Dodge SRT Forum banner

Vibrant GESI Catalytic Converter: Anybody used one?

5K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  MISTERak 
#1 ·
I have been contemplating running one of these, as my build is done (currently putting break-in miles on the car) and where I live in CO we have emissions testing, in order for it to be a registered 'street car' (sniffer and ODB2 scan as of 2015 - REAL PAIN!!).

Vibrant Performance ::.

These claim to be "ideal for forced induction applications, with no loss of HP." And is rated for "500-850HP." The pro here, is that I wouldn't have to swap out my downpipe every two years for emissions testing, if I just leave it installed, but I'm curious if it will have any negative effects on performance. If you aren't familiar, my build thread is linked below:

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f451/2005-s362fmw-build-715585/

Exhaust is a 3" MPX with a full 3" downpipe. I'm thinking I may just have to be a 'guinea pig' and weld one in!

#3 · (Edited)
Hey man, I used a 3" vibrant cat but it wasnt that one, it was a metal core hi performance replacement type, listed as obd-1 I believe.

I passed sniffer in NJ which is our only "real" test if you dont want to pay and roll through the state inspection.

Hope it helps

Thanks for posting up, Joe! I appreciate the feedback. How is the 1G coming along? I'm assuming you used one of these:

Vibrant Performance ::.

That route seems a lot cheaper, but I'm curious if I could just leave the other converter installed and not hurt HP/TQ...might just try it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.