Dodge SRT Forum banner

afr is all over the place

3K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  burks 
#1 ·
soo i have a wideband installed and its only been about 2 months. started fine but over the last like 3 weeks ive noticed that the afr has gotten richer and richer and richer. usually i would turn the car off and turn back on when warm and it would be fine. now key on engine off....my afr is reading 16s. recalibrated the o2 and still reads 16s. start and itll be 14s then drop to 13s then 12s. at cruise itll be 10 to 11. could it be a possibility that the 2 month old wb o2 could of gone bad?? also ive tried looking for a vac leak or rubbed hose and didnt find anything. havent sprayed yet to check. also i have noticed that my 5 month old walbro 255 sounds like its louder than what it was... this car was a bunch of problem from the get go but most i have tracked down and fixed...but this has me stumped.

#2 ·
Was this wideband preowned? How close to the manifold is the sensor? Recommended that the sensor is at least 24-36" from the turbo exit and of course before the catalytic. This is difficult to do if you do not have a cat delete.
And Yes, the sensor can be bad. First thing in the morning or after a few hours of sitting there it should read really lean before starting the car.
You have it wired so it only comes on with the ignition to Run?

#3 ·
Re

Do you have a cat?
How about secondary O2 sensor? Is it still connected?
Try unplugging secondary O2 sensor(do not ziptie it to chassis and leave it connected to harness-remove it completely) and see from there.

Reactions: System_Crash
#5 ·
Zacr11- disconnect your rear O2 sensor from harness and throw it in garage- its gonna solve your problems

#7 ·
its only 2 months old. and i havent been able to put my elbow or dp on yet, been busy getting other things done around here. soo it is in the factory upstream location, which could of possibly cooked it. it has been reading correctly up until a few weeks ago,then its been slowly getting worse and worse. so im gonna get my elbow and dp put on as soon as the elbow shows up and move the o2 to a better spot down stream. but im guessing that the sensor is shot from being that close.

#8 ·
on another note tho, i need someone to take a pic of their charge piping from intercooler to tb. im missing a sensor there and i assume its the intake temp sensor but unsure.... or if there is a diagram out there that someone knows or has that shows sensor locations that would be helpful

#10 ·
got it figured out what happened....downstream o2 plug came loose.

on another note system crash is there a part number for those and with a pig tail connector? dealership up here requires a vin number to look anything up.....and the shitty part is the shell is an sxt.

also the i was googling the non fouler mod, and is it true that the staged pcms do not require the non fouler mod? putting on my catless dp and elbow this week.

#11 ·
The stage 1 eliminated the rear O2. It just needs to be plugged in to complete a circuit. Any competent tuner can tune out the rear O2 cels as well. In some states, they can still tell if you did that though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.