Dodge SRT Forum banner

Fuel gauge fluctuates.. Input anyone?

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  atroph 
#1 ·
Ok so ive had the car since wensday night, ive noticed that A) it goes through gas quite fast, and B) my needle fluctuates one second i had 3/4 of a tank then it dropped to half a tank then it went inbetween half and 3/4.

I have a AEM afr gauge but once it goes past 18 it just reads ---

Anyone have some input on this thanks guys

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#2 ·
I'm convinced that our fuel gauges and/or wiring circuits are junk. My gauge acts like yours, it goes up and down whenever it pleases. I've checked the clocking of my fuel pump canister, made sure that it has that spacer on before the sender, put a new fuel level sender in, even replaced the VSS (vehicle speed sensor), checked the wiring from the sender at the canister and behind the gauge cluster. The only thing that I haven't thoroughly rechecked is the wiring to the VSS to make sure nothing was pinched from removing and reinstalling the trans. I even bought an Aeroforce Scangauge because it displays the fuel level, but it gets its data from the fuel gauge, so the scangauge is incorrect too. If it comes down to it, I'll run separate wires from the gauge cluster to the pump. I like my fuel gauge to read correctly, dammit lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.