another ebay question..... - SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum

Go Back   SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum > SRT-4 Technical Discussion > Performance Modifications

SrtForums.com is the premier Dodge SRT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 06:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 86039
Default another ebay question.....

Okay so i know you get what you pay for most moving parts and electronics from eBay are crap i haven't seen many things about a eBay o2 housing. The way i look at it pipe is pipe as long as the welds are good i have a 3 inch catted down pipe on my car and noticed it still a stock o2 housing and don't see the point in spending 100 on a part that well doesn't take a whole lot to make. So my question is has anyone run one of these on there car and have you had any issues with it?
N30N_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2013, 06:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lav
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 79804

may not have moving parts but shitty quality metal is still shitty
Lav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Is even buying an aftermarket o2 house worth while? Would it be worth the time and money to install one? Im just trying to see what i should look into when income tax comes around. If. I have enough im getting bc coilovers for sure but just looking at odds and ends to make the car run alittle better.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 73599

Quote: Originally Posted by N30N_Dave View Post
Okay so i know you get what you pay for most moving parts and electronics from eBay are crap i haven't seen many things about a eBay o2 housing. The way i look at it pipe is pipe as long as the welds are good i have a 3 inch catted down pipe on my car and noticed it still a stock o2 housing and don't see the point in spending 100 on a part that well doesn't take a whole lot to make. So my question is has anyone run one of these on there car and have you had any issues with it?

I got you covered on this^^^^I'm running one for about 3 yrs. now with no issues.
DLTA4CD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

See ive ran a few different ebay parts on different vehicles and not major issues im running a ebay oil catch can ive done like 6 leak tests a few months apart to test it for leaks and still is good so i guess your playing the guessing game will it work it wont it. Theres one on ebay for 35 bucks so the way i look at it if i got one for 35 bucks if it works for a year or for a few months hell for 35 im not gonna complain really.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 86347

I've been running an ebay 3" 02 Housing for over 2 years with no issues, Just spend the extra $ and take it to a shop to have both flanges milled. Honestly theres not much of a point in the 02 housing. You really wont pick much up

99 9-3: Daily Driver

"Life is hard, it's harder when you're stupid"
" If you want to win, don't do it by a bumper.... do it by Buses "
Ridin59vette is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

You might complain a little once you see how much a PITA it is to put on. But yes, I agree, better it $35, than $135.

Also, Ebay is a guessing game...I also ran a CC from ebay with no issues either, just got tired of it and decided to make my own.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 86347

^This, It's a royal Pita for maybe 5WHP. Unless your running a BWS there is really no point. IJS

99 9-3: Daily Driver

"Life is hard, it's harder when you're stupid"
" If you want to win, don't do it by a bumper.... do it by Buses "
Ridin59vette is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 88421

Its pretty hard to screw up something like that, I wouldn't feel bad about running one.

Now if its something like a turbo, don't take a chance on it.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Right now the mods done to my car that i know of anyway are the ones ive done when i bought it aem short ram intake and diablo sport 93 octane tune and solid motor mounts. My car came with stage 2 fuel injectors and a weird looking 3 inch catted down pipe looks home made but sounds real nice. You can hear the turbo spooling when you put it to the floor it sounds awesome lol. Heres a video riding inside nothing special just wasting gas lol. When i had my car in a lift i thought the gasket blew out the o2 housing i tried even dropping the down pipe it seems like a major pain to replace such a small part but 5 whp is 5 whp every hp counts its all the small parts here and there so it adds up. But as of now i love the way my car sounds ive had it for about a year now but its not fast enough anymore but its my dream car so i gotta put more money in it lol.

Old 01-16-2013, 07:25 PM   #11 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

It sounded more like a boost leak then your turbo, but that's just my opinion.

Have you done the fuel pump rewire? Just did mine and I noticed a little better throttle response.

Last edited by DLTA4CD; 01-16-2013 at 07:48 PM.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:27 PM   #12 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

I found the O2 housing you're talking about...looks quality to me.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:36 PM   #13 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Ive gone over the boost lines and intercooler piping several times and tested for leaks and couldnt find anything it holds boost well it didnt make that noise til i put the aem intake on the car it will also flutter at lower rpm when letting off the gas. It does run great cant really complain and as far as fuel pump rewire i dont know i know i didnt do it lol so is there a way for me to tell if it was done? The car looks like it had alot of aftermarket stuff on it before i got it there was a wide band o2 sensor in the downpipe i seen when i put my aem wideband on it its hard to tell whats on the car it also has a n2mb fuel rail cover the motor is very clean and i looks like whoever had it before me took good care of it since im only the second owner according to the car fax. It has a kanimari carbon fiber hood someone backed into it and destroyed the hood i got the same hood when the dealer fixed it but they told me they had to paint the underside they said the insurance company wanted them to paint it im not gonna complain it looks good being carbon on top and the orange in the engine bay.

Last edited by N30N_Dave; 01-16-2013 at 07:39 PM.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:55 PM   #14 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

A little dusty....but clean!

Rewire I also bought from ebay...good quality too. Check under your car on the passenger side rear, where your fuel pump will be, and see if there is a relay mounted next to or close to the fuel tank with 4 wires hooked to it. Then you might have that mod.

Here's the kit;

SRT 4 Fuel Pump Rewire Kit Dodge SRT 4 Walbro 255 190 | eBay
Old 01-16-2013, 07:58 PM   #15 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Thanks ill look when theres not 4 inches of snow on the ground lol. Oh and i forgot about the exhaust depo monster intercooler. Is the rewire mod hard to do or is it pretty strait forward.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement