Dodge SRT Forum banner

Wideband FAILSAFE Gauge

31K views 195 replies 31 participants last post by  ziggo0 
#1 · (Edited)
AEM Performance Electronics Wideband Air Fuel Failsafe Gauge - Wideband O2 UEGO, Water/Methanol, Stand Alone Engine Management, Piggyback F/IC, Tru Boost Controller, Gauges, Automotive Performance Electronics
ill post all my info here so you dont have to scroll thru the whole thread....

so the mail hasnt past since thrusday, i was suppose get get my tach adapter. but its ok
here is alil screen shot of the data viewer.....
first picture are seperate rpm(zero out) boost and afr,
second photo they are together.... either way is ez to do...

in the picture above(both as they the same log just different views) i 2 stepped you can see the boost raise to about 5 psi and the afr go lean....... havent done any road logs yet i want to get the rpm working first

Rpm working. No tach driver needed

here are some videos of my aem afr fs

Final video with all working

i also attached the picture incase you wanna view them bigger...

Oscilloscope Text Technology Electronic device Font

Oscilloscope Text Technology Electronic device Font

Text Font Technology Screenshot Multimedia software

Follow this to hook up the WB part.
http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2883954

1 to kill the engine you will have to cut the green wire going to ignition coil, and put it on a relay and make the kill switch activate the relay to cut spark.(better yet cut the wire going into the 101 plug that will kill spark and fuel..)

coil fused positive
coil FS grd(send grnd to kill)
NO leave open
NC green wire to igniton
COM grn wire coming from pcm

2 to cut boost and using a mbc sorry you cant(well you can ill do a diagram on how to)

for this you wouldnt need to T into the line going to the bc from turbo in to a solenoid
then on the boost line leavin the bc you want to put a check valve to only allow boost to go toward the wg
then you T into the line after the cv closer to the wg.
now the two lines you just T need to go into a soleniod(can be stock one thats not being used.. but if you use that you will nee to cap the NC ling and run the other two lines to the normall open line)
then hook ones side the coil to postive(ignition on) the other side to the FS (send ground to kill)

what this will do is bi pass the bc if lean or rich condition happens and only allow wg boost.. ill draw it....(give me time)

to cut boost and using pcm boost you will need a resistor and a relay.

3 to cut boost using a e boost controller the easiest way...

if you boost controller uses the positive to open and close the solenoid just remove the ground and use the AEM FS kill wire. check the ohms of the solenoid must be less than 1.5 amp
to find amps volt/ohms = amp 13.8volt / 33 ohms = .49 amps

if not well. you a relay to cut the ground going to it....

See less See more
3 7
#42 ·
Thing is if it kept going lean. Should y'all have checked injectors?

Like tuner said there should be a point where is done swelling right?

I've never used FTW and prob never will will stick with e85 and c16

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

#47 ·
The injectors were constantly swelling...we didn't go all out. The car was on the dyno for over two hours with Nigel doing partial-pulls. As soon as the a/f would display a value that wasn't where we wanted it to be he would let off the throttle.

I know you're not trying to be smart or an ass but it really does seem like you're trying to chalk up my injector failure on negligence. I can assure you that was not the case. On the last couple pulls that were done before cylinder three popped a/f readings were healthy right where we wanted them.

#48 ·
Just asked simple question. I trust Nigel. Thing is what if every time it went lean was bc that one cylinder. And adding fuel did nothing for that cylinder but only added extra fuel to the other 3 and adding so much at the AFr was rich with one cyl real lean.

If you read my post I said I was taking Nothing away from yall i just said mistakes happen.

#49 ·
What I mean is let's call 12.0 AFr 100% accurate fuel AFr.

If
1 was at 130%
2 was at 130%
3 was at 50%
4 was at 130%

(Again number are not scaled)

This would of giving you a rich overall AFr.

#56 ·
Thanks.

Ya just 4 wires we need

Pos
Neg
Rpm
And failsafe output.

The rest are

Map output 0-5 v
Boost output
Dimmer
One more can't remember ha didn't use it

#59 ·
Is a ground on or off

I'm gonna use ground off and use it on the ground side of the boost solenoid.

I just need to figure out what load the solenoid uses. I'm sure it's less than 1.5. That's all the gauge can do. If not ill have to use a relay.

#63 ·
Better yet...try to figure out how to output the new four channel aem a/f module to four different individual gauges...which is what I'm currently racking my brain over.

#65 ·
I want to be able to run that, with the manifold pressure sensor adjustment...with sensors in each individual manifold runner before the turbo and have it output to four individual gauges that I can quick reference.

Aside from using a laptop I don't see any way that it could be done because there are no cheap, simple, analog voltage slope programmable gauges available.

#74 ·
Ideally I would want to be able to use something like the hacker/tweaker zeitronix boards but I know that's probably outta the question

Car is getting there. Not wasting any time on getting everything ordered and off to the machine shop :)

#75 · (Edited)
My friend does this.

He is making a sick board with 18 input/ outputs.

He does programming and it writing all the programming himself.

Jt pm ur cell and ill send you over all the info.

#76 ·
Holy shit if I could get four boards identical to those zeitronix boards that are adjusted to the slope of the analog outputs for the aem 4 channel a/f module that would make me a very happy person.

#82 ·
Looks good

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.