Big Turbo Upgrade (Guidance) - Page 3 - SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum
 
 


Go Back   SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum > SRT-4 Technical Discussion > Performance Modifications

SrtForums.com is the premier Dodge SRT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2013, 10:33 PM   #31 (permalink)
SRTforums Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Member Number: 82114
Location: St Paul, MN
Posts: 305
Default

Quote: Originally Posted by enginjoe View Post
You can do well over 500whp with the stock rail. The '03 rail is the best though.

Is that just because it is easier / better for hooking up the Return Line kit?

If needed I will spend the extra $150 to get the boomba ruel rail.
n_charpy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-13-2013, 06:34 AM   #32 (permalink)
SRTforums Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Member Number: 3797
Location: Tucson
Posts: 5,942
Default

Quote: Originally Posted by n_charpy89 View Post
Is that just because it is easier / better for hooking up the Return Line kit?

If needed I will spend the extra $150 to get the boomba ruel rail.

Well, it has the shrader valve at the end, which is nice for hooking up pressure gauges or fuel returns. Personally, my return is hooked up before the rail, which many think is the dumb way to do it, but it works at least to my power level very well and is clean and simple.
__________________
2005 SRT-4, hole in the block, rebuild in progress
2002 Camaro SS M6, It's alive!
2003 SRT-4 Sold!
enginjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:05 AM   #33 (permalink)
SRTforums Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Member Number: 82114
Location: St Paul, MN
Posts: 305
Default

Quote: Originally Posted by enginjoe View Post
Well, it has the shrader valve at the end, which is nice for hooking up pressure gauges or fuel returns. Personally, my return is hooked up before the rail, which many think is the dumb way to do it, but it works at least to my power level very well and is clean and simple.

Ok, that is the way I would have to hook it up too. I'm waiting to hear back from MAP on an official quote for all the parts. Then I'll decide if I want to spend the extra money on the fuel rail. (I know they are cheap, and I will get one eventually)
n_charpy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:18 AM   #34 (permalink)
SRTforums Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Member Number: 92096
Location: alabama
Posts: 143
Default

i thought the agp comes with a 38mm agp wastegate?
jimbean5006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:19 AM   #35 (permalink)
SRTforums Member
 
808ACRSRT4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Member Number: 90635
Location: hawaii
Posts: 278
Default Re: Big Turbo Upgrade (Guidance)

Quote: Originally Posted by jimbean5006 View Post
i thought the agp comes with a 38mm agp wastegate?

It's a turbonetics...

PG86100 using AutoGuide.C
808ACRSRT4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:21 AM   #36 (permalink)
SRTforums Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Member Number: 92096
Location: alabama
Posts: 143
Default

Quote: Originally Posted by zman17 View Post
The 5431 kit from agp comes with everything you will need. Manifold o2 housing. Wastegate and the oil lines and coolant plugs. All the goodies. You will need an external bov and a boost controller. Like the boost box. Hands down best boost controller. Do you have a diablo product? My turbo is .63 ar housing. Mines a bit bigger than the 5431 so I have some lag down low but up top it pulls like a freight train. My car has way more street manners now. Seems to me the drive ability is a lot better. Mileage on a big turbo sucks if you don't stay out if boost. I get like 165-180 miles depending if I boost a lot or not. You will also need a tune. From duster360 or turbo666 mindmelt or link low. Who ever you choose. I personally use duster and he knows his stuff.


Sent from

Quote: Originally Posted by 808ACRSRT4 View Post
It's a turbonetics...

PG86100 using AutoGuide.C

i was looking at the fine print and saw agp 38mm wg. just making sure lol. all this money talk is making me wanna cheap out on a bws and tune hahahaha
jimbean5006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:41 AM   #37 (permalink)
SRTforums Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Member Number: 51111
Location: POS Michigan
Posts: 5,416
Default

nah they don't sell it with the turbonetics gate anymore. They send you their gate which looks ebayish (tial knockoffish) but I haven't seen anyone have problems with it really
__________________
go ahead...change yours too now; again
lVlemphizStylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:46 AM   #38 (permalink)
SRTforums Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Member Number: 92096
Location: alabama
Posts: 143
Default

Quote: Originally Posted by lVlemphizStylez View Post
nah they don't sell it with the turbonetics gate anymore. They send you their gate which looks ebayish (tial knockoffish) but I haven't seen anyone have problems with it really

sounds good. although i have a shop less than 20 min from me that builds turbos, thats all they do. im tempted to drop my manifold and turbo off for a custom bws and purchase injectors/tune from duster. im not cheap im just cost effective.

Last edited by jimbean5006; 02-13-2013 at 11:51 AM.
jimbean5006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:35 PM   #39 (permalink)
SRTforums Member
 
808ACRSRT4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Member Number: 90635
Location: hawaii
Posts: 278
Default Re: Big Turbo Upgrade (Guidance)

Quote: Originally Posted by lVlemphizStylez View Post
nah they don't sell it with the turbonetics gate anymore. They send you their gate which looks ebayish (tial knockoffish) but I haven't seen anyone have problems with it really

O that doesn't sound too good...

PG86100 using AutoGuide.C
808ACRSRT4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:38 PM   #40 (permalink)
SRTforums Member
 
808ACRSRT4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Member Number: 90635
Location: hawaii
Posts: 278
Default Re: Big Turbo Upgrade (Guidance)

Quote: Originally Posted by jimbean5006 View Post
sounds good. although i have a shop less than 20 min from me that builds turbos, thats all they do. im tempted to drop my manifold and turbo off for a custom bws and purchase injectors/tune from duster. im not cheap im just cost effective.

Depends how much...and is your ride a dd???

PG86100 using AutoGuide.C
808ACRSRT4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:38 PM   #41 (permalink)
SRTforums Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Member Number: 92096
Location: alabama
Posts: 143
Default

Quote: Originally Posted by 808ACRSRT4 View Post
O that doesn't sound too good...

PG86100 using AutoGuide.C

hey, if it works
it works
jimbean5006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:49 PM   #42 (permalink)
SRTforums Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Member Number: 92096
Location: alabama
Posts: 143
Default

Quote: Originally Posted by 808ACRSRT4 View Post
Depends how much...and is your ride a dd???

PG86100 using AutoGuide.C

he just built my friends sr20det turbo. ported, machined, billet wheels, coated, for around 600. so if i can keep the manifold im running and lines, etc etc etc.thats fine with me and they have warranty. yes my car is a dd

Last edited by jimbean5006; 02-13-2013 at 12:52 PM.
jimbean5006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:15 AM   #43 (permalink)
SRTforums Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Member Number: 90853
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 14
Thumbs up

Check this place out, I think you can save some money buying this and still getting your power needs in
Hahn Racecraft - Automotive Turbosystems

Also, you don't need that six puck if you're going to be limited by the engine itself. Our engines can only handle around 425 whp max. Some people go over, but without a rebuild, it's a gamble.
I would recommend these clutches, they are not any stiffer than stock, but they have incredible hold and have intermediate torque levels.
For example, the spec clutch stage 2+ holds 450 lb ft of torque and is sub $500s. It is a crazy deal. Also it comes with a flywheel since it is a modular clutch. Also no chatter like with the ACTs.

03-05 SRT-4 SPEC Staged Clutch & Flywheel Kits: JSC Speed

But what are your goals? Just fast drag car or autocross or just an awesome car?

Quote: Originally Posted by n_charpy89 View Post
So if I was to place this order I should be all set, then PM Duster or MindMelt and they would be able to set me up on a good tune?


daredevil5692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:50 AM   #44 (permalink)
SRTforums Member
 
Ridin59vette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Member Number: 86347
Location: Albany
Posts: 2,157
Default

Quote: Originally Posted by daredevil5692 View Post
Check this place out, I think you can save some money buying this and still getting your power needs in
Hahn Racecraft - Automotive Turbosystems

Also, you don't need that six puck if you're going to be limited by the engine itself. Our engines can only handle around 425 whp max. Some people go over, but without a rebuild, it's a gamble.
I would recommend these clutches, they are not any stiffer than stock, but they have incredible hold and have intermediate torque levels.
For example, the spec clutch stage 2+ holds 450 lb ft of torque and is sub $500s. It is a crazy deal. Also it comes with a flywheel since it is a modular clutch. Also no chatter like with the ACTs.

03-05 SRT-4 SPEC Staged Clutch & Flywheel Kits: JSC Speed

But what are your goals? Just fast drag car or autocross or just an awesome car?

Skip the SPEC Clutch. They are known to fail on our platform. You should probably do some research yourself before giving anyone advise
__________________
04 SRT-4: 9:1 Compression, Built head, Crower s2's
Twin scroll BW366 and Dogbox Coming soon!

99 9-3: Daily Driver

"Life is hard, it's harder when you're stupid"
" If you want to win, don't do it by a bumper.... do it by Buses "

Last edited by Ridin59vette; 02-14-2013 at 11:59 AM.
Ridin59vette is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:05 PM   #45 (permalink)
SRTforums Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Member Number: 82114
Location: St Paul, MN
Posts: 305
Default

My goals for the car is to have a reliable, and all around fun car that I can use as a daily driver and take to the track a couple times a year.
n_charpy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:36 PM.



(C) SRTforums.com

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2