Dodge SRT Forum banner

need help clutch wont disengage

6K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  Crazyced 
#1 ·
when i push in the clutch and put the car in gear is pops then the car moves forward i have replaced the throwout bearing clutch fork slave cylinder and clutch master cylinder i dont know what else too check also the clutch is newer please help i cant think of anything else to replace

#7 ·
No, as said, the clutch is not disengaging, the friction surface is still touching the 'flywheel'.
What kind of clutch? Did you replace/check the little pivot ball that the clutch fork rides on? Did you bleed the clutch system? Does it have the little plastic tip on the slave cylinder?

#6 ·
I don't think they would. All 4 of my shifter bushings were trashed and the only issues I had before replacing them was a bunch of play in the shifter and it was hard to get into the right gear. I would think you have an adjustment issue… Sounds like your clutch doesn't fully disengage when your pedal is all the way to the floor.

#13 ·
Trans not fully bolted to the engine could definitely cause engagement problems. For future reference for anyone else I once had a problem where clutch wouldn't disengage and it turned out to be the cage that holds the spring in the sprung hub of clutch disc broke, the disc hub spring fell out and jammed between the pressure plate diaphragm springs and wouldn't let the pressure plate disengage.

For your second question, signs of low trans fluid would be pulling the trans fill plug with the car on level ground, putting your finger in and not being able to touch fluid. Optimally it should be filled until it is just about to ooze out the fill hole, then put the plug back in. Running a little low for a short time right after reinstalling a trans shouldn't kill anything, but if it was almost empty it wouldn't take long for the friction material to be damaged but I'm not sure I'd suspect reverse to go first from normal wear and if the fluid was just slightly low.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.