Premium Member (Lifetime)
SRT of the Month

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo666 View Post
Stock, Mopar or Hurst is the only ones I allow customers to run in the transmissions I build. I have a Hurst and just got it for the stops.
My md 80 works flawless. Why not use it. Pm me if u want.

TUNED By MindMelt101
MyBuild Thread
10.99 @132.23 1.70 60ft 27 psi
Need Fuel setup ideas click here
Props go out to:
Mindmelt101, Tuner Geeks, Act, Wikyd Performance, Pwerks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-17-2012, 12:21 AM
Premium Member

Premium Member
Anyone done any road racing, autocross, or back road blasting with the maddog? I was seriously contemplating getting one. I shift gentle-ish only for fear of damaging my xmssn and linkage, if I thought I could rip into every gear I would. Just wondering, the symetrical shift pattern as mentioned before does seem enticing.
post #33 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-17-2012, 01:01 AM
SRTforums Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbotronic View Post
I shift gentle-ish only for fear of damaging my xmssn and linkage, if I thought I could rip into every gear I would.
That's why every SRT4 STS from Maddog comes with a rod break. It's common for the stock shifter to overshift 3rd gear and other gears, so he takes the liberty of quality assurance that way all of you SRT4 owners wont bend your shift forks or break your gear shift selectors.

Quit Yer Contemplating and buy a Maddog STS, lol. Great Guy. AMAZING PRODUCT. Best driveability mod you can make, second only to a torn motor mount. Top-Notch Customer service. And he can have it powdercoated for all of you guys whom like sexy things, or thread the rod so you can have your favorite JDM attachment or ball shifter.

Here's his website: Maddog Shifters
post #34 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-17-2012, 07:47 AM
SRTforums Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flylike2kites View Post
That's why every SRT4 STS from Maddog comes with a rod break. It's common for the stock shifter to overshift 3rd gear and other gears, so he takes the liberty of quality assurance that way all of you SRT4 owners wont bend your shift forks or break your gear shift selectors.

Quit Yer Contemplating and buy a Maddog STS, lol. Great Guy. AMAZING PRODUCT. Best driveability mod you can make, second only to a torn motor mount. Top-Notch Customer service. And he can have it powdercoated for all of you guys whom like sexy things, or thread the rod so you can have your favorite JDM attachment or ball shifter.

Here's his website: Maddog Shifters
oh wow really? it has something to help make your pivot fork last longer? now im gonna need to reasearch this one; for that reason i may look to get one...

maybe i can get ur opinion on something.. i got new parts to replace my clutch fork and 3rd gear extender. im operating a weak clutch for past 2 yrs and i have minor 3rd gear popout issue. and i believe tge 3rd gear extender will bandaid a fix on top of new pivot fork. only bad thing is i think a minor issue of 3rd gear is going to vibrate in 3rd between 2000-3000 rpms....
i sometimes wonder if i should just replace the pivot fork as that will probably fix my minor issue for awhile.. and now your mention of a maddog sts helping matters too...
just brainstorming.. probably eventually do all 3 things..

AG Free
post #35 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-18-2012, 06:55 AM
SRTforums Member

Maddog STS has the ability to help, but if you're going to abuse your transmission, nothing will save you. For some reason, Short Throw Shifter seems to translate to Johnny QuickShift. If you want your car to sound cool, install metallic bushings or something so it clicks when you shift, but slamming the shifter isn't a nice practice.

I can explain the rest to you, but PM Maddog. It's his product and he can explain it in much more detail than I can.

And as for the transmission, you seem to be on the right path. However, make sure you check other areas of your transmission before the clutch is condemned. You have a hydraulic clutch. You may be low on fluid. You'll never know until you visually inspect everything and find out the solution. Good Luck.
post #36 of 36 (permalink) Old 12-18-2012, 01:22 PM
SRTforums Member

tks for the maddog info. i will research this in the future.
ive never considered getting a sts before, but if i find that it helps things i might.
ive been riding a weak clutch since 120k, and now have 155k.(2-3 yrs)
good point on checking clutch fluid level. i did that maybe around 130k and noticed it helped. i wish i had done this when i 1st noticed clutch going weak. i think i could have prolonged the life even more.
yeah i got the parts just dreading getting it done. probably early next year. also did the booger bushings that helped my 3rd gear some. i had a missing bushing.
my 3rd gear is livable, but i figured if i get the clutch replaced, if i can fix 3rd gear at same time would be great.
so i hear that pivot forks are a weak point and so i just went with stock replacement, abd 3rd gear extender is a good bandaid i hear. and if i find out the maddog sts helps pivot fork life i will definitely consider it.

AG Free
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode