Dodge SRT Forum banner

vacuum line help

15K views 23 replies 4 participants last post by  04nsrt4spooln 
#1 ·
hello I just bought an 04 srt4 and was wondering if anyone here can help me with my vacuum lines. the mods the car has are an hks bov, agp wastegate, mbc, modern performance tb, agp intercooler pipes. all the vacuum solenoids have been blanked off. id that ok to run the car like that with the set up I have or should the be some hooked up. ive read thru all the vacuum line threads and just cant seen to find one that would help me. TIA.

#2 · (Edited)
First let's get rid of the BS. Modern TB and AGP intercooler don't matter here.

Now on to what really matters:

You can choose to run solenoids or not. I'll speak on the non-solenoid route first.

1. HKS BOV needs a vacuum and boost source. I'd recommend a place AFTER the throttle body. It would be ideal to have its own tap, but not too bad if you have to T off of another line.
2. AGP WGA needs only a single boost reference. The closest point prior to the TB is the best bet. If you are stock turbo the barb off the turbo is best.
3. MBC needs to be in line with the WGA and boost reference (prior to TB). You tweak the MBC to get the boost you desire by "fooling" it as to how much boost it "sees."

I see that you are a new member and I'd HIGHLY recommend the following:

1. For the love of all things Chrysler get a wideband and monitor your AFR.
2. Get some sort of Diablosport tool and pay for a tune of some sort. The cost of the tool is much much less than the cost of grenading your engine.
3. Return to stock and follow the diagrams for the WGA and BOV since they are aftermarket and ditch the MBC. This route is easily tuned via e-mail by many of the forum members here on this site. I'd recommend Duster360.

Those are just a few quick tidbits that I can think of off the top of my head. Oh I forgot, grab a copy of the FSM (factory service manual) from my signature line and learn something. It is in essence the bible for our cars.

Finally welcome and I wish you the best!

#3 ·
the bov has a T tapped into a line coming off the TB, looks like its right after the butterfly valve. the line goes up under the brake booster, but just before is goes under it has another T that is green but is capped off. for the WGA its just coming from the back side of the turbo to the MBC then back over to the WGA. I also have a wideband gauge I believe the sensor is faulty right now I will be getting a new sensor here shortly. the AFR gauge at idle is sporadic it'll jump from 14.3 at start and a few seconds later itll just jump around with no rpm change or idle change in sound.

#7 ·
With the PCM controlling the boost it is more precise and quicker, not having much boost creep and will not overboost in normal situations if something goes wrong. But this requires a 'tune' of some sort to tell the PCM to allow more PSI.
With the MBC it is easier (sometimes too easy) to raise the boost levels. Keep in mind too the WG has a lot to do with how the way it can be controlled well.

#13 ·
Your above diagram does not have the WG controlled by the PCM/Solenoid. Notice the line goes directly from the WG to the turbo compressor housing (boost only) and there is nothing between it and the housing. That diagram is for the BOV being blocked off and having the BOV in the up-pipe. The AGP WG is still considered an internal like the stock one, it gives you a stronger spring and arm adjustability where the stock one does not.

Use the diagram I added it keeps it simple and easier to understand. Your car if previously owned could have been fiddled with over the last 12+ years and the colour of the lines will not be a good thing to go by. My diagram IS for the Stock setup with corresponding coloured lines.

#16 ·
Ok so the pink line in your diagram goes to what? Cuz all I see on my turbo it the wga. I don't see any other solenoid on it. Unless I'm missing something. It looks like it has a block off plate underneath by where the wga is. Also the blue solenoid the bottom line is right after the tb valve? Would it matter if my BOV is tapped into that line?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.