• 1 Post By System_Crash
  • 2 Post By mrgray03

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
03 srt4

I got big intercooler 3in exhaust big throttle body DS tuned the stocker turbo just wondering what you guys thing should b my next step thanks for your input
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 07:56 PM
"Made" Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 829 Post(s)
Set a goal of where you want the car to be. Then go from there. Install a LSD, if the stock transmission is still in it, they did not come with limited slip in 2003. Read the Performance section to get some ideas and the most important part, "Don't mess with the Daily Driver if that is what she is!".
Welcome!
Slowryd likes this.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 08:02 PM
SRTforums Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Not trying to be mean but... The next step I'd do to help performance , I'd take the bigger throttlebody off and put the stock back on. Then do a boost leak test! Believe me it's important! I'd then upgrade to 3 bar map and tip and get a re-scale tune from a known name tuner.
HybridKid and Slowryd like this.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 08:44 PM
SRTforums Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Welcome!
Performance wise i'd do a good once over of all mechanical, steering, suspension, brakes etc.
Do a tune up, change fluids.
Boost leak test.
Compression test.
Widebizzand.

Good luck with your project!
HybridKid, Slowryd and mrgray03 like this.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 08:47 PM
SRTforums Member

Good point..... Wideband should be installed before ever changing the stock tune!
Slowryd and 04itr like this.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 01:56 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
thanks for the responses. ya i do have a wideband for got to add that. why switch to the stock throttle body? i know i need suspension. brakes and fluids all changed last month and plugs were done a month b4 that. All steering compnents are good. Will probably do a boost leak test this weekend also a compression test.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 02:18 PM
"Made" Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 829 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Warren View Post
thanks for the responses. ya i do have a wideband for got to add that. why switch to the stock throttle body? i know i need suspension. brakes and fluids all changed last month and plugs were done a month b4 that. All steering compnents are good. Will probably do a boost leak test this weekend also a compression test.
In this case it is the stock turbo and having a big IC too. Basically a larger TB hinders the velocity of the air going past the larger TB.
Think of it this way, when you blow through a regular straw, air comes out the other end pretty good. Then switch the straw for say a 1/2" PVC pipe and try again, air doesn't come out that well. Your lungs are acting like the turbo in this example.
Slowryd, 04itr and mrgray03 like this.

Last edited by HybridKid; 04-03-2017 at 02:19 PM. Reason: grammar and spelling;)
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 05:01 PM
SRTforums Member

I remember reading MULTIPLE times of people loosing power with a ported or larger throttle body. I've never had hands on experience with this but, when a lot of people on here report the same problems I tend to listen. I think the consensus was stock throttle body until you start pushing 400+ hp on a large turbo. Someone step in if I'm wrong it's been awhile.......
Slowryd and mrgray03 like this.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 04:37 AM
SRTforums Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I dont want to be "that guy", but do want to add my 2 cents! Gotta go with the basics first man!

SRT-4 Performance Modifications and Upgrade Paths

^^ This is my heart and soul!! Also, some of these guys are offering to add parts to the vehicle when we dont even know what you have gotten yet to maximize what you have! If you are using stock wastegate without tuner, you are going to be very limited to your boost, aka power. Look at getting a fowardmotion wastegate if you can find one or search for one that is adjustable whithout having to change the spring. From there follow the guide and see where you are lacking.
Slowryd and 04itr like this.

2003 SRT4 Swap, awaiting further info!! Cannot yet post, sorry for lack of info, was going to add more but cant post!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 05:31 PM
SRTforums Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0cool View Post
If you are using stock wastegate without tuner, you are going to be very limited to your boost, aka power. Look at getting a fowardmotion wastegate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Warren View Post
DS tuned the stocker turbo
He's already got a tuner.
Xer0cool likes this.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 08:54 PM
SRTforums Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
[QUOTE=Xer0cool;11648826]I dont want to be "that guy", but do want to add my 2 cents! Gotta go with the basics first man!

SRT-4 Performance Modifications and Upgrade Paths

^^ This is my heart and soul!!

^^ Im using this as well. Great info.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 07:14 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Not sure what your goals are, if you are going big turbo or what your budget is but I will lay out a few things you can start researching depending on what you want to drop:

~2K big turbo kit, larger injectors, 3-bar sensors, fuel pump, email tune. If you have stock cold side pipe you will need to get a BOV and hardpipe. You already have 3" exhaust which is pre-req

~1K suspension: Get you some BC coilovers and if you want you can look into the Eidbach springs. You can adjust your ride's height and dampening. Probably the mod I've seen the biggest performance increase from and depending on how your car rides it I recommend doing it before big turbo

~$450 AGP cold side pipe will fix boost leaks and you can get a Blow Off Valve. You will need a block off plate on the stock turbo, and this is a required mod for big turbo

~$200 N2MB WOT box or boost box.

~$130 Short throw shifter if you don't like feeling like you're driving a truck

~$100 Bushings for your suspension

~$30 torque solutions exhaust hangers

Pretty much everybody's first mod is air intake. If you are on stock turbo and plan on going big turbo you will need a 3 or 4" intake instead of the 2.5. I do not recommend getting a Cold Air Intake for a daily driver as it is extremely easy to suck up water when it rains
HybridKid and 04itr like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode