Dodge SRT Forum banner

Battery Relocation Q's

17K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  Turbo_Kid 
#1 ·
I want to do a battery relocation mainly because I dont feel comfy about having the battery so close to the turbofold and heat. I also want to run a gel type battery. This is just for the street so I dont need a kill switch. Ive done some research on the net and on the forums. My questions are:

Do I need a power distribution block for the SRT-4?

Do I need a circuit breaker?

Do I need inline fuses?

#3 · (Edited)
I was looking at the summit kit then comparing it to alot of intalls posted online. I'll check out the modern kit as well.

SO i checked out the kits but the only include wiring and the box. I checked the foums but alot of the threads are dated and pics dont work.

So i do need a power distribution block and fuses. NO circuit breaker?

#7 ·
i don't see why people move the battery to the trunk (other than nhra rules), seems the weight should be over the wheels like a stratus

#10 ·
I just dont want the battery so close to the heat from the turbo. Its more of a reliability issue for me. I dont race my car. I want to run a better battery for my sound system as well.

#8 ·
#9 ·
Some shots of mine. I have a fuse mounted on the battery box itself along with the other stuff. I like it in the trunk away from everything and ease of access but that's just me.

Attachments

#15 ·
#21 ·
Your best bet is to post the questions up here. That way you'll get better input, feedback if there's different or varying opinions, and it may also help future people to run across the thread.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.