What's the difference between low and high impedance injectors? - Dodge SRT Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-18-2004, 10:18 AM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What's the difference between low and high impedance injectors?

Just wondering what's the difference between high and low resistance fuel injectors, and are there any performance difference between the two?
Do we have the high impedance ones in our SRT-4?

TIA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-18-2004, 10:25 AM
SRTforums Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluert
Do we have the high impedance ones in our SRT-4?
Yes they are.

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-19-2004, 08:26 AM
SRTforums Member

Performance differences? Sure there are, without some modification low impedence injectors won't perform in the place of high impedence injectors, same goes for high impedence injectors in the place of low impedence injectors.

Sometimes knowledge eludes me and logic fails me, so to compensate I lie.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-19-2004, 01:16 PM
SRTforums Member

Low Z injectors I believe are peak-and-hold (they draw a lot of current) - they are generally used for injectors 50 lb/hr and over. I think high Z injectors are used because they are cheaper and the driver is cheaper/more reliable. I don't know of a production car with low Z injectors (stock).

-Alex
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-19-2004, 02:09 PM
SRTforums Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexA
Low Z injectors I believe are peak-and-hold (they draw a lot of current) - they are generally used for injectors 50 lb/hr and over. I think high Z injectors are used because they are cheaper and the driver is cheaper/more reliable. I don't know of a production car with low Z injectors (stock).

-Alex
Hmm couple cars that come w/ low impendance stock. Lets see... 80s/early 90s turbo dodges, DSMs, Supras, 300zxs, GNXs, Turbo T/As, Early Evos i think, some ODB-1 Hondas, and a couple more out there. Low impendance are considered overall better but they typically draw way more current and are louder than high impendance injectors
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-19-2004, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo25mn
Hmm couple cars that come w/ low impendance stock. Lets see... 80s/early 90s turbo dodges, DSMs, Supras, 300zxs, GNXs, Turbo T/As, Early Evos i think, some ODB-1 Hondas, and a couple more out there. Low impendance are considered overall better but they typically draw way more current and are louder than high impendance injectors
So a low resistance flows just as much as a high resistance injectors or vice versa if they are both 850cc etc....?
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-19-2004, 04:50 PM
User Banned

I think what there trying to say is one will flow more in certain points than others. (RPM's that is)
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-20-2004, 07:42 AM
SRTforums Member

Quote:
GN's GNX's Turbo Regals and TA's all come with HIGH Z injectors..... You have to mod your computer in Buicks to use the LOW Z injectors. I've seen High Z's up to 65's. I'm not sure about the rest of your list but it doesnt sound to correct.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-20-2004, 06:26 PM
SRTforums Member

My GNX runs low impedepance... go figure.. and so does my friend's dsm, and my friend's supra. As they all offered me their injectors for my neon when i was shopping for some
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-20-2004, 11:40 PM
SRTforums Member

I think you can actually put a low Z injector in a car setup for high Z, but you'll eventually damage the drivers. Using a 50+ lb/hr high Z injector will probably give a bad idle as the low pulse width control is sucky.

-Alex
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-21-2004, 06:43 AM
SRTforums Member

Quote:
My GNX runs low impedepance... go figure.. and so does my friend's dsm, and my friend's supra. As they all offered me their injectors for my neon when i was shopping for some
Awsome, glad someone hacked another GNX So which GNX of the 547 do you HAVE??? Buicks have High Z drivers, you need to send you comp out to run Low Z's simple as that. You prolly bought a set of the Siemens 55's and someone told you that they where low z, when in fact Siemens makes a High and low in 55's <<< Its prolly mix up like that....

Got any pics of your GNX??
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-21-2004, 07:42 AM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexA
I think you can actually put a low Z injector in a car setup for high Z, but you'll eventually damage the drivers. Using a 50+ lb/hr high Z injector will probably give a bad idle as the low pulse width control is sucky.

-Alex

Hmmmm.. that make sense why some hp car with big injectors uses low impedance ones??
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-21-2004, 11:29 AM
SRTforums Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyb
Awsome, glad someone hacked another GNX So which GNX of the 547 do you HAVE??? Buicks have High Z drivers, you need to send you comp out to run Low Z's simple as that. You prolly bought a set of the Siemens 55's and someone told you that they where low z, when in fact Siemens makes a High and low in 55's <<< Its prolly mix up like that....

Got any pics of your GNX??
Sorry dude 86 GN- not a X model those are hard to find, and as far as pics eh i think i'll pass i don't even have pics of my neon. I'll have my step-dad check the injectors on the car, considering i'm in Gainesville,Fl for school and the car is back in Miami (in storage). But i have seen some high impedance cars run low impendance injectors without a resistor box, but not for an extended period of time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode