Dodge SRT Forum banner

srt-4 expertise needed

1K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  the_komrade 
#1 ·
Hi all! It is my dream to build up my car with a dcr outlaw engine and have gotten most of that figured out what i want to know is what transmission shoild i use dcr sells a reinforced auto and rebuilt manual but also sell a rwd conversion that supports a th400 th350 and a powerglide. I want the to be the ultimate 4 cylinder out there. any ideas?

#2 ·
Ultimate 4 banger eh? Well you are definitely looking in the right place. DCR knows their shit, but I assume you are wanting to beat their Red Sled. You have your work cut out for you, but if you don't have any personal preferences towards staying FWD, then I would suggest the RWD conversion. Or hell since you said ultimate, why not go AWD? :beer: That would be pretty badass!

#4 ·
Meh... Why does everyone want a racecar? My stock/stg1 is super fun/reliable at the track & street with a side of car shows. I can take a trip in mine, haul the fam-damily, go to Walmart ectect.
If your dead set on a "outlaw" setup remember, one race season & you will be purchasing another. High price to pay to play.
I went to 3 different races with Darrell (he wasn't the pilot) running the RedSled. Third run at the 1st race we were assembling a new block.
2nd race, axles galore
3rd race, tune seemed to have disappeared.
Filled waterjackets & the full kit-n-kabootle the car has to be pushed from trailer to tent to track. Lotsa $$$ just to bust ass 1mile at a time.
I don't want to be a Debbie downer, I don't want to swerve you from ya dreams but look at the big picture, if you drop $20k every year just to finish a season, I'd suggest buying a house with a nice garage & have yourself a nice street srt4.
My .02 cents

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: HybridKid
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.