N2MB WOT Box Install Issues - Dodge SRT Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-15-2013, 04:30 PM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
N2MB WOT Box Install Issues

So i took my car to a shop to have my WOT box installed today and i gave them everything included plus instructions. Well i go and pick it up and it isnt working for some reason. They give you advice on how to trouble shoot but when the car is off (key on) the LED in the box never comes on. When the car is on the LED just stays lit all the time. When i turn the key to the on position the LED will come on and then turn off in 20 seconds maybe. I lowered the rpm where the 2step is supposed to happen at and that seemed to go well but when i went to test everything with the car on no 2 step or wot shift. I checked all of the shops work and they followed the instructions exactly so im pretty confused. I'm going to send N2MB an email but does anyone have any suggestions on here?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-15-2013, 04:44 PM
SRTforums Member

Check the clutch switch wire.

MODS: garret 60-1 trim kit Tial wastegate ATP o2 and manifold ,boost box,return line, AEM CAI, wally 255, innovative motor sports wideband, dusters injectors, Godspeed BFMIC, tuned by duster360 for gas and e-85
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-15-2013, 05:01 PM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member

I looked and they definitely soldered the green wire down there but I didn't peel all of the tape off or anything. Does the clutch wire have anything to do with the 2step though? Because that didn't work in the first place
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-15-2013, 06:17 PM
SRTforums Member

im not the best at wiring things, but when i want something ill tackle the job my self. i used the instructions on the n2mb website. it took me like 40 mins for the wiring and everything works fine. when you set 2 step, make sure the clutch is pushed down, WOT is set withour pushing the clutch. the two wires the might me confused are the red and black wire.
they both run to the same wire on the c101 connector. the red wire runs to the harness clip and the black one runs to the coils.

look this over and then look over the wiring.

https://78462f86-a-8d8d997f-s-sites....attredirects=0
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-15-2013, 07:01 PM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member

I appreciate the help...I think I have this figured out though thanks to some awesome customer service!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-15-2013, 07:32 PM
SRTforums Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrettsrt4 View Post
I looked and they definitely soldered the green wire down there but I didn't peel all of the tape off or anything. Does the clutch wire have anything to do with the 2step though? Because that didn't work in the first place
Yes but also to do two step you have to have the clutch pedal all the way down. Then you have to push down the gas pedal fast and all the way to the floor to activate it.

MODS: garret 60-1 trim kit Tial wastegate ATP o2 and manifold ,boost box,return line, AEM CAI, wally 255, innovative motor sports wideband, dusters injectors, Godspeed BFMIC, tuned by duster360 for gas and e-85
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-15-2013, 07:49 PM
SRTforums Member

I don't have to go all the way down to get my 2step to work it is like a little more then half. I adjust my pettle so that is very first spot where I don't feel the clutch so when i launch I don't have to drop the clutch with a lot of slack on the clutch and worry about the input shaft.

05 flame red
bw Stage 3 47lb 20g By Mole'

daily driven
E85
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-15-2013, 08:12 PM
HTG
SRTforums Member

not bashing you or anything, but if you would have installed it yourself you probably wouldnt have had an issue and could have saved some cash

glad to hear you got it figured out though..

PTE 5431 on 26 psi tuned by Eric Raymond at Integrated Auto!
387/381 on pump
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-15-2013, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTG View Post
not bashing you or anything, but if you would have installed it yourself you probably wouldnt have had an issue and could have saved some cash

glad to hear you got it figured out though..
Yeah you are right...I probably should have just done it myself but it was free at the shop so I just figured why not. Haha
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 05:15 AM
HTG
SRTforums Member

Quote:
Yeah you are right...I probably should have just done it myself but it was free at the shop so I just figured why not. Haha
well that i didnt know. haha

PTE 5431 on 26 psi tuned by Eric Raymond at Integrated Auto!
387/381 on pump
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 05:55 AM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member

Yeah it's a pretty sweet deal hah i just have to refer people to his shop and i get some parts at cost and free installs on anything thats not too tough.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 07:09 AM
SRTforums Member

Please email support@n2mb.com

Thanks,
Jon
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-10-2013, 11:43 PM
SRTforums Member

[QUOTE=Lieske;9747616]im not the best at wiring things, but when i want something ill tackle the job my self. i used the instructions on the n2mb website. it took me like 40 mins for the wiring and everything works fine. when you set 2 step, make sure the clutch is pushed down, WOT is set withour pushing the clutch. the two wires the might me confused are the red and black wire.
they both run to the same wire on the c101 connector. the red wire runs to the harness clip and the black one runs to the coils.

look this over and then look over the wiring.

hey i can use some help i just installed the wotbox and i did the troubleshoot and its getting my clutch signal and my tps signal how it should but 2 step still not workiing, im confused cause you said red wire to the harness clip and black to coils, isnt the red wire going to the clip going to the coils? and the black wire away from the clip and away from the coils? per n2mb instructions thats how i read it but if im wrong correct me so i can get this thing working please!

i soldered all connections and double checked the instructions but any input will help thanks guys

-'90 gsx awd build in the works
-'02 neon srt swap
(Old setup)
445whp 439wtq
50 trim .63ar
e85. ↓

(New setup)
Tubular mani, tial gate, s256
Vband exhaust, e85, walbro 400
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-11-2013, 12:30 AM
Premium Member (Lifetime)

Quote:
I appreciate the help...I think I have this figured out though thanks to some awesome customer service!
So what was the issue?

Fixed now?

AGP 50 Trim .48 A/R, Turbo666 DSP Tuned, DW 750 Injectors, Ported Intake w/ LFS 60mm, AGP Big FMIC, Crane #14 Cams & Cam Gears, ED 3" Exhaust w/ Ported Exhaust Housing/Manifold, Screamin Demon Coil, MSD Wires, DCR Oil Modifier, Perrin Fuel Rail, Walbro 255, AGP Returnline w/ Bottleneck fix and Fuel Pump Rewire, HKS SSQV, Tial 38mm WG, PTP Mandrel Hot Side, Greddy Profec e01.

Click to See my SRT
Click to see my Avenger
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode