Dodge SRT Forum banner

E1 turbo?

12K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  enginjoe 
#1 ·
Wats up fellas..
So i came across a pretty good deal..
$250 for an e1 turbo with less than 7k on it
250 plus my stock turbo..
E1 turbo still on car so i can check out and see how it does before we exchange...

Im still learning as much as i can about these cars so bare with me lol

the guy told me its ready to be dropped withought a tune..
Can hold up to 25psi

as far as my mods go..
3inch piping
mopar cai
big front mount
greddy catch can
stage 1 injectors ( 2004 )
stock pcm
and i jst got back 15 min ago from picking up a stage 2 wga

is it true what i was told about ready to drop in with no tune and can hold up o 25 psi?

Can my current mods support the e1 turbo upgrade?

If not what would i need to run this turbo set up?

Thanks in advance!

See less See more
#3 ·
Sounds like that to me as well. IMHO, in the threads I have read having a BWS is pointless if you don't utilize a ported/modded exh mani. Pick it up if everything looks good but you can't just slap s*** together. Go buy a stocker on Craigslist and trade that with it instead of your DD turbo I'm assuming. Everyone is going to tell you your first mods should be a wideband and a DSP for a reason. The e1 is paired with a ported exh mani for a reason. Don't argue with the engineers, they're smarter than us.

#4 ·
For $250 I'd buy it if i were stock turbo.
You can just put it on and run it at stockish boost lvls no problem... but you will need fuel mods, a wideband, and a tuning device to really turn the boost up.

No the e1 won't hold 25psi w/o manifold mods... manifold is the restriction.

Expect the E1 to make about 25whp more then your stocker just by putting it in. If you get a tune expect a lot more. A local is running Dusters360's e85 package with his e1 setup and made 362/379, kcsrt is his forum name.

Sounds like a decent deal to me. And the e1 will make more power then the stocker only downside is it still falls off like the stocker too. I'd go for it.

#5 ·
The E1 can just slapped in. but dont expect to spike 25 without tuning. With stage1 injectors u will run outta of fuel before u hit the limits of the turbo and stock manifold.
on a stock manifold and supporting fuel u can spike 24 hold 18 or so. with better manifold u can hold more to redline. but with just stage 1 injectors expect something more like 20 21 spike hold 16 or 17 with a tuning device

#6 · (Edited)
http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f113/enforcer-1-turbo-459393/

This thread is old but the data is real. It’s also bit long but, in the first few pages. I documented my initial experiences with the E1.
Still have the car & E1 turbo installed. Awesome combination for street/strip applications. I would just stay away from 25psi of boost. That’s a lot of boost for that turbo to push, my opinion.

#7 ·
http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f113/enforcer-1-turbo-459393/

This thread is old but the data is real. It’s also bit long but, in the first few pages. I documented my initial experiences with the E1.
Still have the car & E1 turbo installed. Awesome combination for street/strip applications. I would just stay away from 25psi of boost. That’s a lot of boost for that turbo to push, my opinion.
Dont forget this thread theres alot of good info here. http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f113/e1-turbo-install-pics-video-593420/

#8 ·
thanks for the info guys.. littled bummed the guy changed his mind of selling.. but at same time its cool cuz its my daily lol but hey i lerned sumthing new about how to run e1 turbo....

since im at it i had another question.. i jst bought a stage 2 wga but have no clue what people say about sumthing with a 4mm preload or some people say a 0mm preoload works better...

whats the correct preload and how can i preload it?

ive understood the arm has to show 5 threads jst wanna make sure with you guys before i mess sumthing up lol

#12 ·
My Red Flag is he had to have your turbo before you got his. He's the seller he needs to send you the E1 before you send him yours. I don't know his user rating so don't want to say it was a scam. I haven't boughten parts on the forum in a long long time. Some time ago it got real ugly on here and lots of folks got burned. By members and "vendors"

I don't have the funds for big turbo and if your doing E1 your still looking around a $1000 plus a clutch usually (E1, tuning device, injectors, fuel pump, tune, 3bar sensors) that all adds up fast. Great streetable little turbo though.

#14 ·
This is an old thread, but you would think people would learn from all the threads on here about the BWS. The only reason you want to get one is if you live somewhere that has emissions rules that require you to be stock or you just want the stock look. Personally, I would just wait for a stage 3 setup to come around and not waste the money. It looks stock...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.