Dodge SRT Forum banner

Yes I've used the search button lol

1K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  lVlemphizStylez 
#1 ·
Rebuilding the bottom end. Completely stock 2004 srt4 motor with about 105k on it. I've had it since 80k and I'm in a situation where I have to rebuild it (lifters and bearings gave out due to oil starvation:( ). I've searched and searched but still have no clue what to do. My goal is to be at least 370whp. I've read that crowed and eagle rods are good for 600+ and that our stock motor is pretty good as is. Plan to stay on 91 also it's my DD.

What rods and bearings should I get?
Should I remove the balance shaft ?
Pistons?
Or would going oe on the bottom end be fine?

Also the head is done. It's oe
Ps if I sound like and idiot I'm well aware that I'm not mechanically inclined lol
Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
King
Your call. Cut the chain and be done. You can remove the entire assembly but need to plug the oil feeding hole. The BSA serves no structural integrity to the bedplate.
JE FSR or Arias
Yes if you don't go full retard. It all depends on the tune.

If you are not mechanically inclined please grab a copy of the service manual from my signature line and read it.

#8 ·
Nice ! Thanks. I'm not working on it I have my car being worked on at my friends shop. It's my dd and don't plan on pushing more than 400whp. If I would of got my car at a younger age then I'd be wanting it to be a rocket lol so I should remove the balance shaft? The engine needs a rebuild, I'm just not sure if I should go AM or OE. I just want to get my skittle back on the road:,( my goal is to eventually get to 360whp maybe 400 max. I mean the engine is open I might as well do it right the first time.
Also my friend said it's standard bore but the crank had to get cut 10 thousandths so I need 10 thousandths over main and rod bearings..
What should I get, I don't want to get parts for 600-700 hp since I know I'll want to be at 400 whp max.

Again, thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.