• 2 Post By HybridKid
  • 1 Post By HybridKid

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 11:51 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Car wont crank over and turn on

Ok so driving down highway for a good 30 min exit highway car started getting hot and shut off white smoke coming thru exaust pipes i try to turn on no dice i know head gasket blown so need that and let me add ehen on highway on 5th gear i noticed my foot on gas pedal was all the way down and wasnt catching speed so a few times had to drop to fourth to pick back up speed then back to 5th to continue on but still foot was way lower then supposed to b especially at a low rate of speed ok so pushcar to my house try to turn on but nothing u can hear starter moving i know i have spark frim plugs because of backfiring coming from exhaust and i somewhat know if gas is passing thru because i took spark plugs out n they smell like gas ok so i have no codes coming out out so i know its a ignition problem but any ideas were to start plz get back with me on this 2 months ago working great now baaam.....it just seems to me the car is not getting that extra push to turn on n battery brand new help plz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 06:42 AM
"Made" Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 815 Post(s)
Driving around with a blown headgasket has probably caused more problems than just replacing the gasket. No telling what has happened until you tear it apart and rebuild. While coming apart I would inspect everything in the engine bay and on the engine.
Slowryd and Robdee30 like this.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 01:04 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ok bud i know the head gasket is blown now guna need ur help a little here tell me if im wrong u think i should do a compresion test first or just start opening up this bad b****and start looking for what exactly i might sound dumb asking this but i just wanna know how to do it the right way i do know my way around this engine somewat from previos post work so ive been under her skirt and on top removing a few things from here to there so if u can give me a basic layout of wat it is im looking for when i start removing valve cover im leaning a little towards to resurfacing but if all i have to do is replace head gasket will that crank my car over so plz help

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 07:13 AM
"Made" Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 815 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.quintero785 View Post
Ok bud i know the head gasket is blown now guna need ur help a little here tell me if im wrong u think i should do a compresion test first or just start opening up this bad b****and start looking for what exactly i might sound dumb asking this but i just wanna know how to do it the right way i do know my way around this engine somewat from previos post work so ive been under her skirt and on top removing a few things from here to there so if u can give me a basic layout of wat it is im looking for when i start removing valve cover im leaning a little towards to resurfacing but if all i have to do is replace head gasket will that crank my car over so plz help
Well one good thing, the gasket is blown in a place that is not allowing water into the crankcase or cylinder it looks like. Assuming there is no coolant in the oil or cylinders.
We all know it comes down to how much you have to spend when something like this happens. With that said though, do it right or you will be doing it again.
The damage super hot cylinder gases causes varies in how bad the gasket was breached. Gouges/Channels in the aluminum head can be too deep to even resurface, gases escaping outside to the engine bay can melt things.
Just think of it like taking an acetylene torch to anything.
So basically you Have to take the engine out and have a competent engine builder go through it. But it doesn't end there, since the engine is out other things needs to be check and/or changed; water pump, timing belt pulley, tensioner, belt, oil pump, clutch, TOB and fork etc.
These cars are no longer new and if you want to keep it and drive it for any length of time, unfortunately money and time will have to be spent.
Robdee30 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode