Dodge SRT Forum banner

Power Steering Pulley Photo: Gooey/"Gloppy"

870 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  T-Four 
#1 · (Edited)
Yesterday, I started off, for my weekly drive to a neighboring state, for a nice drive (and also for my lotto tickets, for the week). Why do I get them in a neighboring state? So I can take advantage of the "tax free lotto prize", should the unthinkable actually happen.
And also because my home state and city are horrible places to be, which makes it a perfect starting point for wherever you want to go.

OK, so once running, I hear this squeeling, as I have the past couple times, as that is what happens, in crappy weather.

Well, I go about 175 miles or so, before, and with no warning, I'm driving along, after just having left a green light, and my steering starts feeling impossible to turn. I had thought I ran over something, and lodged some kind of debris under my car. Then, I thought: "Oh no! My power steering belt has come off!".

Well, look at the photos. The bearing at the center seized, making a gloppy mess of the rest of the pulley's hub.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.