Dodge SRT Forum banner

P1188 Tip Sensor Performance

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Kapitald 
#1 ·
Hi everybody,

After some google searching I found that P1188 stands for TIP sensor performance and may probably be getting triggered by part throttle boost.

I've been plagued by this code for years and I clear my codes and drive her really slow so I can go pass emissions.

This year I cleared the codes and failed emissions because my readiness monitors weren't reset all the way. I drove it home and back to work next day babying it and the stupid code came back on.

I cleared it again today and will try the babying of the pedal method yet again, but is there something I can do to completely rid myself of this issue?

I didn't have this issue until I went on DSP tune. Starting to miss my old manual boost controller / wastegate setup.

I'm thinking about trying my stock TIP sensor and see how that goes...but the car is DSP tuned for stage 2 injectors and map etc. I figure the stock TIP might still be okay so long as I don't get into boost. Any ideas?

I need to pass emissions!
Thanks for any help

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Simple - hook up the TIP sensor.

Vac/boost source from cold side pipe before throttle body -> top most solenoid (red) vacuum port -> 2nd most vacuum port goes to TIP sensor.

Reactions: HybridKid
#5 ·
Thanks HybridKid, I wish I knew for sure what mine were scaled too. I have the file that Duster sent to me in an email that I used to flash the car....but I don't know what the TIP sensor is set at.

I checked the hookup on the TIP sensor and it looks correctly hooked up to me (per the diagram that ziggo provided above)...I'll try to take a picture of the hookup and get it on here.

In the meantime, where can I get a new stage 2 TIP sensor just in case mine is bad? Do these even go bad? I have a feeling that I can't get this at autozone.

Thanks, Derek

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.