Dodge SRT Forum banner

More Srt problems... clutch again..

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Caric 
#1 ·
Ok I have an 04 neon srt-4. Recently I posted a thread asking about my clutch, well I took it into a shop and they put a stage 3 clutch in it already. I didn't pay for it, my mom did because it was a birthday present, and she told me to get the stage 3. I had no knowledge of a stage 3, I just thought the higher the stage, the better the clutch.

(big mistake I know.. nothing I can do now)

Apple Valley Ford in Apple Valley, Minnesota put a clutch in for me, and I paid $2800 for the clutch kit, flywheel, and 2 wheel bearings.

They said there was no warranty on it but I am going to see if they can take a look at the clutch.

Also Why dos it shift so hard? I mean getting it into 1st or reverse is not hard but its also not smooth at all. The clutch makes noise when the car is at idle. I am assuming that something needs to be adjusted, and also I am not sure if this means anything but one of the guys told me it was a ""self bleeding" clutch?

Any opinions? What can I do to make the shifting smoother without spending a fortune, and do you think they will look at my clutch for free or at least for maybe $100?

See less See more
#2 ·
They didn't replace the fork or pivot ball that sounds like ur issue.. But u can try a cable crossover adjustment.. If u do go in for another clutch look into the act hdss if u ever wanna up the power but if your stok and are gonna stay stock just get oem Sachs and either wikyd performance fork and ball or Dcr.. The stock are soft and don't last. Doin a clutch job isn't that bad if u hv a buddy and the right tools.. Replace everything u think u might needa while ur right there and not have to get back into it anytime soon

If possible find out exactly what they did and put in.. Bcuz the noise could either be clutch or gear chatter or if it's a squeak it could be the throw out bearing

#3 ·
I am just worried this is going to cost a lot.. I thought for $2300 I could get all of that stuff with it. I guess I will have them look at it and see what they can do. I wish there was someone in my area who could help me with this haha.

#5 ·
Which stage 3 clutch is it? 2300 for a clutch?! Yeah do some research before you let shops take complete control of your car that's way too much in my opinion. Also I agree with above find out if the shop changed pivot/tob.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#7 ·
seriously, go back to the dealership and have them tell you exactly what they replaced and with what brand parts etc... Demand a detailed receipt with part numbers, and have the labor itemized. And why would you have a ford dealer replace the clutch on a dodge?? Your mom sounds nice especially to pay that price (we charge about $1300 for anew act 6 puck with lightweight flywheel, arp FW bolts new fork and pivot all installed with new trans fluid (parts and labor) The clutch job is only a 5.5 hour job according to mitchells and all data which most shops use when charging labor.
So I'd love to see the detailed invoice they give you....

#10 ·
Well to be honest, I called a lot of places in my state including Raven Works, Modern Performance, and a few other places however Raven Works doesn't do that kind of work for private customers or something like that, and a few other places quoted me like $3000 for everything.

If I would have known to ask for help on these forums I bet I could have found someone to do it cheaper. I knew I got ripped off when this all happened, however I wasn't sure what to do. I was in a sticky situation, but now it's over so I guess I had to learn one way or another, unfortunately it costs my mom 2k for my mistake. :/

#15 ·
After getting an itemized recepit I would keep looking around on here and other places for someone or someplace that works on the srt even if it is several hours drive. Just plan for a day or two and have it looked over. That is a lot of money for a more basic clutch. The really high tq holding ones can cost that much installed at times so best to find out what it is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.