Best Meth Kit - Page 2 - SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum

Go Back   SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum > SRT-4 Technical Discussion > Methanol/Water/Alky Injection

SrtForums.com is the premier Dodge SRT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2010, 02:59 PM   #16 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 76676

another win for coolingmist CMGS.i have it great set up kinda costly tho.
ggferris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2010, 08:54 AM   #17 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 57941

If I could do everything over, CMGS trunk mount awesomeness

The CM kit I have is amazing, but everything would be so much easier with the CMGS
Old 11-20-2010, 08:21 AM   #18 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 61658

I am going to jump on the CoolingMist bus as well. Ran into a install problem (user error) called on a SUNDAY, got a person on the phone and was able to diagnose the issue in about 20 minutes. Kit has been up and running for 9 months now and I am nothing but pleased with it. My cap for my meth tank broke, ordered one of the website, they sent me an extra for no charge and I had it there in 2 days. They have won over my business.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:24 AM   #19 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 57941

^^^

Like we said, Coolingmist is amazing.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:26 AM   #20 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 61658

My experience with CM has been nothing short of amazing. Also I want to add that I am not taking anything away from the other companies as I have not had any interaction with their support nor products, just speaking from my own experiences.
Old 11-21-2010, 12:06 PM   #21 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 75332

I'm looking at getting a meth kit but I'm sorta torn between the SRT-4 kit from CM and the SRT-4 kit from DO. Now I don't really see the need for the whole guage thing, only because I'm getting all glowshift gauges or AEM Digital gauges and would like for all my gauges to match but, and correct me if I'm wrong, the CM Gauge and the DO Progressive Controller both do the same thing except the guage doubles as a boost guage and the controller doesn't?
Old 11-21-2010, 12:09 PM   #22 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 14112

Quote: Originally Posted by KikRox268 View Post
I'm looking at getting a meth kit but I'm sorta torn between the SRT-4 kit from CM and the SRT-4 kit from DO. Now I don't really see the need for the whole guage thing, only because I'm getting all glowshift gauges or AEM Digital gauges and would like for all my gauges to match but, and correct me if I'm wrong, the CM Gauge and the DO Progressive Controller both do the same thing except the guage doubles as a boost guage and the controller doesn't?

Hi. They are completely different. In addition to showing boost and being a progressive controller, ours also shows the flow rate. Also our kit comes with the super atomizing injector.

if you dont care to see the flow rate and dont care to have it as a gauge, this kit is great too.

Coolingmist Water Injection, alcohol injection and Methanol Injection systems

CM
Coolingmist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:36 AM   #23 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Quote: Originally Posted by Coolingmist View Post
Hi. They are completely different. In addition to showing boost and being a progressive controller, ours also shows the flow rate. Also our kit comes with the super atomizing injector.

if you dont care to see the flow rate and dont care to have it as a gauge, this kit is great too.

Coolingmist Water Injection, alcohol injection and Methanol Injection systems

CM

Having the VR system or the CMFG system is just for ease of operation for the most part? Cuz right now I'm just looking for a kit that isn't that pricey to run on my current setup right now, which is just a stock turbo with a few bolt ons but still be able to handle my future setup, which I plan on either getting a D44 or D46 turbo upgrade, my end all goal is to be somewhere around 450whp and boosting somewhere in between 25 and 28 psi. I was thinkin about purchasing your standard 150 psi pump kit but was wondering what's the major difference between that kit, the VC Kit, and the CMFG Kit if you don't mind me asking.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:36 AM   #24 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Quote: Originally Posted by KikRox268 View Post
Having the VR system or the CMFG system is just for ease of operation for the most part? Cuz right now I'm just looking for a kit that isn't that pricey to run on my current setup right now, which is just a stock turbo with a few bolt ons but still be able to handle my future setup, which I plan on either getting a D44 or D46 turbo upgrade, my end all goal is to be somewhere around 450whp and boosting somewhere in between 25 and 28 psi. I was thinkin about purchasing your standard 150 psi pump kit but was wondering what's the major difference between that kit, the VC Kit, and the CMFG Kit if you don't mind me asking.

I would pick the kit that fits your budget the best. The 250 psi pump kits have more pressure than the 150 so they are a better kit, however it does not mean the 150 psi version will not suite your goals.

CM
Old 11-22-2010, 08:47 AM   #25 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Quote: Originally Posted by Coolingmist View Post
I would pick the kit that fits your budget the best. The 250 psi pump kits have more pressure than the 150 so they are a better kit, however it does not mean the 150 psi version will not suite your goals.

CM

But the kit I purchase, should it be for what I have now power wise or should it be able to support the power I have now and the power a want to make in the future because I'm looking for a kit I can buy now and use, but not have to buy another one down the road when I increase my power.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:51 AM   #26 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

I would pick one of our 200-250 PSI KITS THEN. You can always add the controller to a basic kit, but if you get the 150 psi kit, you may need to upgrade the pump later for your new power levels.

CM
Old 11-22-2010, 11:21 AM   #27 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

well I've been looking and I've been debating and the CMGS FS for the SRT-4 is what I'm gonna decide on, the guage has grown on me and after seeing some pics of them installed in the car, I like the styling! So thts wht I'm gonna plan on getting but if my budget doesn't allow it then I'll probably get the stage 1 kit that comes with the 250 psi pump then buy a controller down the line.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:38 PM   #28 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 76529

I just bought the CMGS FS SRT-4. The kit arrived and I looked it over. It doesn't look very impressive for the price tag on it. However, I will reserve judgement on it until it's installed and running. My observations are that the pump is very big and heavy and I wish the gauge matched the SRT instrumentation better (cons). Everything did look quality (pros). Word on the street is that this is the best stuff for maximum power and I did a lot of research before plunking down $625 with shipping. I compared all the manufacturers and this one matched up with any of them for price and features. The gauge is a plus for me as I want a clean install and a round gauge is a better match than the rectangular controllers from CM and other manufacturers.

I have a new DSP tune coming from AGP and I should have the kit on the car soon. I'll let you know what I think after the install. I'm going for about 25 psi on pump gas. I'm also getting a scan gauge to monitor timing and knock. Any words of wisdom from this forum on how to set it up?
WOT Box
BFMIC
160 MPH Crash Bar
Craig-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:41 PM   #29 (permalink)
Merderates da formz

Member Number: 57126
Lifetime Premium Member

You'll need this: http://www.coolingmist.com/instructions/CMGSFSSRT4.pdf and this: http://www.coolingmist.com/instructions/cmgsfs.pdf

I thought the same thing when I got a tiny box that contained a whole trunkmount setup then I removed the bezel from the gauge and saw where my money went.
NorthNJSRT4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 05:22 PM   #30 (permalink)
Premium Member (Lifetime)

Member Number: 78247
Lifetime Premium Member

North which set up do you have? about time for me to breakdown and finally put one in.
AEM now installed
Best timeslip
1.78 60ft
11.12 1/4
129.65 MPH
director1203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement