Dodge SRT Forum banner

Axle click pop knock!? Read me plz!

700 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Mrturbo24 
#1 ·
so long story short car was making a wired click/popping sound every i put power the wheels or when i would turn, hit bumps ect.

Well I had my shop change lots of things Including

Drivers and passenger side axles.(getting the axles out of the intermediate shaft was a bitch!)

ball joints

sway bar links

rack and pinion

outer tie rod ends

also changed (but not because i was trying to fix the click pop sound)

timing belt water pump ect.

Koin yellow strut inserts with new coil spring insulators and top hats on stock springs.

(i know i am ranting but i forgot to mention i also have poly LCA bushing.)

SO.... with all that changed you think the click pop sound would have gone away right?!?? NOPE!!!!

So me the mechanic and his son were like WTF!

so he told me "BRING THAT FUCKING NEON BACK FIRST THING IS THE MORNING THIS IS PISSING ME OFF!!! WE ARE GOING TO CHECK EVERY BOLT ON THE SUSPENSION!!!"

and so we did, but the click pop remained!

so we're under the lift looking at it and he says why is your oil pan shiny right there?(near the lower motor mount) I tell him idk

well he says "i bet you the shirt on my back that mount is upside down" I was all like no way!!

Well he flipped the mount and it lined up perfect no jacking of the motor or anything. i get it on the ground and go WOT..................................................................................

NO MORE CLICK FUX me LOL so i change all of of them parts and I had the damn BWOODY mount in backwards.

SO yeah that is my story thought i would post it cause i have seen other peoples port where they talk of said "click pop" and cant figure out where its coming from .

So save your money and learn from my misstates and make sure you got your lower MM on correctly , ok ?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.