Dodge SRT Forum banner

Walbro High-Pressure 400lph In-tank Fuel Pump

100K views 320 replies 48 participants last post by  woltegsrt4 
#1 ·
See less See more
#2 ·
most likely Not because it is not a drop in pump and requires modification just like any other pump

#3 ·
-Requires modification to wiring, fuel lines and fuel module (Professional installation recommended)

^^im sure thats better than paying $600+ for twin hanger setup and pry easier than a bosch 44^^

#10 ·
LMAO, i already got a fullblown setup bruh :jester:, i mean there was the w255, the b44, the dw300, and now the w400....just trying to see a comparison on performance/price/install.......:readclose

#15 ·
i too did an 044. made it real nice and actually kept the canister somewhat intact. fits great and no pick up issues. it actually sets the sock slightly lower and farther back than stock. but i too would be curious about this pump just to see what all is out there for options if someone didnt want to do the bosch or something.

#26 ·
I would want more spec before running this pump. Some of the Walboro's only flow the states LPH or GPH at a stated PSI of pressure which leads to misleading flow characteristics. Also this pump required modification to run in an SRT.

#28 · (Edited)
also the tune from adam was 465hp at 26 psi but i got word that he turned it up to 27 psi and it did lay down 480hp but he didnt wanna risk it blowing up at his shop so he put it back to 465 and 27psi.

and as for his tune... Knock sensor was OFF and it had 28* of timing ... YIKES!!!! NO BUENO!

so in all going from 465hp and 42*tq@26psi with 110 TO 510hp497tq@26psi with E85 = WIN in my book

#30 · (Edited)
LOL yes the last motor did have 4 cyls but only 3 had decent compression... #4 had like 80 and all the others were 150 150 140.

so yes now all 4 cyls are firing well on the new setup... im gonna still up the pressure on the reg to where it should be and then retune. and that will most likely be the last of modding... just maintain the car and thats it.

thanks that was my set hp goal but i know the setup has a bit more in it so ill see what i can do to free up some more hp. and call it a day.

yeah i know to use the same exact fuel for each tune. no mixing.

No i dont think ill be able to make it out this friday cause i have duty. hope to see yall post up some numbers, finally looks like cali will have a few set of high hp SRT4s.

#31 ·
drag racing on Sat. you should come out and see how you can do.

#34 ·
#35 ·
Well just to chime in, There's a local Evo shop and all this guy does is E85 and teaches classes on it.
From what he says "The regular 400lph will fail on E85! You have to use the E85 compatible one. I had a guy run about 570 wheel on single pump on E85 stock fuel lines".

The 416lph Walbros are the E85 Compatible ones. The local fuel guy I go to sells the Universal kits for $219. Similar prices to the 044 plus I've already hacked at my canister so in the next week or so I'm gonna be putting one of these bad boys in. Fingers Crossed!

Oh yeah! lol

#39 ·
Oh yeah, so if your using a meth kit or c16 you'll be more than happy withy the regular 400lph pump. And now sadly I don't. The canister is pretty messed up because had an 044 first so it looks horrible but I will be putting a new canister because my sending unit went out. So once my ankle is good ill probably do that and take some pictures. My entire fuel pump is submerged.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.