Dodge SRT Forum banner

Building 400hp - Need input

10K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  KrauseSRT4 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, ive been over this forum looking at all the different posts trying to gather research to help me build my srt4 to around 400hp without blowing my car up. I would like some opinions to help guide me and point me in the right direction. Tell me if i am missing stuff or on point. Here is my list of Current mods, i bought the car with few mods so i am not sure exactly what they are. Also listed is mods for my build i would like.

Mods
Cca bfmic
Mopar s2 pcm
Mopar s2 injectors
short ram intake - previous owner installed
Agp wastegate stock 8lb spring
3 bar map and tip sensors
93 octane tune on the DSP
1 step colder ngk spark plugs
Oil catch can - previous owner installed
Exhaust with modded tips from previous owner.
Has a down pipe from previous owner, he welded the cutout shut.
Agp dog bone motor and tranny mounts
Booger bushings
Maddog sts 58 % reduction 1 inch lower
Autozone axles

New build --- need input!!!
Act xt street disc SS 480hp holding cap 540 ft lbs torque. Comes with lightened steel flywheel, throw out bearing and alignment tool.
Mopar oem clutch pivot ball
Agp forged clutch fork
Mopar clutch pivot fork boot and clip
Arp flexplate bolts - ??? Not sure if i need them.
Mopar oem clutch slave cylinder
Mpx dual exit exhaust w/ downpipe 3" with o2 sensor bung
Digital aem afr gauge
Digital aem oil pressure gauge
Aeroforce interceptor gauge
3" injen short ram intake
Wilwood 4 piston complete big brake kit.
Wilwood brake line kit
Dss level 3 axles
N2mb WOT box launch control - will it destroy my CAT?
Mopar timing belt / tensioner / bearing / water pump kit.
Remove balance shaft assembly
Arp connecting rod bolts
Mpx 62mm throttle body
Mishimoto aluminum radiator
Mishimoto fan shroud assembly
Mishimoto silicone rad hoses
Mpx bfmic
Agp lower hard pipe
Agp upper hard pipe with hks ssqv bov package.
Mpx oil catch can
Mpx check valve
Walbro 255 LPH high flow fuel pump
Fuel pump rewire mod
Bottleneck fix
Ported intake and exhaust manifolds
Agp 4-3 inch reducer
Boomba fuel rail
S256-rs 550whp max on 30psi full boost 3600 rpm .63 A/R housing
1000cc deatschwerks injectors comes with the turbo package.
Agp fuel return line
I know i shouldnt exceed 430whp on stock internals. i wanted the bigger turbo for later mods if i do choose to do so.
Also just another question. Is the widest wheel i can get 9 inches? or is it 8.5?

Thank you all for looking this over for me. The help is much appreciated.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
8" would be the max depending on wheels, unless you're looking to have the stretched tire setup that gives you no traction, so 400hp would be pointless.

You have several big money mods that won't do anything for hp gain.
Oil pressure gauge isn't really needed unless your running some big power, other wise its just there for looks.
As for the turbo, thats a great selection, if you can get it as a divided t4 and use the new agp t4 divided manifold that'll a big plus!

ported intake manifold is good, you wont really need to port exhaust manifold unless you're look to run 600+hp. Aluminum radiator and shroud and hoses are all for looks and really dont do anything for performance, same could be said about the willwood big brake kit, unless you'll be doing circuit racing a lot. Another thing, you wont be able to run good sized drag radials or slicks because you won't be able to run a wheel smaller than 17" to clear the big brake kit.

Rod bolts are pointless because the weak point for the stock rods are the rods themselves.

axles are not needed, plenty of 700+hp srt's with stock axles.

i do recommend doing the in-tank bosch 044 pump instead of the walbro, with fuel return system & E85 :)

N2MB wot/launch control box will not damage your cat.
I do recommend getting their boost box too.

#3 ·
Certainly wont be doing the stretched tires, i like my traction. What gauges do you recommend for the setup i am going with for now? That manifold sounds nasty, i just looked it up. I plan on buying most of my stuff from modern performance, do you think they would be able to switch the manifolds for me? Awesome that saves me some good money not getting the brake kit or the cooling system. Also for the range of Hp i am shooting for i dont need to change the rods unless im going up in the high 400's right? Ill have to rebuild my stock axles, i currently have autozones in haha. I was thinking about doing E85, but i dont think there are any stations around here with it. i think i just want to stick with pump gas for now. The turbo kit will give me the AGP fuel return system. That boost box is awesome i also just looked that up, i will be purchasing that. Just wondering what are the benefits from the bosch 044 pump instead of the Walbro? But other than that stuff, everything else looks good? Thanks for your reply!!

#4 ·
Just to clarify one thing that 05_ACR said. Axles will be needed given you're currently running Autozone axles. He is right about just getting the OEM axles rather than aftermarket. Aftermarket have not been proven to hold up any better than OEM.

I think you should do a compression and leakdown test to make sure your motor is healthy enough to handle this power for an extended period of time.

Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.