Dodge SRT Forum banner

Oil pressure sensor harness wire location HELP

16K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  xrproto07 
#1 ·
ok so i bought my SRT-4 about a week ago and the check engine light was on, the p0522 which is the oil pressure sensor but the dealer agreed in buying a new sensor for me to replace it. they give me the sensor and i get to work on trying to find the damn sensor, after an hour of removing parts and finally locating the sensor i find the the harness has the wire just dangling. :wah?!:

this is where the sensor is located

the sensor is #3 in the picture.(in case you didnt notice):nerd:

my question is, where is the other end at? should i look for it on the ECU, or can i just buy the harness online? i dont need a pressure gauge i just want my oil and check engine lights to go away. :crying:

See less See more
#4 ·
It should be running off the same line that goes back to your Bank 2 O2 sensor. It should also have another sensor plug in coming off the same line. Best beat would be to un-plug your 02, and pull that line to the front of the motor. You should be able to trace were the cut lines are.

#6 ·
ok im back ... i was unsuccessful locating the other side of the harness but ill try again tomorrow this is where the 02 sensor leads up to

i know there are two sensors in the exhaust, one before the Cat and another one after. this is the one before the cat

i did find another wire but this turned out to be for the ABS, which the light is also on... i guess the old owner just liked cutting things -_-

this is where it connects to

now i have two ripped up harnesses

and this is my dashboard all light :crying:up

#7 ·
Ok.... Well first off it's good you found out your ABS light issue, but you're looking at the wrong side of the engine for the oil pressure sensor. The side you were looking at is the front of the motor, where the cam gears, alternator, timing belt, etc are. You should be looking on the side with the transmission, so you're right hand side when facing the engine bay. Take your battery out, and then get a flash light. The only way again that I have gotten to this sensor is from the under side. Mostly using sense of touch to find them. It will be back there, I promise. It sits right on the block like your picture shows. If you're looking for the wire, it should be in the same general location. It will also \be plugged into another sensor 3 inches from the oil pressure sensor. Good Luck, and LMK on the progress.

#8 · (Edited)
Old thread I know. But my oil pressure light came on and I tried to follow that one wire from it and came to some more wires which led to a bolt in the transmission which was not on all the way. It had a ground strap on it dangling around. What other "sensor" is tied into it? Power steering pressure sensor I take it? I cannot see worth crap in there. Checked the service manual too with no luck with wiring for the oil pressure sensor. Just gives you a generic how-to on how to replace it and its function.

#10 ·
Nice find but I am not able to read that diagram can you explian to me what it ties into. Thanks. There is only one wire coming from it I take it that is the signal wire but then it shows a ground too...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.