Weird noise - Dodge SRT Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-14-2012, 09:29 PM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Weird noise

Okay so my turbo is making a weird noise it just does not sound as clean as before I noticed that the rubber coupling on my CIA was off so I do not know if some Debri flew up into my turbo it kind of just sounds like a piece of paper is hitting the blades but it is hard to explain it is not that loud and everything still runs fine the noise is just annoying to me I have to roll up windows and turn off music to hear it but I don't like anything being or sounding wrong in my car, it's only in boost . Just wondering if anybody else has had this problem or knows what it might be i looked with a mirrow at the turbos blades they looked fine but were kind of dirty and werent hard to spin but at one point in rotation it isnt as smooth ,thanks for any help

Last edited by spwarren; 04-14-2012 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Spelling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-14-2012, 10:25 PM
Premium Member (Lifetime)

check for shaft play, and visually inspect the compressor cover to see if the fins are hitting the wall, also check to make sure the v band clamp between the turbo and manifold didnt loosen up on you

Dcr Option A + Cncport Street Storm head + DBB 6262 =
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012, 12:11 PM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member

Shaft seems good so does blades that I can see and the clamp but my buddie has an extra stock turbo everything seems good with it but the fins have a few tiny chips but no bends and there not touching the wall and all the inside blades seem good should I try and replace the turbo to see if it is the noise and will the tiny chips effect anything
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012, 12:13 PM
SRTforums Member

See if u can make the fins touch the compressor housing with ur hands also can u take pics of the chips?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-16-2012, 06:33 AM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member

ok well my turbos noise seems to be getting a little louder it doesnt sound clean at all but is boosting perfect still and im suspicious to put this other turbo in because the blades on the one thats on my car i looked in a little mirrow and the blades seem good and spin more freely then the extra used turbo and both shafts seem good but i have no idea what the blades inside the manifold are like and the ones on this extra used one seems perfect.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 06:52 AM Thread Starter
SRTforums Member

ok i think i figured out the noise i resealed off my o2 housing to the maniflod with some exaughst sealer and the noise seemed to stop. it sounded like it was coming from the turbo when i was driving but i think it was the air blowing off from the 02 housing on the side where the turbo is and hitting the firewall right beside the turbo, but just throwing it out there incase anyone has ever had this prob.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode