My nitrous setup pics of bottle/switches - SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum
 
 


Go Back   SRT Forums - SRT4, SRT6, SRT8, SRT10 & Dodge Forum > SRT-4 Technical Discussion > Nitrous/Cryo Injection Discussion

SrtForums.com is the premier Dodge SRT Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2008, 03:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
SRTforums Member
 
bribri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Member Number: 33121
Location: Florida
Posts: 643
Default My nitrous setup pics of bottle/switches

Here are a few pictures of my bottle setup.

The bottle is mounted in the spare tire well and the switches are in the little cubby hole. Let me know what you think

The blue switch is the arm switch for the nitrous, the push button is for the purge, the red button is for the bottle heater. The black button is for the fan mod. Not to shabby for $8 for the switch panel and switches












What ya think?

Brian
bribri is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-16-2008, 04:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
SRTforums Member
 
RDSRT4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member Number: 12500
Location: Upstate, SC
Posts: 1,708
Default

Looks good, I like where you mounted the switches. Never thought of puting mine in there. I'm gonna post some pics of my switches and set-up soon.
__________________
Original Owner 05 Orange Blast
EF2 Stage 3, Duster360 DSP Tuned, E85
92 YJ Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, Rhino lined
RDSRT4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 04:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
SRTforums Member
 
clearwater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Member Number: 44136
Location: MN
Posts: 2,089
Default

from the pictures provided, it doesnt look like there is a blow down tube attached. For safety sake, i would add one and make a hole in your spare tire compartment so it can exit. Prolly wont work though if you have the spare tire still in there.
__________________
05 srt4...sold
09 gti...current
clearwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
SRTforums Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Member Number: 54634
Location: Fresno
Posts: 176
Default

explain to me what a blow down tube is used for. thanks
DizzySRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
SRTforums Member
 
contraption22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Member Number: 8377
Location: Nowhere, USA
Posts: 4,091
Default

Quote: Originally Posted by DizzySRT View Post
explain to me what a blow down tube is used for. thanks

It is a tube that vents the bottle outside of the vehicle in case the safety burst valve releases.
__________________
2004 Neon SRT-4
contraption22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
SRTforums Member
 
wshadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Member Number: 36650
Location: NWI
Posts: 392
Default

Quote: Originally Posted by DizzySRT View Post
explain to me what a blow down tube is used for. thanks

its for safety's sake.



j/k. i dont have one on mine either incase over pressurized tank im thinking. like if its cookin in the sun. like a pop-off valve on a bulk trailer. prevent an explosion. right now it will just vent in your trunk.

but dont take my word for it.
wshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
SRTforums Member
 
clearwater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Member Number: 44136
Location: MN
Posts: 2,089
Default

and another thing, they wont let you race at a track with out it. but that all depends on the tracks screening abilities.
__________________
05 srt4...sold
09 gti...current
clearwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
SRTforums Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Member Number: 37178
Location: crescentcity,ca
Posts: 521
Default

burst pressure is 3000psi. i personally have a blow down tube but its really not a big deal unless your local track is anal about it.
__________________
v5 ecut, 3" tbe stock tips, mbc, stg 1, solid mm's, k&n, safc2, agp evm, ptp 75 psi mod, ptp wga, 23/16, wideband, cm wi custom 5 nozzle(100%meth), 100 shot, tbolts, fuel rewire.dual aeroforces, 3"02
ported parts: exh mani., intake mani, turbo, tb
nitrous posts
timing,fpr, octane safc
http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f171/need-some-info-thanks-362819/
big turbo,hobbs switch
http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f171/n20-advice-evaluation-371119/
D_MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 11:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
User Banned
 
DDogsrt461BLK 3.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Member Number: 32500
Location: Your Ma's anus!
Posts: 4,828
Default

get those wires by the gas pedal in a loom and out of the way. The blowdown tube is required for every track I've been to. The good thing about the blowdown tube, is the safety burst fitting. It in the event the bottle does let go, it disperses it in 4 directions. The regular fitting makes the bottle go airborne and spin out of control. I run a blowdown tube!!!
DDogsrt461BLK 3.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 06:18 AM   #10 (permalink)
SRTforums Member
 
turbojack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Member Number: 11814
Location: OO
Posts: 5,795
Default

Blow down tube is about $25. Drilling a hole in the body plug in the spare wheel well takes about 15 minutes. Bending the tube and mounting it to the bottle and sealing the hole where the tube goes into takes 15 minutes. All of this equals very little outlay in funds and time to keep things safe.

Search the net, if the tank needs to release and the burst disk lets go you want things to exit outside of the car and not in.

I have my bottle setup just like your's and it looks like you're using the same mounting bracket, so I know whats it takes to install the blow down tube = do it.
turbojack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 12:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
SRTforums Member
 
bribri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Member Number: 33121
Location: Florida
Posts: 643
Default

Quote: Originally Posted by turbojack View Post
Blow down tube is about $25. Drilling a hole in the body plug in the spare wheel well takes about 15 minutes. Bending the tube and mounting it to the bottle and sealing the hole where the tube goes into takes 15 minutes. All of this equals very little outlay in funds and time to keep things safe.

Search the net, if the tank needs to release and the burst disk lets go you want things to exit outside of the car and not in.

I have my bottle setup just like your's and it looks like you're using the same mounting bracket, so I know whats it takes to install the blow down tube = do it.

Wow, easy on the hating about the blow down tube! I am going to be purchasing a blow down tube and installing it very soon when I go to the track. As of right now I really dont think that the bottle is going to burst, blow up and spin out of control in my trunk. That mounting kit is pretty damn sturdy!

Anyway, thanks for the input, and the wires were pulled out of the way.

Video of the purge! DDog (whatever it is) I got the idea from your setup
YouTube - Purging the nitrous
__________________
Quote: Originally Posted by srt4_texas View Post
The "excuse" is that I just enjoy the taste of testicles.

| 1987 Mustang GT | 351 Carbureted
| 2013 Kia Optima SXL | Snow White
| 2004 SRT | 11.70@121.67 | SOLD!
bribri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 12:39 PM   #12 (permalink)
SRTforums Member
 
turbojack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Member Number: 11814
Location: OO
Posts: 5,795
Default

No hate was intended.
turbojack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 01:03 PM   #13 (permalink)
User Banned
 
DDogsrt461BLK 3.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Member Number: 32500
Location: Your Ma's anus!
Posts: 4,828
Wink

Quote: Originally Posted by bribri View Post
Wow, easy on the hating about the blow down tube! I am going to be purchasing a blow down tube and installing it very soon when I go to the track. As of right now I really dont think that the bottle is going to burst, blow up and spin out of control in my trunk. That mounting kit is pretty damn sturdy!

Anyway, thanks for the input, and the wires were pulled out of the way.

Video of the purge! DDog (whatever it is) I got the idea from your setup
YouTube - Purging the nitrous



burst fitting comes into play, in the most important times. Like filling a bottle, and installing a bottle. Those are the times, when the bottle isn't bolted down. If it lets go, it will become a projectile!! + the added bonus if your bottle let go with passengers in the car, no one would get frostbite blisters!!!! Or worse!!! No hate here, just helping you tighten up the details!! What size shot are you running???
DDogsrt461BLK 3.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 01:51 PM   #14 (permalink)
SRTforums Member
 
bribri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Member Number: 33121
Location: Florida
Posts: 643
Default

Quote: Originally Posted by DDogsrt461BLK 3.0 View Post


burst fitting comes into play, in the most important times. Like filling a bottle, and installing a bottle. Those are the times, when the bottle isn't bolted down. If it lets go, it will become a projectile!! + the added bonus if your bottle let go with passengers in the car, no one would get frostbite blisters!!!! Or worse!!! No hate here, just helping you tighten up the details!! What size shot are you running???

Right now I have jets for a 35 shot (i think) 36n 20f, i know its a little much on the fuel but this was just what I had laying around when I put in the kit. I have made one 3rd and 4th gear pass with it, and it feels great (just wanted to make sure it works). Anyways im going to be running a 60-75 shot. My fuel pump goes in Tuesday, then gonna get dynoed sometime next week. Ill keep you guys posted.

And once again, blow down tube is coming!

Brian
__________________
Quote: Originally Posted by srt4_texas View Post
The "excuse" is that I just enjoy the taste of testicles.

| 1987 Mustang GT | 351 Carbureted
| 2013 Kia Optima SXL | Snow White
| 2004 SRT | 11.70@121.67 | SOLD!
bribri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 01:53 PM   #15 (permalink)
SRTforums Member
 
bribri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Member Number: 33121
Location: Florida
Posts: 643
Default

Quote: Originally Posted by turbojack View Post
No hate was intended.

its cool, my friends call me Mr. Defensive
__________________
Quote: Originally Posted by srt4_texas View Post
The "excuse" is that I just enjoy the taste of testicles.

| 1987 Mustang GT | 351 Carbureted
| 2013 Kia Optima SXL | Snow White
| 2004 SRT | 11.70@121.67 | SOLD!
bribri is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:22 PM.



(C) SRTforums.com

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2