Dodge SRT Forum banner

WOT box issue

11K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  underSRTarmor 
#1 ·
I installed a WOT box with two stage launch in my 04 srt4 awhile ago and it was working perfectly until just recently... when I am just driving normal or fast its running 100% but when I try and use the launch control feature thats when I have problems. It keeps putting it into limp mode so it backfires and doesnt rev over 4k. its an off and on problem it sometimes makes the check engine light flash then goes away or sometimes solid which then makes me need to reset the ecu and runs perfect again. I actually did a launch the other day with no issues... what could possibly cause this. p.s my car is pretty highly modded but stock turbo, dyno tune soon to come

#2 ·
you can rewire the red and black paired wires to cut just ignition alone

take them off the c101 connector and resplice that wire together then near the coil take the power wire ?green/orange asd circuit and cut it a few inches back from the coil . connect the red to the side going towards the harness side and hook the black to the side going towards the coil

#6 ·
What rpm is your 2-step set for ?

The ECU sees the 2-step as a misfire if it occurs below a certain rpm . If the misfire count gets to a certain value it will throw a code , beyond that it may be going into limp-mode .

My tires can't utilize the 2-step because of this , I can't lower rpm low enough to maintain traction without it confusing my ECU .

I have it hooked up to kill both fuel & ignition , btw , I've never tried the alternative .

#12 ·
I'm having this same problem, I set my WOTbox at 2200rpm and it made launching pretty easy, but as of late its setting my car in limp mode and won't rev over 4000rpm. It didn't do this at the 4500rpm stock setting, anyone know the cutoff for sure? I have a feeling I would just boil tires if I launched much higer than the 2200 its set at.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.