Dodge SRT Forum banner

Just installed Walbro, and returnline, few questions

898 views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  NachO_SRT 
#1 ·
Just installed my Walbro 255, and returnline, and now that I can see my fuel pressure, I just had a few questions about it's tendancies.

First of all. Should the system hold fuel pressure overnight? Should I be able to shut my car off and see fuel pressure dropping? Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't, I can't explain that.

Also, when I turn the key, I can hear the fuel pump. It's pretty loud. Are they known to be noisy pumps?

#10 ·
your not finished!

Did you use an Aeromotive FPR?

If yes - You need to mark the adjustment stud where it's at, pull it out and teflon tape (Go easy!) the stud around your adjustment. This will seal up the regulators design flaw boost leak and allow you trouble free high RPM flow regulation.

Truth. :readclose

NachO

#11 ·
I did not know this Nacho. Yes it is an Aeromotive. I might have to move it to a different location because I think it might have to be 6 inches away from my firewall for me to go to the drag strip I am going to. So If I do that I will make sure to do the teflon tape!

#12 ·
Well then glad I could help! Put it on your list of things to do even if you dont end up moving the FPR - it's going to cause you issues, if not now then out of the blue in 3-6 months when this post is long faded from yoru memory.

NachO

#14 · (Edited)
I promise I will do it on Monday! I haven't taken it apart before. Does the set screw just come out after I loosen up the lock nut? Then I can put teflon tape around it and thread it back in to where it was and install the set screw again? I imagine where it seals is just below the set screw in the top of the FPR right?

#15 ·
Yep, pull the set screw off - mark the adjuster stud - Pull stud out, Wrap no more then 2 layers of teflon tape around the area you marked, make sure if you need to adjust it it stays on the teflon tape to keep it sealed up.

N-Joy!

NachO

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.