Best Meth Kit - Page 2 - SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum
 
 


Go Back   SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum > SRT-4 Technical Discussion > Methanol/Water/Alky Injection

SrtForums.com is the premier Dodge SRT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2010, 02:59 PM   #16 (permalink)
SRTforums Member
 
ggferris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Member Number: 76676
Location: lejeune/so cal
Posts: 3,097
Default

another win for coolingmist CMGS.i have it great set up kinda costly tho.
ggferris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-13-2010, 08:54 AM   #17 (permalink)
SRTforums Member
 
kagekun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Member Number: 57941
Location: Billings, MT
Posts: 2,040
Default

If I could do everything over, CMGS trunk mount awesomeness

The CM kit I have is amazing, but everything would be so much easier with the CMGS
__________________
kagekun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 08:21 AM   #18 (permalink)
SRTforums Member
 
Paper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Member Number: 61658
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,751
Default

I am going to jump on the CoolingMist bus as well. Ran into a install problem (user error) called on a SUNDAY, got a person on the phone and was able to diagnose the issue in about 20 minutes. Kit has been up and running for 9 months now and I am nothing but pleased with it. My cap for my meth tank broke, ordered one of the website, they sent me an extra for no charge and I had it there in 2 days. They have won over my business.
__________________
Contact Turbo666/TDSaaron for your tuning needs.
Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 08:24 AM   #19 (permalink)
SRTforums Member
 
kagekun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Member Number: 57941
Location: Billings, MT
Posts: 2,040
Default

^^^

Like we said, Coolingmist is amazing.
__________________
kagekun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 08:26 AM   #20 (permalink)
SRTforums Member
 
Paper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Member Number: 61658
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,751
Default

My experience with CM has been nothing short of amazing. Also I want to add that I am not taking anything away from the other companies as I have not had any interaction with their support nor products, just speaking from my own experiences.
__________________
Contact Turbo666/TDSaaron for your tuning needs.
Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 12:06 PM   #21 (permalink)
SRTforums Member
 
KikRox268's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Member Number: 75332
Location: 29 Palms
Posts: 906
Default

I'm looking at getting a meth kit but I'm sorta torn between the SRT-4 kit from CM and the SRT-4 kit from DO. Now I don't really see the need for the whole guage thing, only because I'm getting all glowshift gauges or AEM Digital gauges and would like for all my gauges to match but, and correct me if I'm wrong, the CM Gauge and the DO Progressive Controller both do the same thing except the guage doubles as a boost guage and the controller doesn't?
__________________
KikRox268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 12:09 PM   #22 (permalink)
SRTforums Member
 
Coolingmist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member Number: 14112
Location: atlanta
Posts: 3,852
Default

Quote: Originally Posted by KikRox268 View Post
I'm looking at getting a meth kit but I'm sorta torn between the SRT-4 kit from CM and the SRT-4 kit from DO. Now I don't really see the need for the whole guage thing, only because I'm getting all glowshift gauges or AEM Digital gauges and would like for all my gauges to match but, and correct me if I'm wrong, the CM Gauge and the DO Progressive Controller both do the same thing except the guage doubles as a boost guage and the controller doesn't?

Hi. They are completely different. In addition to showing boost and being a progressive controller, ours also shows the flow rate. Also our kit comes with the super atomizing injector.

if you dont care to see the flow rate and dont care to have it as a gauge, this kit is great too.

Coolingmist Water Injection, alcohol injection and Methanol Injection systems

CM
Coolingmist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:36 AM   #23 (permalink)
SRTforums Member
 
KikRox268's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Member Number: 75332
Location: 29 Palms
Posts: 906
Default

Quote: Originally Posted by Coolingmist View Post
Hi. They are completely different. In addition to showing boost and being a progressive controller, ours also shows the flow rate. Also our kit comes with the super atomizing injector.

if you dont care to see the flow rate and dont care to have it as a gauge, this kit is great too.

Coolingmist Water Injection, alcohol injection and Methanol Injection systems

CM

Having the VR system or the CMFG system is just for ease of operation for the most part? Cuz right now I'm just looking for a kit that isn't that pricey to run on my current setup right now, which is just a stock turbo with a few bolt ons but still be able to handle my future setup, which I plan on either getting a D44 or D46 turbo upgrade, my end all goal is to be somewhere around 450whp and boosting somewhere in between 25 and 28 psi. I was thinkin about purchasing your standard 150 psi pump kit but was wondering what's the major difference between that kit, the VC Kit, and the CMFG Kit if you don't mind me asking.
__________________
KikRox268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:36 AM   #24 (permalink)
SRTforums Member
 
Coolingmist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member Number: 14112
Location: atlanta
Posts: 3,852
Default

Quote: Originally Posted by KikRox268 View Post
Having the VR system or the CMFG system is just for ease of operation for the most part? Cuz right now I'm just looking for a kit that isn't that pricey to run on my current setup right now, which is just a stock turbo with a few bolt ons but still be able to handle my future setup, which I plan on either getting a D44 or D46 turbo upgrade, my end all goal is to be somewhere around 450whp and boosting somewhere in between 25 and 28 psi. I was thinkin about purchasing your standard 150 psi pump kit but was wondering what's the major difference between that kit, the VC Kit, and the CMFG Kit if you don't mind me asking.

I would pick the kit that fits your budget the best. The 250 psi pump kits have more pressure than the 150 so they are a better kit, however it does not mean the 150 psi version will not suite your goals.

CM
Coolingmist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:47 AM   #25 (permalink)
SRTforums Member
 
KikRox268's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Member Number: 75332
Location: 29 Palms
Posts: 906
Default

Quote: Originally Posted by Coolingmist View Post
I would pick the kit that fits your budget the best. The 250 psi pump kits have more pressure than the 150 so they are a better kit, however it does not mean the 150 psi version will not suite your goals.

CM

But the kit I purchase, should it be for what I have now power wise or should it be able to support the power I have now and the power a want to make in the future because I'm looking for a kit I can buy now and use, but not have to buy another one down the road when I increase my power.
__________________
KikRox268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:51 AM   #26 (permalink)
SRTforums Member
 
Coolingmist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member Number: 14112
Location: atlanta
Posts: 3,852
Default

I would pick one of our 200-250 PSI KITS THEN. You can always add the controller to a basic kit, but if you get the 150 psi kit, you may need to upgrade the pump later for your new power levels.

CM
Coolingmist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:21 AM   #27 (permalink)
SRTforums Member
 
KikRox268's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Member Number: 75332
Location: 29 Palms
Posts: 906
Default

well I've been looking and I've been debating and the CMGS FS for the SRT-4 is what I'm gonna decide on, the guage has grown on me and after seeing some pics of them installed in the car, I like the styling! So thts wht I'm gonna plan on getting but if my budget doesn't allow it then I'll probably get the stage 1 kit that comes with the 250 psi pump then buy a controller down the line.
__________________
KikRox268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 03:38 PM   #28 (permalink)
SRTforums Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Member Number: 76529
Location: Delta Utah
Posts: 180
Default

I just bought the CMGS FS SRT-4. The kit arrived and I looked it over. It doesn't look very impressive for the price tag on it. However, I will reserve judgement on it until it's installed and running. My observations are that the pump is very big and heavy and I wish the gauge matched the SRT instrumentation better (cons). Everything did look quality (pros). Word on the street is that this is the best stuff for maximum power and I did a lot of research before plunking down $625 with shipping. I compared all the manufacturers and this one matched up with any of them for price and features. The gauge is a plus for me as I want a clean install and a round gauge is a better match than the rectangular controllers from CM and other manufacturers.

I have a new DSP tune coming from AGP and I should have the kit on the car soon. I'll let you know what I think after the install. I'm going for about 25 psi on pump gas. I'm also getting a scan gauge to monitor timing and knock. Any words of wisdom from this forum on how to set it up?
__________________
50 Trim @26psi
Meth
DSP
WOT Box
BFMIC
160 MPH Crash Bar
Craig-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:41 PM   #29 (permalink)
Merderates da formz
 
NorthNJSRT4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Member Number: 57126
Location: Hotlanta
Posts: 14,268
Lifetime Premium Member
Default

You'll need this: http://www.coolingmist.com/instructions/CMGSFSSRT4.pdf and this: http://www.coolingmist.com/instructions/cmgsfs.pdf

I thought the same thing when I got a tiny box that contained a whole trunkmount setup then I removed the bezel from the gauge and saw where my money went.
NorthNJSRT4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 05:22 PM   #30 (permalink)
Premium Member (Lifetime)
 
director1203's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Member Number: 78247
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 820
Lifetime Premium Member
Default

North which set up do you have? about time for me to breakdown and finally put one in.
__________________
DCR built
PTE6262 powered
Frana input with extended gears
AEM now installed
Best timeslip
1.78 60ft
11.12 1/4
129.65 MPH
director1203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:21 PM.



(C) SRTforums.com

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2