LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-04-2017, 12:17 AM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Big Turbo Decisions! HELP!

Hello all, im having issues trying to figure out what turbo will work best for me. I recently bought all the supporting mods for a big turbo. Going with a stock block trying to support 400whp or better on pump. Might go with e85 later on. I would like to go with one of the AGP kits since they have everything there that i am missing. Originally wanted a s256rs but realizing its not for what i want, i want a good fast spooling and not dying out on top end turbo for the streets / strip with alittle more HP in the long run so i wont have to switch up turbos so i can have breathing room if i want to do some more mods.

So.... ive been considering the Delta 46 / Zeta 2.8 / GTX3071R or possibly a stage 3 or evo turbo. If i go with a stage 3 or evo turbo i obviously wont be getting the AGP kit and get some custom work done. If anyone has other suggestions please do say, id like to gather as many ideas as possible.

Delta 46 --- This turbo will hit 20psi at just a hair over 3000rpm and make 450whp at it's max of 27psi in the .48 A/R turbine housing. This turbo has a 4" inlet and a 2" outlet. This turbo has a .48 A/R turbine housing.

Zeta 2.8 --- Our smallest offering featuring fully machined billet aluminum compressor wheel with flow capabilities past 50lbs/min. We build this turbo with a .63 A/R turbine housing and the turbo will support over 500whp. Expect full boost around 3200rpm and the ability to hit 500whp around 28psi with the turbo maxing boost around 30psi. If you like the AGP 50 trim, you'll love this little Zeta. Faster spoolup, and more power than the 50 trim, the 2.8 will set the new standard of pump gas, street car turbo. The compressor housing has a 4" inlet and a 2" outlet

GTX3071R --- This turbo utilizes Garrett's forged, fully machined compressor wheel. Spool characteristics are very similar to the GT3071R (roughly 3100rpm for full boost), but this will support about another 50-60 more hp, maxing out to about 500hp. This turbo comes with a 4" inlet 2" outlet compressor housing, and is in a .63 A/R turbine housing.

This info came off the AGP turbo website.

Thanks for your time!

Last edited by KrauseSRT4; 06-04-2017 at 02:44 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-04-2017, 03:00 AM
Premium Member (Lifetime)

Lifetime Premium Member
Both the Delta 46 and the Zeta 2.8 are amazing turbos. Both of those will support your needs/goals also. Look up "brodgerz" Youtube and you'll see plenty of what the Zeta 2.8 can do, and I believe there is a few videos of him racing a grey srt with a delta 44 (so pretty damn close to the 46)

The GTX turbo you have mentioned may cost you a little more but it as well is a sweet turbo but w ill probably cost you a little more. Personally I am a Borg warner fan, and your original mentioned 256 turbo is also a sweet turbo for stock block, you can youtube "peter oshea srt4" and he has plenty of 256 videos on stock long block.

All of those mentioned are amazing turbos, you literally cant go wrong with any of those in your choices. They are all going to spool roughly the same, depending on DBB and journal bearing. I would go with a .63 hotside, to hold power better in the top end of the rpm with your log manifold.

So all in all its truly up to you on which you go for, hope this helps some. I personally would stick with the borg warner 256 or the zeta.

Also Just a heads up, if you search, i'm sure there is multiple reviews already on all of those mentioned since none of them are a new tech turbo.

Owner and fabricator of "Obryan lil Red Express Race Lights"

BW FMW 364.5, 3.5" full BST alum exhaust TG topmount T4 openscroll exhaust, DCR intake mani, 8.8 pistons, eagle rods 625 bolts, MAP machine straps DCR windage tray
Liberty input shaft, RT 3/4 fork, DCR Kevlar synchros, full blown twin pump -6 feed and return
BST tuned, stock computer daily driven
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-04-2017, 04:11 AM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member

Garage
Thanks for the reply! i looked up brodgerz, he did have some pretty good videos, that helped alittle. I feel like the Zeta 2.8 will be better than the s256rs since it will spool faster and support just over the 500whp range and i if i do go with the 2.8 i will be getting the .63 AR. Ive been trying to search for awhile on the turbos and see what others think and what not, but everyone has their own opinions on all different types of turbos, felt like i had to make a post of my own. Ill keep looking around though for sure.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-04-2017, 06:37 AM
Premium Member (Lifetime)

Lifetime Premium Member
zeta 2.8 will not support 500whp... maybe mid 400 on some good gas maxed out and around 30psi... but not 500, if you want 500 later on you will need to go with the 256, and even that is a stretch. yes 256 can make 500 but it fits in the same category good gas and 33psi.
My suggestion is Research, research, research on the forums, every turbo mentioned has been done and tried in a ton of ways e85, race-gas, pump gas, 15psi-40psi. Don't just focusing on a dyno number, as dyno sheets prove nothing, find you a track goal and work towards that.
SER-ious likes this.

Owner and fabricator of "Obryan lil Red Express Race Lights"

BW FMW 364.5, 3.5" full BST alum exhaust TG topmount T4 openscroll exhaust, DCR intake mani, 8.8 pistons, eagle rods 625 bolts, MAP machine straps DCR windage tray
Liberty input shaft, RT 3/4 fork, DCR Kevlar synchros, full blown twin pump -6 feed and return
BST tuned, stock computer daily driven
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 03:10 PM
SRTforums Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
GTX 3076r will get you that 400whp on pump
GTX 3071r will but higher boost levels as well as different fuel

But if you do e85 even a 50t can get you 400whp.

It really depends on the route(goals) you set for yourself. I don't recommend anything above 450whp for stock block. Yes others have done it but its really just a ticking time bomb.

good luck!
SER-ious likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode