HELP! Car won't start - Page 2 - SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum

Go Back   SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum > SRT-4 Other Discussion > SRT Problems & Dealer Service

SrtForums.com is the premier Dodge SRT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 08:43 AM   #16 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 79546

ok. I just have to wait for the people behind to move their vehicles so I can get mine into a flat parking spot. right now it's on an incline. I'm thinking maybe the fuse from my rewire went bad. I mean it has been about 9 degrees out here for awhile, and during the day the roads are wet from melting snow, but at night it all freezes again. And these are the times that I have to go to work and what not.
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2013, 09:21 AM   #17 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 88522

My guess would be FPR/Filter. Maybe pull it out, let it warm up a bit, re-install, and try again?
3" Catless TBE, 3" O2 housing, AEM UEGO wideband, JMB hot/cold hardpipes, Greddy Type-S BOV, MPx 55mm Throttle Body, EBay BFMI, DCR big oil filter kit, DCR oil modifier, MSD 8.5mm wires, AEM SRI, Foward Motion WGA, 180* thermostat, Maddog STS, Stage 1 PCM, Stage 1 springs/stock struts, stock turbo on PCM boost
Bossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:25 AM   #18 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Blown fuse= No power= No pump. You said you can here your pump prime.
3" Catless TBE, 3" O2 housing, AEM UEGO wideband, JMB hot/cold hardpipes, Greddy Type-S BOV, MPx 55mm Throttle Body, EBay BFMI, DCR big oil filter kit, DCR oil modifier, MSD 8.5mm wires, AEM SRI, Foward Motion WGA, 180* thermostat, Maddog STS, Stage 1 PCM, Stage 1 springs/stock struts, stock turbo on PCM boost
Old 01-16-2013, 09:33 AM   #19 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 3797

Until you check fuel pressure, you are wasting your time.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:37 AM   #20 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 79647

Quote: Originally Posted by Bossy View Post
Blown fuse= No power= No pump. You said you can here your pump prime.

This has to be the pressure

*ALEX* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:39 AM   #21 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 3797

Oh yeah. Does it have enough fuel? Sometimes a weak pump will come back alive enough to start and run with more gas in the tank.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:06 PM   #22 (permalink)
Premium Member

Member Number: 84392
Premium Member

i had an issue like this like 2 months ago I stopped at advance auto parts and then when I came back think start. the battery was fine coils and wires where too. try to jump started and nothing. So i took the risk and bought another battery and it finnaly started. took the old battery to get checked if it was good or not and it was good the guy at the auto parts said that it may have been that the pcm needed a reset for some reason. finally put the old battery back in and started up fine. so disconnect the battery maybe it'll start.

PTE 5831 turbo kit,Needswing electric cutout,Agp hard pipes,Hks bov, Agp intake, Agp Motor Mounts, Agp tranny mount,BFMI, WOT box, DSP, AEM wideband
MORE TO COME

Last edited by 2004-srt4; 01-16-2013 at 02:11 PM.
2004-srt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:06 PM   #23 (permalink)
Premium Member

Member Number: 90456
Premium Member

im having almost the same problem, thing is mine will start sometimes... it turns over like a champ but it just doesnt fire sometimes
csteffl525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:39 PM   #24 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Quote: Originally Posted by csteffl525 View Post
im having almost the same problem, thing is mine will start sometimes... it turns over like a champ but it just doesnt fire sometimes

Cam position sensor/magnet, fuel pressure regulator/filter, coil, plugs.....take your pick.
Old 01-19-2013, 03:28 AM   #25 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 76855

I just dealt with a similar problem I could faintly hear my fuel pump turn on, but when i would check my fuel pressure ( At the end of youre fuel rail theres a small pressure fitting with youre key in the on position press the tab in with a small screw driver or w/e fuel should gush out) I wouldn't have any it turned out too be my fuel pump rewire relay but yeah Fuel/spark/compression is all it takes to run an engine also a good way to check you're spark is too remove you're spark plug attach it too a spark plug wire and crank you're engine if you see Sparks you're obviously getting spark I would recommend checking spark before checking fuel pressure lol.

Last edited by 4ast4orward; 01-19-2013 at 03:32 AM.
4ast4orward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:31 AM   #26 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 79546
Default HELP! Car won't start

Thanks for all the help everyone. It turned out to be the power wire for my fuel pump rewire was seating right and wasn't making a good connection. It's all fixed now and running good! Thanks again everyone

Advertisement