LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-04-2010, 06:59 AM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My car won't shift into any gear either....PLEASE READ

Guys,

Having troubles with my SRT too. Must be that time of the month...lol Anyhow, I was driving home yesterday and did a couple of hard downshifts when coming up to a red light. When I put in the clutch to take off from the light, I heard this high pitch whine/grinding noise and the clutch engagement felt weird. It only got worse after that. Pushing in the clutch I get a grinding/whining noise and it grinds when going into ANY gear. I am thinking synchros? I got home and now I can't even get into any gear unless the car is OFF. The car starts creeping forward when I try to force it a bit into forward gears. Seems like the clutch itself isn't even working anymore.

ALSO, a couple weeks back I noticed when depressing the clutch near the floor, I get a weird squeak noise, like something is wrong with the springs in the clutch. (ACT 6-puck w/ Streetlite Fly). This clutch is only a year old, 15k or so miles, new tob, tob fork, pivot ball. I did all the work myself so I know it was done right (I think) LOL. I do get clutch chatter but I guess that's expected w/ any aftermarket clutch.....

IDEAS?

Clutch Master Cyl?
Clutch Slave Cyl?
Clutch Pedal Ajustment?
3rd Gear Crossover Cable?
Shift Selector?
Synchros are toast?

THANKS GUYS!

04 E-Blue SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3R w/ Toys, JM Ported Head, AGP Mini FMIC, LFS TB, Needswings 3" O2, Catless DP, Mopar/Borla Exhaust, AEM UEGO, DSP Predator, CM Meth kit...........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-04-2010, 09:26 AM
v95
SRTforums Member

did you bend the clip that holds the cables to the bracket on the trans. or maybe the clutch got some damage in the hard braking situation. I would think the clutch did not suffer though if you installed it properlly, unless its a faulty product but then you would have noticed it sooner.

possibly it something that is simple like the clutch needs to be re adjusted.

second thought to is maybe pressure plate not getting enough pressure. Idk though

Last edited by v95; 11-04-2010 at 09:30 AM.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-04-2010, 10:35 AM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by v95 View Post
did you bend the clip that holds the cables to the bracket on the trans. or maybe the clutch got some damage in the hard braking situation. I would think the clutch did not suffer though if you installed it properlly, unless its a faulty product but then you would have noticed it sooner.

possibly it something that is simple like the clutch needs to be re adjusted.

second thought to is maybe pressure plate not getting enough pressure. Idk though
Hmm....well, I was talking to a guy that was thinking maybe some teeth on the pressure plate broke off? Also, When I downshifted, it wasn't really hard or anything. Any way to tell how the cable brackets/clips are supposed to look? Also, thwe problem got worse the more I drove the car. Is it possible that the synchros can be so bad that they won't let you engage into gear at all? The trans had plenty of fluid in it....

ALSO.....when I first started having the problem, it sounded like something in the trans was spinning, like gears grinding. Regardless if the clutch was engaged or not. When I went to put it into gear, it's like whatever was spinning, putting pressure on the shifter to go into first slowed whatever was spinning down, until it slipped into gear......

Sounds similar to a power-steering pump when the fluid is low.....

04 E-Blue SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3R w/ Toys, JM Ported Head, AGP Mini FMIC, LFS TB, Needswings 3" O2, Catless DP, Mopar/Borla Exhaust, AEM UEGO, DSP Predator, CM Meth kit...........

Last edited by 1BAD02RT; 11-04-2010 at 10:41 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode