• 1 Post By Michal Bogdanowicz

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 10:45 PM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
afr is all over the place

soo i have a wideband installed and its only been about 2 months. started fine but over the last like 3 weeks ive noticed that the afr has gotten richer and richer and richer. usually i would turn the car off and turn back on when warm and it would be fine. now key on engine off....my afr is reading 16s. recalibrated the o2 and still reads 16s. start and itll be 14s then drop to 13s then 12s. at cruise itll be 10 to 11. could it be a possibility that the 2 month old wb o2 could of gone bad?? also ive tried looking for a vac leak or rubbed hose and didnt find anything. havent sprayed yet to check. also i have noticed that my 5 month old walbro 255 sounds like its louder than what it was... this car was a bunch of problem from the get go but most i have tracked down and fixed...but this has me stumped.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 06:37 AM
"Made" Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 827 Post(s)
Was this wideband preowned? How close to the manifold is the sensor? Recommended that the sensor is at least 24-36" from the turbo exit and of course before the catalytic. This is difficult to do if you do not have a cat delete.
And Yes, the sensor can be bad. First thing in the morning or after a few hours of sitting there it should read really lean before starting the car.
You have it wired so it only comes on with the ignition to Run?
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 03:06 PM
SRTforums Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Re

Do you have a cat?
How about secondary O2 sensor? Is it still connected?
Try unplugging secondary O2 sensor(do not ziptie it to chassis and leave it connected to harness-remove it completely) and see from there.
System_Crash likes this.

2004 Black Srt-4

Mods:

AGP BFMIC. SDK Downpipe. HONDATA intake manifold gasket.
MOPAR CAI. MOPAR Towerbaces-front,rear. TORQUE SOLUTIONS solid engine and tranny mounts.
AEM afr gauge. N2MB wot box. Fuel pump rewire. Energy Suspension all around polyurethane bushings.
EIBACH lowerring springs. MPX Cath can. SS clutch line. NGK Iridium Spark Plugs gaped at 0.35. Granatelli Spark Plug Wires

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 09:07 PM
SRTforums Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Garage
I am having similar issues not as bad but I know the previous owner zip tied the old ds 02 to the frame. And I am just wondering why this would cause these issues??
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 09:05 AM
SRTforums Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Zacr11- disconnect your rear O2 sensor from harness and throw it in garage- its gonna solve your problems

2004 Black Srt-4

Mods:

AGP BFMIC. SDK Downpipe. HONDATA intake manifold gasket.
MOPAR CAI. MOPAR Towerbaces-front,rear. TORQUE SOLUTIONS solid engine and tranny mounts.
AEM afr gauge. N2MB wot box. Fuel pump rewire. Energy Suspension all around polyurethane bushings.
EIBACH lowerring springs. MPX Cath can. SS clutch line. NGK Iridium Spark Plugs gaped at 0.35. Granatelli Spark Plug Wires
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 03:43 PM
SRTforums Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hardy View Post
soo i have a wideband installed and its only been about 2 months. started fine but over the last like 3 weeks ive noticed that the afr has gotten richer and richer and richer. usually i would turn the car off and turn back on when warm and it would be fine. now key on engine off....my afr is reading 16s. recalibrated the o2 and still reads 16s. start and itll be 14s then drop to 13s then 12s. at cruise itll be 10 to 11. could it be a possibility that the 2 month old wb o2 could of gone bad?? also ive tried looking for a vac leak or rubbed hose and didnt find anything. havent sprayed yet to check. also i have noticed that my 5 month old walbro 255 sounds like its louder than what it was... this car was a bunch of problem from the get go but most i have tracked down and fixed...but this has me stumped.
Well Steve, Zacr11 did what Michal suggested and it fixed his similar issue. I'd be willing to bet it's the same problem if you have the downstream o2 hanging outside of the exhaust pipe.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 05:10 PM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member

its only 2 months old. and i havent been able to put my elbow or dp on yet, been busy getting other things done around here. soo it is in the factory upstream location, which could of possibly cooked it. it has been reading correctly up until a few weeks ago,then its been slowly getting worse and worse. so im gonna get my elbow and dp put on as soon as the elbow shows up and move the o2 to a better spot down stream. but im guessing that the sensor is shot from being that close.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 06:00 PM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member

on another note tho, i need someone to take a pic of their charge piping from intercooler to tb. im missing a sensor there and i assume its the intake temp sensor but unsure.... or if there is a diagram out there that someone knows or has that shows sensor locations that would be helpful
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 08:28 AM
SRTforums Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 03:10 PM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member

got it figured out what happened....downstream o2 plug came loose.

on another note system crash is there a part number for those and with a pig tail connector? dealership up here requires a vin number to look anything up.....and the shitty part is the shell is an sxt.

also the i was googling the non fouler mod, and is it true that the staged pcms do not require the non fouler mod? putting on my catless dp and elbow this week.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 03:48 PM
SRTforums Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
The stage 1 eliminated the rear O2. It just needs to be plugged in to complete a circuit. Any competent tuner can tune out the rear O2 cels as well. In some states, they can still tell if you did that though.

2005 SRT-4, BW Stage 3, Tuning...
2002 Camaro SS M6, Turbo kit in, working on things!
2003 SRT-4 Sold!
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 04:50 PM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enginjoe View Post
The stage 1 eliminated the rear O2. It just needs to be plugged in to complete a circuit. Any competent tuner can tune out the rear O2 cels as well. In some states, they can still tell if you did that though.
so thus i dont need a fouler mod then
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 07:01 PM
SRTforums Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
If you have a stage 1 I know for sure it will work just fine without a non-fouler. I don't know about stage 2 or stage 3.

2005 SRT-4, BW Stage 3, Tuning...
2002 Camaro SS M6, Turbo kit in, working on things!
2003 SRT-4 Sold!
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-22-2017, 04:01 PM
SRTforums Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hardy View Post
so thus i dont need a fouler mod then
Correct. You should not need it if you're S1. Mine was still on after my email tune, so I installed the defouler mod. Still comes on everyone once in a blue moon (like once a year). Cycles itself off after a bit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode