Dodge SRT Forum banner

no name cold air intake?

10K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Gergyyy 
#1 ·
How bad is it to put a no name cold air intake on my neon srt4

#2 ·
what does it look like? pic?

#3 ·
CAI's are over rated. Stick with the factory intake box. Its extremely well designed and suits the stock turbo just fine.

But if you MUST go with one, they are all the same. A curved piece of pipe with a filter.

#4 ·
i agree with evo77 on the part that all cold air intakes are the same, a curved piece on piping with a filter on the end of it. i wanted more room to fit a BOV and it just looks nicer under the hood so i went with an ebay cold air intake and it works just fine but i only paid $58 bucks shipped. i did have to do some grinding of the tubing to get it to fit because when i put it on the piping came out behind the battery but it fits really good now and looks good and performs good, also just sounds cool. i have a 2005 and when i contacted the guys about my problem they told me i was the first one but if you do decide to go that ebay route let me know and ill provide pics of what i did to make it work.
iv driven mine for about 2,000 miles and no problems what so ever!

#5 ·
#7 ·
air intakes on ebay are decent. however the filters suck big time. buy the tubing and get a real k&n air filter and you will be set. also if your going to go with a cai, get the one that goes behind the fender with a splash shield. everything else FTL:readclose

#9 ·
yea im gunna swap out my filter for a k&n one after maybe like 10k thousand miles with the ebay one its really not too bad. and tunerlover 3 is right some people say you will gain some hp but overall i think all you gain is lots of room in the engine bay, a cooler look, and a better sound. lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.