Dodge SRT Forum banner

Wideband FAILSAFE Gauge

31K views 195 replies 31 participants last post by  ziggo0 
#1 · (Edited)
AEM Performance Electronics Wideband Air Fuel Failsafe Gauge - Wideband O2 UEGO, Water/Methanol, Stand Alone Engine Management, Piggyback F/IC, Tru Boost Controller, Gauges, Automotive Performance Electronics
ill post all my info here so you dont have to scroll thru the whole thread....

so the mail hasnt past since thrusday, i was suppose get get my tach adapter. but its ok
here is alil screen shot of the data viewer.....
first picture are seperate rpm(zero out) boost and afr,
second photo they are together.... either way is ez to do...

in the picture above(both as they the same log just different views) i 2 stepped you can see the boost raise to about 5 psi and the afr go lean....... havent done any road logs yet i want to get the rpm working first

Rpm working. No tach driver needed

here are some videos of my aem afr fs

Final video with all working

i also attached the picture incase you wanna view them bigger...

Oscilloscope Text Technology Electronic device Font

Oscilloscope Text Technology Electronic device Font

Text Font Technology Screenshot Multimedia software

Follow this to hook up the WB part.
http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2883954

1 to kill the engine you will have to cut the green wire going to ignition coil, and put it on a relay and make the kill switch activate the relay to cut spark.(better yet cut the wire going into the 101 plug that will kill spark and fuel..)

coil fused positive
coil FS grd(send grnd to kill)
NO leave open
NC green wire to igniton
COM grn wire coming from pcm

2 to cut boost and using a mbc sorry you cant(well you can ill do a diagram on how to)

for this you wouldnt need to T into the line going to the bc from turbo in to a solenoid
then on the boost line leavin the bc you want to put a check valve to only allow boost to go toward the wg
then you T into the line after the cv closer to the wg.
now the two lines you just T need to go into a soleniod(can be stock one thats not being used.. but if you use that you will nee to cap the NC ling and run the other two lines to the normall open line)
then hook ones side the coil to postive(ignition on) the other side to the FS (send ground to kill)

what this will do is bi pass the bc if lean or rich condition happens and only allow wg boost.. ill draw it....(give me time)

to cut boost and using pcm boost you will need a resistor and a relay.

3 to cut boost using a e boost controller the easiest way...

if you boost controller uses the positive to open and close the solenoid just remove the ground and use the AEM FS kill wire. check the ohms of the solenoid must be less than 1.5 amp
to find amps volt/ohms = amp 13.8volt / 33 ohms = .49 amps

if not well. you a relay to cut the ground going to it....

See less See more
3 7
#3 ·
Been waiting for this come up. I have been wanting more info on these.

#4 ·
looks like some good stuff, it has an out put that you could tie into you boost controler to cut boot if a lean condition exits at wot, and you can data log with it rpm boost and afr etc.....

#13 ·
I was debating on switching widebands and getting either an AEM UEgo or this

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

#22 ·
Yeah its nice, but I dont see it really helping. I mean if you have to keep monitoring your wideband or to rely on a gauge to shut you down to make sure you are not lean, then you are running way to extreme of a tune or not trusting your tuner/set up.

A good example would be JT's car. Unfortunately the motor blew up on the dyno during Nigels FTW tuning when a injector swelled shut. BUT the wideband read rich. Never had a lean spot. So motors can still fail even with a rich AFR. Having this gauge wouldnt have helped.

Its nice. Its cool that it could help, but it may not be able to help in time is the problem.

#23 · (Edited)
your wrong 100% he told on him self. he said IT KEEP GOING LEAN WE HAD TO ADD FUEL EVERY TIME....
It did keep leaning out on us...Nigel had to add fuel all the time.:readclose On the pull where it popped af was high 10s but measuring af as a whole and not by individual cylinders prevented us from seeing the issue specifically on #3.

not runing my car lean, im actual got some good advice to tune my car at 11.9ish.. its a failsafe if jt and nigel would of set back and thought about what was going on they might could of caught this. not taking anything away from either of them, mistakes happen....

notice i didnt put tunerlover on the list...:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::hi:

parts fail, a bad injector or busted FPR or clogged pump all this stuff could cause issues...i rather catch it in time so it dont blow the motor. the slower your car is the more time you have to look at your gauges while racing. (not saying my car is fast) but its faster than some, i dont have time to look at attention to 10 different things.. so this guage can do it for me....

#25 · (Edited)
^^ and u call ur self a tuner. Haha.

It was rich bc the other 3 cyl were getting to much fuel

I wanted to see their opinion. I already got urs. (If you only new.) haha

U dont know when the injector failed. It might I'd still sprayed some just less than the others.
Could of been failing the hole time.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

#28 ·
Turbo666 said:
Every dyno pull is logged. The knock sensor is still active and showed no signs of knock. The afr's where very low 11's, high 10's (as suggested). The H/G actually still looks good. But we are measuring afr's in the exhaust as a whole, so if there was a issue and no KR is evident then you are too assume everything is working properly. (I've started tuning cars before and you could tell there was a issue even though everything looked okay and backed off to trouble shoot to find a faulty injector/wiring/etc). Obviously until something happens like this. It was on less timing then when it was on C16 even. So we weren't even pushing it as hard as it had been.

It's unfortunate but things like this happen. That's a chance we all take. With the FTW swelling the injectors one could have swollen up substantially more even. It's hard to say. The injectors will be sent to FIC to be checked.
Again, youre being a dick for no reason dude. I provided a good example of how this gauge wouldnt do anything and you just blew up on me.

#34 ·
i actually find it informative, i just read and soak in the information..leave out the other stuff.

back on topic- wb looks to be a good buy. id like to see some of the feedback from someone on the community on here....my wb now doesn't data log i use the dsp

#36 · (Edited)
This gauge wouldn't have helped. Only thing that would have helped us is individual cylinder/runner sensors...which is something I'm going to drop the dollars for.

The injectors kept leaning out cause they were going through the swell process. The car adjusts fuel based off just one sensor which incorporates all four cylinders it didn't know the number three injector was closing shut either so It added more fuel across the board which "compensated" and maintained high 10s during the dyno pull which in actuality was doing nothing to help cylinders three's lean condition.

#38 · (Edited)
Did you not go thru the process FTW required before you started doing wot?

This gauge isn't perfect. Didn't say it was. But I could help out. The data logging is the main reason I'm getting it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.