Flow Tested 888cc/1025cc injectors, and the results are? - Page 4 - SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum

Go Back   SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum > SRT-4 Technical Discussion > Fuel Delivery & Race Fuels

SrtForums.com is the premier Dodge SRT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2013, 09:48 AM   #46 (permalink)
Premium Member (Lifetime)
SRT of the Month

Member Number: 32888
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote: Originally Posted by Millernz123 View Post
Honestly at this point I don't care if you believe me or not, the fact of the matter is the injectors didn't flow what they were suppose to, and there are other ways to look at this to, I have had those injectors for less than a year with maybe 10,000 miles on them and they only flowed 940cc at 60 psi clean or dirty thats not good in my book, you are loosing 85cc of flow in less than a year throught all the injectors.

clean or dirty?? are you kiddin
dirt can destroy an injector in seconds and destroy your engine,

i had less than 1000 miles(6 mths) and my injector lost alot more than 85 cc of flow more like 200cc. some rubber broke lose in my line and clogged it......

im trying to help and your turning this in a me vs him arguement. now you dont care!!! so some one is trying to help out and make sure your taken care of and u dont care....

its cool man! now i see why u getting some one esle to build your car.....

simple me trying to help you out turned in to mods tell me to chill out. ya i got aggravaited and say stuff i shouldnt of, oh well, you dont care i dont either any more......

enjoy....

eric and dan, im not mad, not fighting just was trying to help this dude out. but im not any more. delete my post if you need toooo......
Need Fuel setup ideas click here
Props go out to:
Mindmelt101, Tuner Geeks, Act, Wikyd Performance, Pwerks
underSRTarmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2013, 10:40 AM   #47 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 60887

So I called Fuel Injector Clinic and talked to Brian, I asked him what they did with my injectors in regards to testing and cleaning. Brian had this to say about the injectors, the injectors tested out within the 1% of what they consider is good, so the didn't need to go through all the cleaning procedures as they would an injector that was 2% or more. They said because of this they never charged me for the extensive cleaning they do on the failed injectors, and this is why it wasn't listed on the sheet with comments. I asked if going through the extensive cleaning procedure if that would change the flow of these and he said no, that these injectors were calibrated identical and that the flow on the injectors really flow 840cc at 43.5 80lb injectors instead of the 888cc at 43.5 84.6lb injectors. He also said that with different fuel pressures the cc can be raised but going by what is advertised for pressures the claims are inaccurate.

TUNED BY MINDMELT101
Millernz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:46 AM   #48 (permalink)
SRT of the Month

Lifetime Premium Member

so they didnt get cleaned........ no comment

but they still dont flow to advertised specs...... which is odd, they should right? i wonder why?
Props go out to:
Old 01-17-2013, 10:51 AM   #49 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Quote: Originally Posted by underSRTarmor View Post
clean or dirty?? are you kiddin
dirt can destroy an injector in seconds and destroy your engine,

i had less than 1000 miles(6 mths) and my injector lost alot more than 85 cc of flow more like 200cc. some rubber broke lose in my line and clogged it......

im trying to help and your turning this in a me vs him arguement. now you dont care!!! so some one is trying to help out and make sure your taken care of and u dont care....

its cool man! now i see why u getting some one esle to build your car.....

simple me trying to help you out turned in to mods tell me to chill out. ya i got aggravaited and say stuff i shouldnt of, oh well, you dont care i dont either any more......

enjoy....

eric and dan, im not mad, not fighting just was trying to help this dude out. but im not any more. delete my post if you need toooo......

And here we go again with the I'm having somone else build my motor this would be why the mods would be telling you to chill out, you bring up things like this that isn't on topic, so anyone that has a motor built by someone else is retarded for doing so. Are you just jealous because you bring this up all the time. I do most of the work on my car but when it comes to having the motor built I want the best person I know build the car as does most people.

TUNED BY MINDMELT101
Old 01-17-2013, 10:57 AM   #50 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

so they didnt get cleaned........ no comment

but they still dont flow to advertised specs...... which is odd, they should right? i wonder why?

They did a wash but not the internal cleaning, They also said that the fluid they use mimics Gasoline so the flows are very accurate. I would honestly like to see a flow chart from brand new injectors because people need to know what they will actually flow.

TUNED BY MINDMELT101

Last edited by Millernz123; 01-17-2013 at 11:27 AM.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:02 AM   #51 (permalink)
SRT of the Month

Lifetime Premium Member

They did a wash but not not the internal cleaning, They also said that the fluid they use mimics Gasoline so the flows are very accurate. I would honestly like to see a flow chart from brand new injectors because people need to know what they will actually flow.

agreed
Props go out to:
Old 01-17-2013, 11:32 AM   #52 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 24279

......I got 4 injectors tested one was low. I told them to clean all 4 on the paper work I sent. Fic called me and said only one needed cleaning they will re flow test it if it comes back higher than the other 3 they would clean all 4. After retest they all flowed the same. My sheet reflect one getting cleaned .

And there is the answer to your issue . You asked to have them all cleaned , only one needed attention , so they only internally cleaned one , because only one was out of spec .

But Millernz's injectors were all within spec (no internal work or matching required ) , so other than external clean and passing flow test , they went back in the box . Just like yours . Failing injectors get attention , passng injectors get set aside . I see no problem here , just a chip on your shoulder .

Also the Siemens 80lb injector is often referred to as a 835cc set , not 888cc . Now we know why .

S3 turbo/mani,S3 coilovers,SCT PRP,1025cc inj,AGP Race,N2MBWOTBox,ACT HD-Street,Hurst,Needswings

Last edited by apexcrazy; 01-17-2013 at 11:39 AM.
apexcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:45 AM   #53 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Quote: Originally Posted by apexcrazy View Post

Also the Siemens 80lb injector is often referred to as a 835cc set , not 888cc . Now we know why .

Right, and I think we need to let people know that to because otherwise that is false advertising. It all comes down to you need a flow chart for the injectors you buy to actually know what you are getting.

TUNED BY MINDMELT101
Old 01-17-2013, 11:46 AM   #54 (permalink)

Member Number: 32732
Lifetime Premium Member

Wow! So much BS and posturing in this thread! A couple of people are spot on. What test fluid was used? Makes all the difference in the world. I built a home made flow bench, and have used a couple of different fluids, and have tested all kinds of injectors. The results are always different from one manufacturer or another, due to fluid. I have flowed a bunch of stock injectors, in order to get some relative flow data, and create conversion formulas to compensate for this.

The hard truth is that there are actually only a few manufacturers of injectors out there. Siemens is one of the most major. These injectors were designed for OE applications, and as a result, flow rate differences between injectors is tightly controlled, therefore your tolerance is tight, which your flow tests indicated. That is as important as overall flow rate for the set.

I'm not going to throw any fuel on the fire with my own numbers, but as a tuner, I know which types of injectors work as advertised, and which ones are a bunch of marketing hype. WAY too many of you are taking the hype, hook, line, and sinker. I have dozens of injectors around here, and these Siemens are what are in my car. Given that I have more than a cursory knowledge of these things, and that I have access to whatever type of injector I want, does it surprise anyone why I would want to use these?

BTW, I sell tunes and traction control devices. I do not sell injectors, or any other fuel system component. I have no dog in this fight, other than to know what works, and which components are hype and/or junk. I advise my customers accordingly. They can buy from wherever they like.

"No one has more turbo Dodge calibration experience, this side of the factory"

nemiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:54 AM   #55 (permalink)

Lifetime Premium Member

Right, and I think we need to let people know that to because otherwise that is false advertising. It all comes down to you need a flow chart for the injectors you buy to actually know what you are getting.

FTR, Siemens advertises this as an 80lb/hr injector @ 43.5psi. Others have different interpretations of what they flow in cc/min. There are solid formulas for this conversion.

Marketing very often mislabels what a product actually is. However, once the label enters the common vernacular, it is hard to correct it. Hence, in SRT4 circles, this injector is known as the 888/1025, even though the manufacturer never called it that. Most people on SRTForums know what the 888/1025cc injector is. However, ask someone on these forums about the 80# injector, and no one knows what you are talking about.

Old 01-17-2013, 11:54 AM   #56 (permalink)
SRT of the Month

Lifetime Premium Member
Default Flow Tested 888cc/1025cc injectors, and the results are?

Why u think I have a chip on my shoulder?
I stated the injectors did not get a cleaning.

The OP insisted they did that his engine builder knew what he was doing. And wouldn't post on a national forms misinformation.

And......The injectors infact did not get cleaned.

Props go out to:
Old 01-17-2013, 11:59 AM   #57 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 37744

Well this thread is pretty much shit

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f416...-parts-639326/ my for sale thread
jay05acr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:02 PM   #58 (permalink)

Lifetime Premium Member

Not accusing anyone of anything. I just see a smattering of BS (from a lot of parties), and a lot of people saying things to the effect "glad I bought xyz injector instead of these", and other things like that. Funny thing is that many people make claims like that in these types of threads, and in all actuality, they were the ones who got totally owned by marketing hype! I spend a lot of time doing real research and testing that most people never see, nor do I typically share, except to know how to best and properly advise my customers. Good reliable info and practices results in happy and reliable customers!

Old 01-17-2013, 12:03 PM   #59 (permalink)

Lifetime Premium Member

Quote: Originally Posted by jay05acr View Post
Well this thread is pretty much shit

Was from the nearly the beginning, but I think it now serves as a good point to move forward - more intelligently.

Old 01-17-2013, 12:04 PM   #60 (permalink)
SRTforums Member

Member Number: 24279

No UnderSRTarmor. I was referring to your "you didn't build that" attitude/chip on your shoulder .

So what ? I had Chris do some major work for me too this year cuz I collapsed a lung . So what ?

S3 turbo/mani,S3 coilovers,SCT PRP,1025cc inj,AGP Race,N2MBWOTBox,ACT HD-Street,Hurst,Needswings
apexcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement