Need help or car is scrap metal - SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum

Go Back   SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum > SRT-4 Technical Discussion > Performance Modifications

SrtForums.com is the premier Dodge SRT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 10:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 90196
Post Need help or car is scrap metal

The car has not thrown a code which is one reason why im so pissed, also the car will rev to 6k no problem with missing a beat. the problem is when i boost about 5psi or more. it completely falls on its face. it sounds like its backfiring through the intake and the car will jerk really bad. ive tried new plugs, plug wires, and a cam pos sensor. i did notice that when i was reving it up from the engine bay there was an arc on the two i think 8mm bolts located one just to the right of the second plug counting from driver side, the other on the next to last plug on pass side. this is really angering me and i really cam close to kicking the crap out of my car, but then realized that would be dumb. my patients is limited towards this car so someone please help me.
stjoesrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2013, 10:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

someone please help, i seriously am freaking out about this because i really cant afford to send it to the shop.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 33036

what does the boost gauge show when the engine is not running, and when it is idling? Also, did the new plug wires "click" onto the spark plugs?
Hi N Mity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

it is on 10psi vac when off, sometimes goes t 0. this car is always doing something different, when i unplugged the battery and plugged it back in, the car would boost over 20psi. (at least according to boost gauge). the plug wires did click on, but i have already removed them as they did not fix problem. at idele is at 20psi vac. if anyone on here is near to st. joseph mo, or near kc area i will drive it to you as i can still drive no problem, just cant boost any.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 87544

If it sits at 10 vac when car is off its your gauge. It should always sit at 0 when off
z ACTIVE x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

not understanding how my boost gauge reading being wrong making my car completely crap itself past 5lbs of boost. im sorry if that sounded rude or anything lol but ive had the car for a year the 28th and its sat at 10 vac every since. never had a problem until today when i was accelerating then out of nowhere the car game me the finger and shut down.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

i did get the code p0633, but from what i hear that is because of a staged pcm and has no meaning towards an issue with the enigine
Old 01-26-2013, 12:35 AM   #8 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Quote: Originally Posted by ORSRT05 View Post
King Cid you are the fucking man!!!!!!!

Thank you for suggesting dielectric grease!!!!

I bought 4 packets of dielectric grease 1 week ago and I packed both ends of my plugs and wires with it.......from day 1 after the dielectric grease......my car has started right up anytime of day......before it would take a couple of cranks

My idle has even smoothed out and my car revs a little smoother in neutral now as well......the engine just feels better too!!!!!

And!!!!...........my original issue of the engine stuttering and breaking up while in boost in pretty much every gear.......has totally vanished!!!!!

I seriously feel like im driving a new car at the moment!!!!!

Whod a thunk it that a purchase of less than $5 worth of dielectric grease would solve so many issues........I bet if all the srt guys on this website complaining of similar issues such as myself......minor or major......just put some dielectric grease on the ends of their plugs and wires........there wouldnt be so many confused and frustrated srt owners suffering needlessly

spread the word!!!!!

[IMG][/IMG]

this is what i have found so far. this is what ill try tomorrow. this guy pretty much describe what is going on with my car, so imma try it
Old 01-26-2013, 12:44 AM   #9 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 33036

your gauge reading wrong means you could be overboosting and you wouldnt even know it. You discribed what my car did awhile back when mine was overboosting. It would rev to the limiter fine, but when under boost, it would go over what the map could read and basically shut down the motor. change or barrow a gauge, find out what you're boosting and go from there.
Hi N Mity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:15 AM   #10 (permalink)
Fresh Meat Moderator

Member Number: 76568

Can you take a picture of this connector that you are seeing an arc come from?

Also have you changed your coil pack?
tunerlover3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:41 AM   #11 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 76887

Might be the coilpack going bad. You shouldn't see any arcs anywhere either.
Themaggots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:29 AM   #12 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 24279

Overdramatic thread title is overdramatic .

I would gladly come by with a flatbed and the cash equivalent of your cars worth as scrap metal . (Jk)

As stated if you are seeing a spark from anything grounding to the block then you have a problem . If its the coil or plug wires , then the fix is easy . If the spark is occurring at the harness branch to the coil then some repair and rerouting may be in order . My coil plug to harness section was very tight due to the way the factory routed it . The harness clip on drivers side of the head was causing too much stress on the harness . I think I used a zip tie between clip & harness as an extender to relax the tension . Not sure if that's your issue .

S3 turbo/mani,S3 coilovers,SCT PRP,1025cc inj,AGP Race,N2MBWOTBox,ACT HD-Street,Hurst,Needswings
apexcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:49 AM   #13 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 83768

Check the ground wires.
There's one on the passenger side that goes behind the engine, one on passenger in the fender well to the strut, one on each side of the hood where it connects, etc.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:04 AM   #14 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 91051

Shit, at least you can drive yours. Mine has a rod knocking. I'll trade you straight up. lofl.
dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:31 AM   #15 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 91842

Double check to make sure all your grounds are connected to a clean surface, then try a new coil. Any cel?
aem wideband
xxr 527
dst
50 trim in the making
travs05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement