pulling the passenger side of your motor off to replace a timing belt.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 43017

yea another note if you have aftermarket cams like crane's make sure the magnet is in the right position or the car will not idle correctly. friend tried to help me and did that to my crane's scared the crap out of me.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:44 AM   #13 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor (Gold)

Member Number: 35031

If you find that it has jumped timing we have the DCR billet tensioners in stock. This eliminates the problem of the factory tensioner slipping for good.

Later
Darrell
Complete Engines, DCR Strokers & Engine Kits, #1 In SRT4 Cylinder Heads!, DCR Turbo Kits & Intakes. Best Auto & 5speed Trans. Performance Parts..
darrell@dcrsrt.com
paypal addy; darrellcoxracing@yahoo.com
Home Of The Fastest SRT4s & The Red Sled 8.84et @169 Mph & The Leaders In SRT4 Performance!
shop at DCRSRT.com and check us out on our new website BoostAnatomy.com also Darrell Cox Racing on facebook
darrell cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 04:07 PM   #14 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Any luck fixing this yet?

Have you checked the wiring?
Old 04-12-2008, 08:47 PM   #15 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Nope, no fix yet.....i know it the timing...just ordered a new belt and heading to dcr in the next 2 weeks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement