Flow Tested 888cc/1025cc injectors, and the results are? - Page 5 - SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum

Go Back   SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum > SRT-4 Technical Discussion > Fuel Delivery & Race Fuels

SrtForums.com is the premier Dodge SRT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2013, 12:05 PM   #61 (permalink)
Premium Member (Lifetime)
SRT of the Month

Member Number: 32888
Lifetime Premium Member
Default Flow Tested 888cc/1025cc injectors, and the results are?

Quote: Originally Posted by apexcrazy View Post
No . I was referring to your "you didn't build that" attitude .

So what ? I had Chris do some major work for me too this year cuz I collapsed a lung . So what ?

That's fine. Ill drop my block off at a machine shop to get honed and matched to the pistons I buy.

Quote: Originally Posted by Millernz123 View Post
They were cleaned and tested if you would like to call them and verify that then do so. I wouldn't put this up on the national forum and I wouldnt have just sent my injectors in to be tested and not have them cleaned and pay the money out. My engine builder Chris Krieg very reputable builder atleast in Indiana with srt's knows the guy pretty well and talked to him Direct about the injectors by all means you can contact him also, if you also noticed on the sheet that there were also parts replaced. If infact if there was a difference before and after cleaning that is when they would list it on the sheet next to the comments.

^^ this is what set me off.

No one read this after be said they weren't cleaned.
Need Fuel setup ideas click here
Props go out to:
Mindmelt101, Tuner Geeks, Act, Wikyd Performance, Pwerks, Porting Solutions

Last edited by underSRTarmor; 01-17-2013 at 12:11 PM.
underSRTarmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2013, 12:10 PM   #62 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 24279

Quote: Originally Posted by underSRTarmor View Post

And......The injectors infact did not get cleaned.

Neither did yours . The good ones , anyway . Just like the op .

S3 turbo/mani,S3 coilovers,SCT PRP,1025cc inj,AGP Race,N2MBWOTBox,ACT HD-Street,Hurst,Needswings
apexcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:13 PM   #63 (permalink)
SRT of the Month

Lifetime Premium Member
Default Flow Tested 888cc/1025cc injectors, and the results are?

Neither did yours . The good ones , anyway . Just like the op .

Right. Only bc after the one got cleaned it flowed identical to the rest. All flowed 1116cc.

If the one that got cleaned would of flowed more than the other 3 I told fic to clean them all. They said 1116 is a brand new injector.

The fact that he insisted they got cleaned and was comparing my info his builder input pissed me off. Like his builder is more right than me(kinda way) I know I'm not the best and will admit when wrong. Hell I'm not a tuner or an engine builder.

And all the time none got cleaned.
Need Fuel setup ideas click here
Props go out to:
Mindmelt101, Tuner Geeks, Act, Wikyd Performance, Pwerks, Porting Solutions

Last edited by underSRTarmor; 01-17-2013 at 12:18 PM.
underSRTarmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:14 PM   #64 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor (Gold)

Member Number: 45182

Quote: Originally Posted by nemiro View Post
Wow! So much BS and posturing in this thread! A couple of people are spot on. What test fluid was used? Makes all the difference in the world. I built a home made flow bench, and have used a couple of different fluids, and have tested all kinds of injectors. The results are always different from one manufacturer or another, due to fluid.

The density of the test fluid is most likely the only difference between the measured and "advertised" numbers

These injectors were designed for OE applications, and as a result, flow rate differences between injectors is tightly controlled, therefore your tolerance is tight, which your flow tests indicated. That is as important as overall flow rate for the set.

% flow balance is 10X more important than few cc off from what's advertised. That's why mine are all match to under 1/2%

Given that I have more than a cursory knowledge of these things, and that I have access to whatever type of injector I want, does it surprise anyone why I would want to use these?

I use these in my own car as well and have for over 3 years.

FTR, Siemens advertises this as an 80lb/hr injector @ 43.5psi. Others have different interpretations of what they flow in cc/min. There are solid formulas for this conversion.

Marketing very often mislabels what a product actually is. However, once the label enters the common vernacular, it is hard to correct it. Hence, in SRT4 circles, this injector is known as the 888/1025, even though the manufacturer never called it that. Most people on SRTForums know what the 888/1025cc injector is. However, ask someone on these forums about the 80# injector, and no one knows what you are talking about.

I was the first to market these injectors as "1025cc". This number was derived off detailed specs sheets supplied by the manufacturer ans my calcualtions.

Honestly, 1025cc/min is pure marketing hype. Base on my actual calculations they are 1024cc at 58psi but "1025cc" sounded better
PLEASE USE EMAIL!!dave at needlesstorque dot com

Last edited by duster360; 01-17-2013 at 12:18 PM.
duster360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:14 PM   #65 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 60887

FTR, Siemens advertises this as an 80lb/hr injector @ 43.5psi. Others have different interpretations of what they flow in cc/min. There are solid formulas for this conversion.

Marketing very often mislabels what a product actually is. However, once the label enters the common vernacular, it is hard to correct it. Hence, in SRT4 circles, this injector is known as the 888/1025, even though the manufacturer never called it that. Most people on SRTForums know what the 888/1025cc injector is. However, ask someone on these forums about the 80# injector, and no one knows what you are talking about.

I'm not saying they are bad injectors at all, but when you list a product like injectors that are suppose to flow a certain amount as advertised they should flow that amount. I know there can be a difference in fluids being used but sending them out to a reputable place like FIC one would think they are using the best stuff or so we are to believe it is. I would really just like to see a test of a brand new set of injectors I'm sure someone has them right. I mean these are so widely used.

Built motor by Kriegspeed
Millernz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:20 PM   #66 (permalink)

Member Number: 32732
Lifetime Premium Member

Do you *honestly* think some of the other injectors out there _really_ flow what they are advertised at? Maybe I should publish some of my results. There would be a lot of crying!

"No one has more turbo Dodge calibration experience, this side of the factory"

nemiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:24 PM   #67 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor (Gold)

Quote: Originally Posted by D-SRT View Post
You ever think that maybe they were flowed with a different substance from the manufacturer than what yours were subjected to in the latest flow test?

You do realize, FIC 1100's and ID 1000's are IDENTICAL injectors...and FIC 2150's and ID 2000's are IDENTICAL injectors, right? FIC uses a different liquid and pretty much artificially boosts their numbers, though they are the same injector.

Maybe it was tested with the same liquid as what Seimens rated theirs as. Maybe not. Just stating the obvious that many seemed to miss.

FIC and ID injectors are very similar. Weather they're exact or not, i really don't care. I consider any injector advertised within 100cc of another to be pretty much the same. On every tune I do, each injector scale is dialed in per car.

Again, as a tuner, I could care less if the injectors are 100cc off one way or the other from the "advertised" size. As long as all 4 flow at or below 1% that's just fine.

Last edited by duster360; 01-17-2013 at 12:28 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:25 PM   #68 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor (Gold)

Do you *honestly* think some of the other injectors out there _really_ flow what they are advertised at? Maybe I should publish some of my results. There would be a lot of crying!

I guess you got your fuel injector test fixture working?
Old 01-17-2013, 12:27 PM   #69 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 60887

I'm not trying to argue with anyone here but and actual test was performed and I posted this, I have yet to see a brand new set tested that's all I am asking, it shouldn't be to hard to produce right.

Built motor by Kriegspeed
Millernz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:57 PM   #70 (permalink)

Lifetime Premium Member

Quote: Originally Posted by duster360 View Post
I guess you got your fuel injector test fixture working?

Yep. Raises eyebrows, that's for sure.

Old 01-17-2013, 01:04 PM   #71 (permalink)

Lifetime Premium Member

Quote: Originally Posted by Millernz123 View Post
I'm not trying to argue with anyone here but and actual test was performed and I posted this, I have yet to see a brand new set tested that's all I am asking, it shouldn't be to hard to produce right.

IF people would like to send me their brand new injectors, I will flow them against the same setup that I flow everything against, with the same fluid, and I will give them the final results, uncorrected, and then corrected against stock type injectors. It may be a way of getting a definitive database of what injectors REALLY do.

Old 01-17-2013, 01:06 PM   #72 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 24279

What's important is now you know exactly what your injectors flow . I'm guessing the first few pages got hacked up by mods deleting posts , so its hard to get an idea how this all went down , but from what's left it looked like Chris Krieg's integrity was being questioned by others , otherwise I wouldn't have posted . But it seems the issue was a simple symantics misunderstanding .

S3 turbo/mani,S3 coilovers,SCT PRP,1025cc inj,AGP Race,N2MBWOTBox,ACT HD-Street,Hurst,Needswings
apexcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:11 PM   #73 (permalink)
SRT of the Month

Lifetime Premium Member

What's important is now you know exactly what your injectors flow . I'm guess the first few pages got hacked up by mods deleting posts so its hard to get an idea how this all went down , but from what's left it looked like Chris Krieg's integrity was being questioned by others , otherwise I wouldn't have posted . But it seems the issue was a simple symantics misunderstanding .

i wasnt trying to be an azz by no means, but i know the the sheet showed and i know what all the options give as i just got mine tested and cleaned.....

i dont know craig, and i wasnt questioning his ablities..... i was only stating the fact that the injectors did not get cleaned... and i got told blah blah

then i got pissed(well not really) but i responded with stuff like i did, the op thinks u cant lose 85cc from them being dirty thats incorrect....

now back on topic, i apologize for staying negative things toward the op